Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Godlyseed

Chatting with Live Video and Microphone

6 posts in this topic

Hi Mike,

I like your site, and I thank God for it!! I wanted to make suggestion, have you thought about incorporating mics and video chatting abilities into the chat room? I saw that done on a Christian chat room site, where people would grab the mic one at a time, and they had the option of when they spoke through the mic, it will show an avatar they put up, or live-video of them speaking through their computer wherever they are. It will be fun!!

I sent you a personal email to your email address listing the site where I saw this done at. You can log in as a guest on that site or set up an account there and see how its done. It might cost some money to put the system on your site, but it can be done, and you can have people give to your site to get it done. 

God bless you mike,

Godlyseed

Only catch is that when I'm around I'll have no idea what you're saying lol

1 person likes this

Only catch is that when I'm around I'll have no idea what you're saying lol

Can you read our lips if the video feed doesn't have lags?

That would be helpful. Its not so much the volume but the clarity. I use technology to understand sounds and when using more technology to receive speech it makes everything distorted. And it helps if the person isn't totally unexpected and random in what s/he says.. which is everyone on here :P I feel kinda bad that I'd be like what...? All the time but hey I can teach y'all the ABCs in sign language :-) and I need the practice actually!

Hi Godlyseed,

I got your email, and took at look at the chat system you were referring to. I think that it could be fun to have a way to do video chat without having to swap Google+/Skype/FB accounts. That way people can maintain some degree of anonymity, but still do audio & video. So it's a really cool idea.

But the system you linked me to looks very dated. If you can find a more modern video-enabled chat system, I'm very open to it (even if it costs money....I am no stranger to spending money on my baby).

5 people like this

Hey Mike,

Thanks for responding! So the site I mentioned to you looks dated. Lol. Are you sure you went to the right site? because people chat in real time on that site. A person looks directly into the camera on their computer or laptop and you are able to see him/her and hear their voice when they grab the mic; or a person can use the second option which is using the feature that only allows them to grab the mic and you hear their voice loud and clear but no camera and their avatar is shown instead of their face when they talk.

Majority of the people on that site use the second option that only allows them to grab the mic and their avatar is shown, but no camera for privacy, and its fun.

I was on that site engaging in live-prayer and bible study chatting with people in real time from October to December of last year on some evenings when I had the time, but I didn't use the camera though to maintain some privacy, but all could hear my voice and I could hear theirs and it was fun. I don't get on that site anymore, because It was an avenue to be a blessing for that time period I was there last year.

I don't know where on that site you went to, but If you can after you set up an account on that site, go into the bible study room and hear how they chat with video and without video. I don't know of any modern video-enabled chat system better than the one on that site at this time. If I find a better one, I will definitely let you know.

Thanks for all you do Mike. Thanks for thinking out the box, being innovative and ingenious to create a site like this WTM.