Jack134

Not a Virgin but I Want to Wait

34 posts in this topic

Hi Jack,

I have the same situation as yours and wish you all the best in maintaining the wait. I'm feeling very positive about this and I hope you are too. Cheers to the brand new start. :)

1 person likes this

Jack - I suppose by now you are overwhelmed by all the "welcomes" - and I want to add my own by adding an important bit of reassurance that everyone has touched on:

you are exactly where you are supposed to be.  right now and here.  choice is yours to make moving forward - and the greatest thing is... you know exactly what choice you want to make :-).

there are indeed plenty on here who are not virgins but who are waiting.  and there are people on here who are dating those who did not wait, but now are waiting with them.  and then there are a few outliers (like me LOL)...  I'm a successful waiter (I'm 50), but I dated and married a woman who had not waited, but then chose to wait with me.  :-)   

anyway - welcome.  

7 people like this

Hi my name is [name removed]. I am a non-virgin, and I have decided to wait untilmarriage. I understand that being a virgin has benefits and down sides. And pre-marital sex has benefits and down sides. And that being a non-virginwaiting until marriage gives the downsides of both and the benefits of neither. I understand that a lot of guys will be filtred out and will not want to be with me. But I don´t care. I´m true to myself and I want to be with the man that TRULY, TRULY loves me. I want the next person I have sex with to be the LAST person I have sex with. I´ve only had sex twice, and I want my third time to be super special.

Hey Jack, I'm in a similar situation and it's good to know I'm not alone. I'm not a virgin either and I've had bad experiences with giving up sex too soon. Needless to say, I want that same bond with my future husband someday. It will happen when it's supposed to happen.

I actually came across this post because I have decided the same thing. Unfortunately, I didn't have very healthy or positive beliefs about sex as I grew up. But as my beliefs have changed, I feel a strong calling or tug to wait. It's a really emotional decision for me because it signals to me overcoming my past. So no, it's not weird and thank you for sharing so that other people who are not virgins still feel they can decide this 

1 person likes this