Jack134

Not a Virgin but I Want to Wait

34 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

My name is Jack and I would like to start out honestly by saying that I am not a virgin. I am however going to wait until marriage from now on. I realize now that not waiting makes sex not as special or important, and I really want that bond with my future wife. I'd love to talk with anyone who is in my situation if there are any on this site?

6 people like this

Hey Jack134, welcome to the forums! I think it is very admirable that you want to wait from now on. Whatever happened in the past should stay there. Your future wife will greatly appreciate that you waited for her despite having a sexual history.

There are a number of non-virgins here who have also chosen to wait. You will get lots of support here :)

3 people like this

Hey Jack! Welcome. Very cool to hear that despite your past, you are now WTM. I think that's awesome. Changing your life in such a way can't be easy, I admire you! :)

Can I ask your age??

If you have any concerns or questions you would like to ask us about, let us know and we will do our best to help you. Welcome again :)

1 person likes this

Hey,

First off, I appreciate your honesty...it has to take a lot of courage to being upfront about such things. Secondly, welcome aboard. While you might not be like the majority of people here, there are (as Vince has pointed out) a number of people in situations/state(s) of being similar to yours. Either way, you'll definitely benefit from waiting, especially in the long term, which it sounds like you're in for. Anywho, hope to see ya around and I think it's great that you've made the choice to commit yourself to such an ideal, even if, in the past you've fallen short. Best of luck....

See ya on the flipside,

Altan

2 people like this

Wow thanks for all the encouragement guys! And to answer your question Kendra I am 22 years old.

1 person likes this

Wow thanks for all the encouragement guys! And to answer your question Kendra I am 22 years old.

Cool :)

Welcome again bro

!

Welcome Jack! I'm also 22. There have been others on this site who are in your shoes. I hope you find the encouragement here that you're looking for :)

1 person likes this

Welcome Jack! I love your statement its real and it reminds me why I choose to wait :) it motivates/inspires me more when non virgins are choosing this path no offense to anyone...cause its more difficult.  When I hear my non virgin friends tell me I should wait, knowing theyve experienced that intimacy, they are reminding me that Im not missing out on much and that it should be with someone special.  We should have non virgin testimonials...now I'm getting carried away :P anyway see ya around

2 people like this

Welcome. There is no judgement here, only commitment, kindness, and honesty. You came to the right place!

1 person likes this

You're not alone :-) I've done everything but and came close to the real thing. Welcome to the site! I admire your courage! I think you'll bring us great.insight

2 people like this

Welcome to the site, glad you are on "our side" now ^_^!

1 person likes this

Hi! We are glad to have you!

I congratulate you on this decision to wait until marriage before having sex again. It is not an easy path. I am sure your future wife will appreciate that you are thinking of her and resisting temptation. It is never to late to take a stand for purity.

Welcome to our community!

----------------

"...anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new creation. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

http://youtu.be/d_BLbj5q8_0

http://youtu.be/vlqp5oGa33o

2 people like this

Welcome to the site Jack! You're not the first (nor do I think the last) person to want to wait despite not being a virgin and we welcome you with open arms! Hope you enjoy your time here!

1 person likes this

Welcome, Jack! Judging by your avatar, small though it is, you look a lot like me and it's freaking me out a little xD

5 people like this

Hey Jack! Welcome to the site and I admire you for now committing to WTM. There are others on this site who have done the same as you. I actually knew a guy in college who was a virgin and he started dating a girl who wasn't, but later committed herself to waiting. Their relationship was great and they have been happily married for three years now! I always love sharing that story since I think it shows we're all in the same boat of WTM regardless of our past. Anyway, great to meet you and hope you like it here so far!

1 person likes this

Hi Jack134,

I congratulate you for deciding to stop and wait from now on till marriage! That takes courage and intestinal fortitude. Sexuality is something given by God to man that should be only experienced in the boundaries of marriage. However, majority of people have had sex before marriage and broken their spirit and done damage to themselves.

I encourage you first to turn to God through Jesus Christ, because He is author of sex, and author of sexual unity and oneness that can be experienced in a couple in marriage. Jesus wants you to know Him, so He-Jesus can make you-Jack134 whole again from your past sexual experiences and give you the Power to wait till your marriage night from this moment on... 

You can read my posts and get more information in the section I started titled "For the Born Again Spirit-Filled Christians on the site" under the Religious topics section.

God bless you,

Godlyseed

1 person likes this

WanderingWashintonian

I love the video you posted titled "Forgiven" by Skillet.   :D Yes, The Blood and Person of Jesus Christ is able to forgive every sin, every sexual sin, and cleanse, and deliver a person from sexual sins, lust and all the destruction pre-marital sex brings into a persons life and make them whole again in Christ Jesus, If they choose Christ!! Thanks for posting that video  ;) I like it a lot!!

You can check out my posts and scriptures I posted in the "For the Born again Spirit-filled Christians on the site" section under Religious topics if you are choosing Christ!

God bless you

Godlyseed

Great to have you on the site Jack! :)  I'm sure you'll fit right in! There are several in the same situation as you, but we'll all be here to chat with you and support you. Welcome!!

Welcome, Jack!  You seem like a wonderful guy! Congratulations on your decision.  It doesn't matter if you're a virgin or not.  What matters is that you want to wait now. :)  That is a very admirable choice.