Canada10024

Weird Thing About You

97 posts in this topic

I'm bringing this one back. 

I hate things being on my arms or neck. I don't mean necklaces or bracelets but I hate turtle necks. I do wear long sleeves in the winter but I usually wind up rolling them up. I am most comfortable in a tank top or something that has no sleeves.  

2 people like this

1. I count everything by fives... whether it be something I'm organizing, the volume on my TV, the time. Everything has to be perfectly even.

2. When I'm alone, I talk to myself a lot to help organize my thoughts...mostly has to do with my writing.

3. Even though I grew up in Florida, I love the cold. Smothering heat gives me a headache, and a headache makes me cantankerous.

Oh I hate turtle necks too! Feels like I can't breath.

- I have to wear socks all the time! Except if I'm wearing shoes like sandles. I hate the feeling of my feet against certain things, like carpet.

- If a person looks at me for too long I think they are reading my mind, so I have to sing twinkle twinkle little star or the ABCs

- I was born with extra skin at the top of one of my ears. I use to think I was an elf or something.

- I love watching horror movies but if it's really scary I get paranoid. The last movie that really scared me was Dead Silence. I had to sleep with the lights and my glasses on for a week. Not many movies do that though.

- I sneeze when I'm sad.

- When I get mad, I become very polite and very quiet.

- I have at least 13 different email accounts.

- I'm an introvert, but once I get to know, like, and trust someone, I almost never shut up or go away.

- Neither my eyes nor my hair settle on one clear color. Everyone always argues about whether I am blonde or brunette, and whether my eyes are green or blue. I've stopped caring!

- I teach both kindergarten and high school.

- My parents are two of my closest friends.

- I can easily read things that are upside-down or mirror.

- I tend to memorize things without trying to, and retain them as long as I continue to be interested in them.

- I would rather do algebra than addition.

- I always have a song playing in my head. Always. Fortunately, I can usually keep the volume turned low.

- Both of my best friends' names start with the letter K.

- Both of the guys I have kissed were born on the solstice - one winter and one summer - and they both have the same middle name, though with different spelling.

- I love theater, but I'd rather have a small part than a big one.

- My favorite room to read in is the bathroom. I've been known to stay in the bathroom for hours, perfectly content.

I'm sure that there are more things to list. I'm really quite weird. But that is all I can think of for now.

3 people like this

(Wow. What a bunch of wierdos............   jk)

1. I'm going to school to be a nutritionist because I love science.  Food is secondary.
2. I prefer to wear socks unless I am sleeping.
3. I was a proud marching band member (we competed and did quite well).  At my school, it was cool to be a band nerd.

4. While I don't like to do dishes (without a dishwasher), I can do laundry all day long.

5. I tend to be a social butterfly.  This is where I am happiest.

6. Even though I go to college, make good grades, work hard, am self-motivated, driven, and intend to be independently financially stable, I'd rather be a housewife.

1 person likes this

Lets see well hopefully not to freak anyone out -

1) I have a snapping tendon (bone pop) in my right wrist.....Its so easy to pop I could literally keep time or a beat with it (which I have done)

2) I have a perfect diamond shaped birthmark on my lower back

3) I like the smell of books, CS Gas (Riot Gas), gasoline, women (no not perfume just natural), and CLP (cleaning, lubricant and protectant ... gun lube)

4) I am Red-green Color blind....But I actually am really good at matching colors and it helps me see better at night

5) I like eating most foods cold straight out of the fridge

6) I have abnormally large feet .... None of the men on either side of my family have the same foot size as me

7) I fell in love with rhymes and they often float into my mind and I will sometimes use them to pass the time

8) I will try almost anything once even if I know it will taste bad, cause me pain, or be a bad idea. ....I have eaten cobra, bugs, ...low crawled under electric fencing, fought a Muy-Thai fighter....jerked out my own tooth, etc.

9) Only broken one bone in my body multiple times.. My skull

Well that's all I can think of for the moment but I am sure there is more....and if given time I could really freak out your mind (mind-freak...lol)

1. I get freaked out about touching other peoples feet/their feet touching me unless they are a baby or a young child...i probably have to work on that in med school. Lol

2. I twirl my hair, but only when I`m really tired. I don't always know when I'm doing it and I have a hard time stopping myself when I do realize it.

3. I struggle to remember the names of people I meet, but I never forget the name of an animal.

4. I am a perfectionist and a procrastinator all at the same time, my professors never caught on. I felt like a bit of a fraud, because I'm sure they thought I was a very different student than I actually am. Haha

5. Even if I don't like a book I'm reading, I feel compelled to finish it, and if it is part of a series then the whole series too.

6. If I hear or see somebody throwing up, I start gagging, usually until tears come to my eyes.

1. I love chicken liver

2. I love brussel sprouts

3. I'm allergic to asparagus 

4. I do not know my multiplication or addition tables

5. I can do a really good baby cry impersonation 

Basically I'm just a very weird person 

1 person likes this

4. I do not know my multiplication or addition tables

Are there addition tables?

1 person likes this

These are really wonderful and hilarious. It made me feel like I know some of you much more. There are so many odd things about me, I'll share a few.

-Like lovelydreamI have to set my clock ahead to trick myself into being on time, but if I set it ahead five minutes I will remember that and ignore it so I set my computer, phone, and alarm clock all at different ranges between 7 and 3 minutes ahead. This way I never really know what time it is and have to go with the latest time. And I am still late, a lot. Working on it though.

-When I am skimming a book or any writing I have to pass my hand over the text that I didn’t read so it feels finished. Even on my computer, or else there is a gap that makes me uncomfortable.

-When I am at a historical landmark I like to touch the surfaces that the people who used the space before would have touched. For instance, I was at the Anne Frank House a few days ago and I held the edge of the kitchen counter in the Annex and ran my hands all over the surface. It makes me feel more connected to their story and the importance of the place. Some people around me saw me and commented on it in Spanish thinking I wouldn’t understand. It was really nice actually that they observed and correctly identified why I was doing it.

-I love listening to music in other languages and memorizing the lyrics but not knowing what they are saying. When I was in third grade I didn’t speak English but I got chosen for the choir because the test they had us do was sing ‘happy birthday’ and I didn’t even know what the words in the song meant. For the next few months as I learned English I continued to sing without a clue as to what I was saying.

-I get incredibly giddy when I learn new languages, even just a little bit. It is that extra connection of understanding that makes me feel warm and fuzzy and excited to learn more. But I really, really, really dislike linguistics. It’s probably because it is too much like math and math and I are foes.

Yeah, I could write many more but these are good for now.

Must stop procrastinating.

Are there addition tables?

I don't know if that's what it's called, but basically I don't just know for example 7+3 I still have to count it on my fingers...... Kind of like a kindergartener
1 person likes this

- Neither my eyes nor my hair settle on one clear color. Everyone always argues about whether I am blonde or brunette, and whether my eyes are green or blue. I've stopped caring!

No way, me too! When I had to get fingerprinted for student teaching, even the people from the FBI argued about it. Same thing happened when I applied for my passport.

1 person likes this

- I hum or sing when I am in the shower.
- I sing or hum when I'm doing the dishes. 
- I can't stand it when windows are all closed (unless they have to be closed). 
- I hate wearing turtlenecks.
- I actually love a rainy day more than I love a sunny one (but I love both).
- I love snow and cold weather (just not freezing lol).
- I automatically feel happy when around nature (like a park with lot's of trees, grass, flowers, a lake, etc.)
- I like the smell of cigarette smoke (I would never smoke, I just don't know why I love the smell of it when others do).
- I love the smell of rain (I know it's not actually the rain, I'm sure you all know how it works lol, so no need to explain).
- I tap my fingers when I am bored or nervous.
- It would mean more to me to see someone plant a tree somewhere for me (or just anywhere in general even if it's not for me lol) rather than receiving a bouquet of flowers. (Although sometimes receiving flowers would be nice lol).
- I hate the feeling of lip gloss, but I love lipstick.
- I am very picky with my music, movies, shows and books.
- Words hurt more than physical pain.
- White chocolate is my favorite. 
- In an argument (I try not to be in those) I try my best to speak calmly through out the whole thing.
- I dislike conflict.

I can't think of any more right now, if I do, I'll come back and add them. Oh and I also enjoy elevator music.

1 person likes this

Smelling something new over and over and over again until that new smell wears off.

Oh, this is fun! Let's see...

1. I hate! Christmas music.

2. The sound of Velcro makes my teeth hurt and makes me feel nauseous.

3. I have to brush my teeth as soon as I wake up or I have a meltdown

4. I can't drive on the interstate or any roads I have to merge on or I have a full blown panic attack.

5. I'm only 20 and the main thing I want out of life is a husband and children

6. I have an extremely hard time looking people in they eye, it physically hurts me.

I'm sure there are more, I'll add them as I think of them!

1. I love chicken liver

2. I love brussel sprouts

3. I'm allergic to asparagus 

4. I do not know my multiplication or addition tables

Basically I'm just a very weird person 

You are not alone! I like chicken liver but never tell anyone because people would always go "ewww".  I suck at multiplicaton too also subtraction.  During co-op at an elementary school the math teacher had to teach the class and me how to subtract lol.

1 person likes this

what's not weird about me?

I have no home training. Its like I was raised by wolves (I raised myself pretty much and I'm also a hermit so I don't know the rules of society on a very basic level<----someone actually told me that btw). All I know how to be is myself.

So I'll return with a list of top 100 weird things about me because I enjoy doing the most.

2 people like this

1. I really really enjoy the feeling of having someone else clean my ears..

2. I find watching people paint incredibly relaxing...enough to make me sleep in the art classes I snuck into

3. I really like it when im drawn on with like a marker or a pen by someone...or when I was in drama class and they had to put make up on my eyes....

4.I have no clue about any mainstream music....everything I listen too is super underground and nobody ever goes...oh!! ive heard this before!!

5. I have 2 accounts for almost every social network site im on, because i feel like i am 2 different people alot

1 person likes this

1. I really really enjoy the feeling of having someone else clean my ears..

2. I find watching people paint incredibly relaxing...enough to make me sleep in the art classes I snuck into

3. I really like it when im drawn on with like a marker or a pen by someone...or when I was in drama class and they had to put make up on my eyes....

4.I have no clue about any mainstream music....everything I listen too is super underground and nobody ever goes...oh!! ive heard this before!!

5. I have 2 accounts for almost every social network site im on, because i feel like i am 2 different people alot

My mom is convinced I am going to die of toxin build up in my body because I am always making people draw on me, it's just so relaxing

1 person likes this

Weird things about me:

1) I really enjoy being outside during a rainstorm, especially running in the rain.

2) I have the opposite of Seasonal Affective Disorder - I love winter and struggle in hot and humid weather during the summer.

3) I can read Middle Egyptian hieroglyphs!

1. I hate drinking coffee but I love everything that's coffee flavored. 

2. Even though I am only nineteen I want to be a mom so bad.

3. I fancy men who have long hair.

4. I listen to my iPod before I fall asleep.

5. I do not eat anything with eyeballs. 

6. I have to sleep with the light on and the door wide open

7. I love dancing but I dislike clubbing. 

3 people like this

1. I hate drinking coffee but I love everything that's coffee flavored. 

2. Even though I am only nineteen I want to be a mom so bad.

3. I fancy men who have long hair.

4. I listen to my iPod before I fall asleep.

5. I do not eat anything with eyeballs. 

That's like me and my love of ketchup, but refusal and disgust towards eating tomatoes, lol.

1 person likes this

- In the supermarket, I take the items from the back, never the front. . 

I do that as well, if it's the last item..I don't want it. xD

Plus++

+ I dislike odd numbers. If the TV volume is on an odd number it annoys the crap out of me until I can put it on an even number. Phew

+ I smile all the time if given a reason..or not 

+ I have natural energy highs you'd think I had ADHD

+ I dislike being touched...unless I'm doing the touching Lol

+ Hate being stared at 

+ Don't like being the last person to fall asleep in the house at night..why? If someone comes in..I don't want to be the one to have to deal      with the intruder xD

+ I'm a pimple popper..not mine yours..kill them!  :disapproval:  Lol

+ I also have reoccurring dreams that are much like mini movies..I'll have the first part of the dream..the next time I have the dream i'll re dream the first part exactly the same..and there will be more of the dream added on..I'll keep dreaming each segment of the dream until the dream completes...and then the dream will disappear forever. 

1 person likes this

You should hear my dog and cat impersonation. Sometimes people even say "I heard a dog/cat". I've even lured cats meowing at them Lol.

I hate letting warm water touch my hands, I can take showers fine and go in a hot tub, but I can't wash my hands in warm water, it makes me feel weird :(