Canada10024

Weird Thing About You

97 posts in this topic

Hey Community!

So just for fun, what is a weird thing about you? It could he a hobby, a type of food, something you do that not many other people do? What is it!?

Mine are:

1. I listen to Christmas music all throughout the year.
  2. I enjoy elevator music.
  3. I love relish, but hate pickles.

What about you?

Haha, I like this! I like to think I'm pretty normal so this will be difficult. Interesting facts Justin!

1 - Butterflies frighten me

2 - When my feet get cold, I use the heat from a hair dryer to warm 'em up

3 - I have more conversations with my myself than anyone else on adaily basis.. I'm not crazy, I promise!

4 - I only have 4 pairs of shoes LOL

I suppose I'll add more as I remember them :-)

5 people like this

1. I actually really like auto-tuned music

2. I LOVE learning languages

3. The ONLY pants I ever wear are yoga pants. I have never worn jeans in my entire life. Yoga pants only. Ever since I was a child, I only wore tights or yoga pants.

4. I really like broccoli and dip (but never cauliflower!)

1 person likes this

I'm obsessed with Dodge pickup trucks (hence the name ;)) But like very specific years its weird...I've had 5 so far and I'll get a newer one then sell it to go back to an older one :P Some people think I'm nuts. Some get it lol. Either way I will probably have to eventually keep the old one I have and buy something else to drive while I fix it up lol. But I don't think I could ever be without a '99-'02 Dodge Ram.

5 people like this

Mine are:

2. I enjoy elevator music.
  3. I love relish, but hate pickles.

Dude, I listen to Christmas music year round too! I thought I was the only one. lol

Some others include:

1. I think about guns a lot. Though that's not really that weird here in the US. lol

2. I like the sound of glass shattering and the smell of gasoline.

3. I'm super attracted to women's feet yet I hate being barefoot myself.

4. I think baseball caps look silly on guys yet I think they look cute on girls.

5. I dislike almost everything associated with my Asian heritage.

2 people like this

Sophie - I HATE jeanstoo! I have only worn them twice. But I have to wear fncy pants for the stuff I do. I always wear athletic pants but will occasionally dress up

Vince ermigerd I like the smell of gasoline too. Everyone thinks I'm sort of a junki or something haha

2 people like this

Oh this is fun since we all have very unsual things about us well lets see...

- I love peach flavored foods (peach cobbler, peach soda ect.) but I hate peaches, Same with mangoes, and apples

- I pick things up with my toes...sometimes throw them across the room lol

- I hate wearing jeans I prefer shorts or dresses I dont like wearing pants at all

- I fear whale tails not the whale itself but the actual tail for some reason and I avoid the discovery channel because it.

- Cashews weird me out I dont like the shape or texture its just not right.

- I hate chocolate cake but love Red velvet (its the same thing only dyed)

1 person likes this

Ooooo weird things :DD

1.) I brush my teeth in the shower

2.) I think death is beautiful because it involves life

3.) I'm obsessed with cars, older classics, my dad owns a 1968 volvo so I got the obsession from him

4.) I love the smell of gasoline

5.) When I make peanut butter toast I put the peanuted up toast back in the toaster for a few seconds so the peanut butter melts and is all goopy :DD

1 person likes this

2 - When my feet get cold, I use the heat from a hair dryer to warm 'em up

Me too! And sometimes I use a heating pad.

- In the supermarket, I take the items from the back, never the front. . 
- You know when little kids have a blanket and they rub it? Well, I've always rubbed my elbow (usually when I'm sad or preoccupied). 
- I like the toilet paper roll flap to be on the top (like the first picture). 

Toilet-Paper-Over-Under.jpg
1 person likes this

Dude, I listen to Christmas music all the time, too.

Other weird things include:

1 I cry at the end of sad movies (don't laugh!) haha

2 I am heavily involved in numismatics, which is really weird if you're under age......65?

3 I literally dream at night about life as a husband and father (family members are faceless, of course, which is really weird but I don't seem to think so when I'm sleeping haha)

I'll think of more and post 'em later!!

1 person likes this

Hmmmm, how to narrow it down...

1) I tap my teeth to music, even if it's music in my head (not loudly or obnoxiously, you probably wouldn't even tell I was doing it)

2) I'm excellent with remembering names, except when I hear them in an introduction format.

3) I never open my curtain unless I need to open the window to let heat out. And I keep the main light off unless I'm doing homework. I'm kind of like Gollum, according to my roommate.

To be continued. (dramatic music)

Oh, and I also listen to Christmas music out of season, though only instrumental and/or Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

1 person likes this

Wow, where do I begin?

1. I get ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response), which is that tingly feeling some people get in their head when they hear/do certain things, e.g, listening to someone whispering, getting a haircut or head massage, watching a lecture or class at school/university, and so on... http://www.asmr-research.org/

2. I also have synesthesia, which means I associate letters and numbers with certain colours. As in, if I look at a word, like, I don't know, PHANTOM, then even though I can see the letters are obviously black, in my mind, they look like they're tinted with colour, like this: PHANTOM

3. Plus, I'm a supertaster (it's not as special as it sounds. About 25% of people are supertasters), which means I have more tastebuds than average. And it means that I'm a lot better at detecting flavours, so I prefer "plain" food, like plain hamburgers, cheese and tomato pizza, chips (sorry, fries) with no sauce or salt or vinegar, etc. If a food has too many topping or sauces, then it overwhelms the taste of the food itself. I'm perfectly happy to eat just a burger in a bun, and just enjoy the taste of the meat and the bread. So, if you're ever having dinner with me, and you see me adding sauce or salt or whatever to my meal, then that means I think it tastes really really bland and tasteless, and I'm having to add flavour. 

4. Because of that, I almost always eat meals one food item at a time. So for example, with a hamburger, I'll eat the burger first, then the chips, then the side salad.

5. I love walking. And pacing. When I'm thinking about something, I like to pace around my room at the same time.

6. I alphabetise my DVD collection, but not my book collection. Mostly because DVDs are all the same size, but with books, you have to arrange them so they'll fit on the shelf okay.

7. I love collecting stuff, and I have a pretty random set of collections. I have lots of Phantom of the Opera stuff, Paris stuff, a collection of musical theatre posters and t-shirts, and so on...

That's all I can think of at the moment. Are those weird enough for you?  :P

xxx

2 people like this

I rarely listen to Christmas music, even during the Christmas season. I'm a horrible person. :lol: 

Sarita, thats funny I'm the same way. If the toilet paper roll isn't facing the CORRECT way it bugs the crap out of me. I usually change it if its not...regardless of where I am haha.

6 people like this

First off, I'm the same way as Sarita and DD about the toilet paper haha

I also like to have a pillow at my feet when I sleep. I don't fall asleep as quickly/well without it. :P

I can be a neat freak

Can't think of any others right now... :P

2 people like this

2. I also have synesthesia, which means I associate letters and numbers with certain colours. As in, if I look at a word, like, I don't know, PHANTOM, then even though I can see the letters are obviously black, in my mind, they look like they're tinted with colour, like this: PHANTOM

Have you ever heard of Daniel Tammet? I believe he's from England and he's a savant that has synesthesia. I saw a documentary on him recently and he can do complicated math in his head in seconds and says the numbers form shapes and colors and the answer comes to him in the form of a mental "picture." It was crazy stuff but the guy did 13 divided by 97 out to 30+ decimal places IN HIS HEAD and the neuroscientist guys checked on a computer and they were all correct! He did numerous other ones at random and got them all right as well....it was pretty sweet.

1 person likes this

Golly some interesting ones here.

-  I have the loo rolls oposite to the picture posted its neater.

-  I love the smell of "petrol" as we call it here, Even better the smell of fibre glass I must stop drilling holes in my boat !!

-  id love to watch a lady dry her feet with a hairdryer. I do not own a hair dryer as I dont have hair "by choice"

-  I often hug a pillow as I go to sleep.  and I nearly always dream of whats in my mind t bedtime.

-  Ah you chaps go on about pants, not wearing pants? Now this is odd as of course pants to a Brit are under wear !! Commando?

- When sailing off shore I have been followed/sussed out by sharks and whales. They are no problem to my boat its sturdy but I have been known to say shooooooooo    lol

O there will be more!    Good topic

2 people like this

Because I think it would look very very funny, How do you do the bits underneath ?

Ah your right RYB said "warm" them I thought she said dry them.   Still very funny but hey !!

I rarely listen to Christmas music, even during the Christmas season. I'm a horrible person. :lol: 

Sarita, thats funny I'm the same way. If the toilet paper roll isn't facing the CORRECT way it bugs the crap out of me. I usually change it if its not...regardless of where I am haha.

I also like to have a pillow at my feet when I sleep. I don't fall asleep as quickly/well without it. :P

I can be a neat freak

Can't think of any others right now... :P

Good to know I'm not the only one  :P

I got curious and searched to see if that's a common thing and apparently people have taken toilet paper preference as an indicator of personality. Not sure if it's reliable, but someone made a joke about it:

tp.jpg

5 people like this

I once made a post about this exact same thing and my main thing is I flex my muscles to the beat of music sometimes for no reason no one is around not showing off just do it and tatyana I thought picking things up with your toes was normal sometimes when I'm bare foot and I can't open a door with my hands I use my feet.

1 person likes this

Well I dont understand the gas thing that is odd. lol

Sarita I thought that was the proper way for toilet paper it only makes sense and yes it bugs me too

@ Scarlet oh ok I was told they were the same thing on numerous occasions and only did little research about it.

@Zeke I do that too before I go to bed I like to imagine life as being a good wife to my Amazing husband and we travel and enjoy life everything is perfect.  Sometimes though I envision death or trauma :/ I dont know why but then I have to force myself back to positive brady bunch happy thinking...maybe has to do with all the Tim burton/horror films I watch.

Dasboy1 I thought it was normal too (and still do) until some of my friends told me I must be a ninja or a monkey because "it is weird" some think its a talent *shrugs*

- I can sense things from people some stronger than others 

- I have precognitive dreams and visions that come true...they come and go can be pretty interesting

Im sure I will have more later on :)

- I like the toilet paper roll flap to be on the top (like the first picture). 

Toilet-Paper-Over-Under.jpg

:o !!!! YES YES YES!! Exactly! I'm with all three of you guys. :P

3 people like this

I do the same thing with the toilet paper, no matter what if it isn't like that first picture I would go to the ends of the earth to fix it, I've always thought It was like OCD or something :DD

I got curious and searched to see if that's a common thing and apparently people have taken toilet paper preference as an indicator of personality. Not sure if it's reliable, but someone made a joke about it:

tp.jpg

Oh my gosh! :o This is amazing! This has always bugged me sooooo much. I don't know why. I think maybe it's because I find that it's harder to get the toilet paper off the roll if it's the wrong way, or it can fall near the ground more easily, or something like that. But YES YES YES.... I do this exact same thing.

I prefer the top left toilet paper, with the paper on top. :P

[i had way too many quotes in this post, so I just left in the diagram one. :lol:]

3 people like this

I have another interesting one to add. I sleep with two sheets and four comforters.  I get hot easily, but never when I sleep. I use this many blankets because I like soft bedding and lots of cushioning. LOL