Godlyseed

For the Born Again Spirit-filled Christians on the site

19 posts in this topic

To my fellow Born Again Spirit-Filled Christians on the site. Personally the Power of the Holy Spirit in me enables me to restrain my impulses and urges to have sex. I honestly don't know how someone who is not a born again Christian is able to say no and overcome the powerful drive to have sex before marriage; that is interesting to me. God bless those people.

Either way, here are some scriptures to the born again Christians on the site for you to read and meditate on that will Strengthen you, Empower you and Enable you to continue to keep purity, wait, and say no to sex until your wedding night. Be sure to meditate on them. Feel free to ask me any questions! Be blessed :)

Read and encourage yourself with (1 Thessalonians 4:3-7, Romans 12:1, 2 Timothy 2:22, 1 Corinthians 6:13,18-20). It is found in the Bible, NKJV or Amplified version.

1 person likes this

Welcome Godlyseed!

My wife and I are both born again spirit-filled successful waiters, and yes we both agree that we wouldn't have been able to do it without God's help and spirit.

I'm curious what 'brand' (for lack of a better term) of believer you are - what do you believe are the signs of receiving the Holy Spirit?

1 person likes this

Because they have many other reasons and encouragement to wait as they should and they dont just go by what the bible says...they mostly think for themselves or have experiences with the outside world that remind them why they WTM.  

You can have morals and respect for yourself without following God and the bible, hell most people that I know follow both and dont have either.

I have abstained from sex my whole life and it honestly had little or nothing to do with the bible, its because I don't want to feel used I have respect for myself and personally I think religion isnt a good enough reason to WTM. I think there should be personal reasons mostly and spiritual guidance or religion (if you have one) should further support your decision otherwise your not really thinking for yourself just following what the bible says without question. I get what your saying though its hard but I'm sure their struggles are just as difficult as everyone else's. 
I personally am curious to know how they deal with death but that's for a whole other topic

3 people like this

I think it's cuz of strong personal reasons as well. Takes a lot of willpower to wanna do the right thing so you cann save yourself for your spouse. I also think there's so many to WTM as a reasonable choice. Many end up not WTM cuz it's a very hard thing to do!! Of course i'd thank God's spirit as well. :)

1 person likes this

What exactly does the term born-again Christian mean? Does it mean Christians who believe the reincarnation? Does it refer to Christians who were not so religious before, but have regained the vigor and love of their religion and to practice it? Does it mean something else?

If I'm right (as a former Christian), the term basically means a Christian who's had some sort or revival in his/her faith, after either falling out with it and returning to the fold or either after taking responsibility for it after years of blinding following it due to merely being born into a Christian family. Som people try and extend this term to virginity (i.e. born-again virgins), but there's defintely some disagreement on that area, haha.

In the doctrine I was raised in, born again is simply the term (see John chapter 3) for being saved/converted. When you believe/trust in Jesus' sacrifice and call on him for redemption, you are "born" spiritually. You're born once when your life begins, and if you get saved, you're "born again," into God's family/kingdom.

2 people like this

Hmn...I guess I was looking at it more from the perspective of seeing the so-called 'born-again' types I've met. They all seemed to use the term to mean getting a 'second wind' so to speak when it came to faith in God and the doctrines of the branch of Christianity that they claimed to follow...

Praise the Lord! Thanks to all 6 of you that have responded so far! I want to respond to all of you! I wont always respond to what people say, but I want to respond to this first sets of post and also answer the questions asked.

First of all, let me start by saying that I am not only a Born again Spirit-filled Christian, I am also a Licensed Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

AussieStig,

Thanks for the Welcome brother :)! I am so glad about you and your wife being successful waiters. Praise God for that!! I rejoice with you guys for that, and thanks for acknowledging that without God's help and Spirit you wouldn't have been able to Wait, that is just the TRUTH!! My desire is to find a wife that has waited for me also, as I have waited for her ;)

I am a believer that believes the bible is the Inerrant, Immutable, Infallible Word of God (2 Peter 1:21, Hebrews 1:1-4).

The signs of receiving the Holy Spirit are according to the scriptures are Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Acts 19:1-6, Acts 8:5-19, Acts 10:38, John 7:37-39, John 14:26, Luke 11:13, 1 Corinthians 14:2,4, Isaiah 28:11. In short, The Holy Spirit gives us Power over sin, Power against the devil and Power to live the Christian life and a heavenly language called tongues; and brother,Tongues are still for today! I pray in tongues everyday apart from praying in English the Word of God also by the Spirit, and tongues are REAL by the Spirit of God. You and your wife stay blessed :D

Tatyana,

FYI= Born again Spirit-filled Christians are not people who are religious, nor have checked their brains out for what the bible says. They are real people, human beings who have experienced the Saving, Life-Changing, EYE-OPENING and Redeeming Power of Jesus Christ to save man from sin and its effects, and reconcile them to the True and Living God. Christianity is not a religion, Never was, Never will be. It is a relationship with the True, One and Only Almighty God through His Son-Jesus Christ!!!

Religion is when people come up with their own rules, beliefs and ways of how to get to God, or do self-righteous acts to justify themselves before God.

You can have morals and respect all you want without following God and the bible, it still does not change the TRUTH of God, that Man or Woman is a Sinner and in Desperate need for the Savior-who is Jesus Christ alone-the Son of God (Romans 3:10,23, Romans 5:8,12-15,17-18, Romans 6:23, Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12, Romans 10:9-10). Read it in the New King James Bible (NKJV) or Amplified Bible (AMP). Romans 3 means "Romans chapter 3" and 10, 23 means "verse 10 and 23," follow suit with the other scriptures.

Every man or woman will die one day and have to stand before Almighty God, and at that moment, what they believe is Irrelevant. The Truth is the Truth!! I submit to you STRONGLY that "Jesus Christ is the only Way, the Truth and the Life" (John 14:6). Hell is real, and a person without Jesus Christ is going there whether they believe it or not!! 

It is only by God's Grace and Mercy that you have been able to abstain from sex before marriage, even though you dont acknowledge the bible, I promise you!! Respect for yourself is good, but know that Christianity is not a religion, even though people classify it as such, but the Christians who LIVE IT FOR REAL know it is NOT a Religion!

We Christians who abstain from pre-marital sex is because we LOVE GOD! and want to honor Him in our decisions, lifestyle and behavior, which is what Christians do! As Christians, we obey the Word of God because we love Him, and in turn, out of our Obedience to God, God blesses us when we get married because we did it God's way and He also blesses us now in all areas of our lives because we serve Him.

Tatyana, I also ask you to do your own investigation and look carefully at the scriptures I gave you, and you DECIDE whether you will serve your mind, self, or God!!

Kendra,

Hi kendra, Yes it takes a lot of will-power, but will-power is not good if your motives or intentions to saving yourself for marriage is not to please God first! As Christians, our intentions, actions and motives and reasoning for doing things is to please God, or do it the way He wants us to. Do you see what I am saying?  :) "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31). Willpower gets its strength from the flesh, will power is flesh and "it profits nothing", and will power which is "flesh doesn't please God" (Romans 8:8, John 6:63).... Remember as Christians we are to die to the flesh, kill the flesh, and Live by the Spirit, for the Spirit, and Walk in the Spirit. (Galatians 5:16-17, 22-25).

If you also read those scriptures I initially posted, It is clear that Paul the Apostle was urging by the Spirit those that call themselves "Christians" to do those things in the scriptures such as ".....present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service" (Romans 12:1). Paul also said sexual purity was "the will of God....." (1 Thessalonians 4:3-7), and also look at 2 Timothy 2:22, 1 Corinthians 6:13,18-20). Please read those scriptures for understanding. Honestly, even though there are benefits to the people who wait till marriage, if its not done to please Christ first, it doesn't mean much to God, Its self-righteousness from God's perspective. Stay blessed ;)

Markb4

Thanks for your question! The term Born-again Christian comes from Jesus in the bible in John chapter 3 verse 3. Jesus was responding to a religious leader/bible teacher named Nicodemus who was suppose to know or you would have thought knew what being born meant already. Jesus explained in John 3:3-10 to Nicodemus, that born again meant that to be born by the Spirit of God, meaning receiving a new spirit where the dead unregenerate sin-born spirit is removed from the inside of that person and that person becomes a New Creature in Christ Jesus, where your sins are forgiven, you have peace and eternal life with God, and you receive a New Mind and New Heart to Serve God. Hopefully, not to deep, Lol!!

You become born again by following this steps: (1)You believe and confess with your mouth to God that you are a sinner. (2)You confess and believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for you and paid for your sins. (3) You believe and confess that God rose Jesus from the dead. (4) You accept Jesus Christ the son of God into your Heart as your personal Lord and Savior by believing that in your heart, and confessing that with your mouth again. (5) You surrender your life to God to live the way Jesus wants you to live according to the bible.

Markb4, When you do this SINCERELY by FAITH in your HEART, not in your head, brain or mind or intellect, BUT IN YOUR HEART, you experience the Love, Joy, Peace, and Heart-spirit Change of the Born-Again experience :)

Also Read 2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 3:10,23, Romans 5:8,12-15,17-18, Romans 6:23, Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12, Romans 10:9-10). May God give you understanding as you read!

Markb4, It is NOT "Christians who believe the reincarnation" it doesn't refer to Christians who were not so religious before, but have regained the vigor and love of their religion and to practice it," because Christianity is not a Religion at all!! You can also read my response to Tatyana relative to Christianity not being a religion to get more understanding.

Altan,

You are Wrong! that's not the definition of a Born Again Christian, my muslim friend :). Read the above response to Markb4 where I explained from the bible the definition of being a born again Christian. For the record, I remember my first day in the chat room saying hello to you and you responded by saying you were my "infidel Muslim friend" I couldn't stop laughing after I got off the chat later on that night when I remembered that... It was hilarious. Well for the record, We Christians don't consider Muslims infidels, and we don't ask them by force to become Christians. We simply love Muslims and want them to see that Jesus Christ is the Only Way to God.(John 14:6, Acts 4:12) No Offense man! :P

Yes, some people do extend this term to virginity, meaning they stopped having sex and decided to wait; but I will say those people need to be washed, cleansed by the blood of Jesus and delivered from the spirit of lust and demonic spirits that entered them while they were having sex outside of marriage to be a True Born Again Virgin!!  :D I know you think I'm crazy but its the Truth, Lol.

Matthew,

Excellent!! ;) You're right brother, its is found in John chapter 3 as I explained in the above responses! I hope you are a Born Again Christian, and Growing in the Lord. God bless you  :)

To the non-Christians on the site who read all this, don't be offended at my post..... I am just responding to people's post to my initial post here in the born again Spirit-filled Christian section, that's all.  :DSmile

1 person likes this

What exactly does the term born-again Christian mean? Does it mean Christians who believe the reincarnation? Does it refer to Christians who were not so religious before, but have regained the vigor and love of their religion and to practice it? Does it mean something else?

I responded to your question.

@Godlyseed- I was raised in a Christian home by an ordained Independent Baptist preacher, but I started doubting 3 years ago, and I still do today. There are just many things I have trouble believing. On the other hand, it's tough to say from a Biblical perspective that if the Bible is true I am not saved, unless one can lose salvation, because when I was 5 years old I followed the Biblical plan of salvation. I feel that I sincerely believed.

About speaking with tongues, we could probably debate the subject (I always believed and was taught that tongues simply referred to other actual languages that the speaker never learned. The gift of speaking in tongues was a way to accelerate the spread of the Gospel, as the speaker could speak to a crowd of people that spoke several different languages and everyone would hear and understand) I'm sure we both could site references and make compelling arguments, but such a debate is probably pointless.

While I identify as an open-minded agnostic, I still feel compelled to jump into talks on these subjects sometimes :)

@Godlyseed- I was raised in a Christian home by an ordained Independent Baptist preacher, but I started doubting 3 years ago, and I still do today. There are just many things I have trouble believing. On the other hand, it's tough to say from a Biblical perspective that if the Bible is true I am not saved, unless one can lose salvation, because when I was 5 years old I followed the Biblical plan of salvation. I feel that I sincerely believed.

About speaking with tongues, we could probably debate the subject (I always believed and was taught that tongues simply referred to other actual languages that the speaker never learned. The gift of speaking in tongues was a way to accelerate the spread of the Gospel, as the speaker could speak to a crowd of people that spoke several different languages and everyone would hear and understand) I'm sure we both could site references and make compelling arguments, but such a debate is probably pointless.

While I identify as an open-minded agnostic, I still feel compelled to jump into talks on these subjects sometimes :)

I hear you Matthew :)!  It breaks my heart though that you started doubting and you aren't saved anymore :( . Well, What I can say right now is that God loves you, wants you back, and wants you to know He is real! I can understand if you had traumatic events in your life that made you doubt God. I submit to you God's alive and well, loves you and wants you to know him with confidence like never before.

The bible is True and Man did not write the bible according 2 Peter 1:21. If you study the bible, and read with your heart. God confirms His word to your heart and you experience its Power for Real. Its not s Denominational thing. Well, the concept of once saved-always saved is not biblical according to Romans 8:13, Romans 11:22 and Hebrews 3:6,12-14, Hebrews 10:26-29 just to name a few. I know some denominations teach the once saved-always saved doctrine, but it is not biblical. 

Yes, Tongues were actual languages spoken by those who got filled with the Spirit in Acts 2:4-11, you're right about that, but it is also an heavenly language given by God to the believer to edify himself when he gets filled with the Spirit according to 1 Corinthians 14:2,4.

By the way Matthew, I am glad you still jump into talks on this subjects sometimes. Keep having an open mind, and open your heart again to God. I also just prayed for you!

I see you said if ones intentions weren't to please god then the will power is bad. Being an atheist or one of very light beliefs, I don't see how having the will power to do something good is bad, wether or not your thinking of a god or gods when you do it.

Umm I was only trying to help your curiosity about non believers being able to WTM I never said God didnt get ME through it I just said the Bible. It wasnt about me...

I was using that as an example people think differently whether they believe it or not we are ALL under one God regardless of religion.  Im atleast glad you said christianity isnt a religion

*Sigh* I dont need to be rebuked I have my own personal relationship with and follow Jesus...its best for me not to discuss this topic though since I loathe discussing/arguing personal beliefs. ciao :)

Umm I was only trying to help your curiosity about non believers being able to WTM I never said God didnt get ME through it I just said the Bible. It wasnt about me...

I was using that as an example people think differently whether they believe it or not we are ALL under one God regardless of religion.  Im atleast glad you said christianity isnt a religion

*Sigh* I dont need to be rebuked I have my own personal relationship with and follow Jesus...its best for me not to discuss this topic though since I loathe discussing/arguing personal beliefs. ciao :)

Tatyana, Read your initial post again because it came across that or you implied that Christians just go by what the bible says, and don't think for themselves which means Christians are stupid; and so I replied to everything you said in detail. Read your initial post again,and look at my reply, and maybe You can understand why I replied you the way I replied you.I don't hold nothing against you.  :)

I see you said if ones intentions weren't to please god then the will power is bad. Being an atheist or one of very light beliefs, I don't see how having the will power to do something good is bad, wether or not your thinking of a god or gods when you do it.

@Mstr Josh, I understand you, but I was explaining from the BIble's/Christianity perspective/God's perspective. In the eyes of God, willpower is not pleasing to God. We Christians are commanded to rely on the Power of the Holy Spirit, and our motives to doing things are too please God first according to the bible. Also in general, something can appear to be good in the eyes of a person, but if the person's motives or intentions isn't pure or right, then it makes the good thing bad or corrupt. e.g, people can do things outwardly to please themselves, get a crowd, get some attention, recognition or boost their ego, buts its all for themselves and not to better someone's else life from the heart, or for the glory of God as We Christians are commanded to do, in all that we do. That's where I am coming from,as I explained carefully.

Praise the Lord! Thanks to all 6 of you that have responded so far! I want to respond to all of you! I wont always respond to what people say, but I want to respond to this first sets of post and also answer the questions asked.

First of all, let me start by saying that I am not only a Born again Spirit-filled Christian, I am also a Licensed Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

AussieStig,

Thanks for the Welcome brother :)! I am so glad about you and your wife being successful waiters. Praise God for that!! I rejoice with you guys for that, and thanks for acknowledging that without God's help and Spirit you wouldn't have been able to Wait, that is just the TRUTH!! My desire is to find a wife that has waited for me also, as I have waited for her ;)

I am a believer that believes the bible is the Inerrant, Immutable, Infallible Word of God (2 Peter 1:21, Hebrews 1:1-4).

The signs of receiving the Holy Spirit are according to the scriptures are Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Acts 19:1-6, Acts 8:5-19, Acts 10:38, John 7:37-39, John 14:26, Luke 11:13, 1 Corinthians 14:2,4, Isaiah 28:11. In short, The Holy Spirit gives us Power over sin, Power against the devil and Power to live the Christian life and a heavenly language called tongues; and brother,Tongues are still for today! I pray in tongues everyday apart from praying in English the Word of God also by the Spirit, and tongues are REAL by the Spirit of God. You and your wife stay blessed :D

Great to hear that you believe that tongues are still for today. My wife and I also pray in tongues (praying together is one of our most intimate activities). Our personal beliefs are that the Holy Spirit and being born again (including water baptism by full immersion) are vital to salvation, and that those who receive the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues, just the same way Jesus' disciples did on the day of Pentecost.

In John 3 Jesus states to Nicodemus "Unless you are born of water and of the spirit, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God". That's where the term born-again Christians come from.

Keeping it fairly short here for conciseness, but if anyone else is curious about this please feel free to PM me!

Love this man, i love jesus soo much, i am a born again christian :). God is amazing and just ya :D i hope to become a missionary at some point in my life