loyalhero90

Suspicious of women?

36 posts in this topic

I have similar views. I feel like a lot of women nowadays want to be superior to men, not equal. They want all the benefits of equal rights (having equal access to education & jobs, getting equal pay, ect...), but none of the downfalls. They still want men to pay for everything as though women still aren't working. At the end of the day, that just does not make sense to me. Even though it apparently "boggles" some people's minds, count me in as a guy who prefers splitting the bill. When we're married I want us to be equal partners in earning money and paying bills, so I would want to set that precedent right away with the very first date.

But, at least on this site, many women that would like the man to pay for the first date would be happy to split the bill on the second date; and I know many women who do not want to be superior to men they just don't want to get paid less for having a different anatomy. And they would be happy to split the bills and such in marriage or dating. The splitting the bill for most women (from what I can tell nowadays) is just seen as a romantic gesture like buying flowers or gifts not always a statement that the man is in charge of the money or whatever. I guess what I am saying is remember the girls here who do not want to cheat you out of your money instead of the spoiled princess who give us a bad name. I equally have to tell myself to remember the guys on this website instead of the chauvinistic scumbags :lol: .

Just as a question though, outside of divorce and child support/custody what downfalls do men experience more than women? Like a single woman vs. a single man (I say this because when first dating you and the other girl probably won't be having child or divorce battles lol).

No. There's a difference between the man being expected to pay, and the man paying without being expected to do so. If you earn as much or more than your partner and he pays anyway, good for you; what I'm saying is that you have no right to expect that. There's a difference between paying because your partner (or society) wants you to, and paying out of generosity.

I, for the record, intend to pay anyway (for the first date), but only with the latter point of view.

Ah, then I agree that the paying for the date is not an expectant. It is sort of like DD's situation where the girl didn't even say thank you. I guess there are some women who see the paying as a given instead of a gift.

My old society views make me wish a woman naturally expected a man to pay for her meal. But my pragmatic contemporary views recognize that a polite woman should offer, so I can scowl and say "Please!" before paying for the dinner.

1 person likes this

Hmmm...well, I love a guy who opens doors and does all that manly/traditional guy stuff. I was going into an office building today and had a folder in my right hand, so I opened the door with my left and it was pretty heavy to me, this good looking guy got there just after I did and grabbed the door right away, I said thank you and smiled, then he hurried to grab the next door, so I smiled and said thank you again. Made me feel all nice inside  and I smiled thinking about it as I waited for my appointment :).

6 people like this

Hmmm...well, I love a guy who opens doors and does all that manly/traditional guy stuff. I was going into an office building today and had a folder in my right hand, so I opened the door with my left and it was pretty heavy to me, this good looking guy got there just after I did and grabbed the door right away, I said thank you and smiled, then he hurried to grab the next door, so I smiled and said thank you again. Made me feel all nice inside  and I smiled thinking about it as I waited for my appointment :).

It was me !!! Ha ha jus joking. But that's what I do makes me feel good too.

Once however I held a door only to be told by a "lady" that she was ok opening a door herself. Oh hoorah for British feminists !!!

Col

It was me !!! Ha ha jus joking. But that's what I do makes me feel good too. Once however I held a door only to be told by a "lady" that she was ok opening a door herself. Oh hoorah for British feminists !!! Col

Haha :)! So interesting that it makes us feel good, such a simple thing!

Women like that I don't get, I mean if another woman opened the door would she say something equally ridiculous or just say thanks?

Here's an idea...wait til the waiter asks "is this on one check?" The guy (if he has a brain) will speak up and go "Yeah just one." At this point, once the waiter(ess) walks away look at him and say something like "are you sure?" or something like that but don't be pushy. Say it in a nice way...kind of a "oh you're so sweet are you sure?" type way so its not as likely to be insulting but you seem as if maybe you didn't completely expect him to pay, even if you did haha.

I know its all pretty dumb but it's the world we live in. Etiquette's a fussy thing.

I think that's what I did haha glad I did good :P

1 person likes this

I think that's what I did haha glad I did good :P

Haha yes you did ;) You done good babe haha

1 person likes this

To all the girls on here: It was worth it paying attention to those kinds of things that guys appreciate because doing that on the first day among other things along the way scored me a hottie waiter who treats me really well :D

4 people like this

To all the girls on here: It was worth it paying attention to those kinds of things that guys appreciate because doing that on the first day among other things along the way scored me a hottie waiter who treats me really well :D

Sweet! The little things mean a lot these days :)