mustachetron

Why do girls act so shy?

37 posts in this topic

:o I could have written this my self, twin! lol

Bahaha stop being such a twin Nicole :P

1 person likes this

Simply put. Nerves. Being afraid of being shot down. I get nervous when meeting new people, and that translates to 'shy'. I get quiet, even shaky. However, it usually will wear off a little as I acclimate to the new situation, or people. However, if I'm interested in a guy? It could last a while longer. The butterflies that take residence in my belly are overwhelming. I actually feel like I lose a few IQ points. :) I try to work on it, and I've gotten a bit better, but those nerves will get me pretty much every time.

I have this saying that I remember 'Courage is not the absense of fear. It is the decision that something else is more important', and my life verse... Phil. 4:13 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'. It doesn't really make me less nervous, but I remembering these has helped me to take a few more risks in life... and, even though it didn't go anywhere, I have actually talked to one or two guys first. However, it's much nicer if I KNOW they want to talk to me. :)

2 people like this

First, fyi, there is no such thing as "girls." :) Girls/women are human. There's huge variety. Some girls are shy. Some are not. You're probably noticing the shy ones because it's what you're focusing on.

Nothing wrong with shy girls. There can be many reasons:

She's scared of getting hurt.

She's honestly shy.

She's afraid that if she takes too much initiative, she will be labeled negatively by certain waves in society that tend to push women to be very submissive/quiet.

She doesn't know what to say. So she's just quiet.

She's waiting to see what you will do/say, so that she can get to know you.

Maybe she's just the quiet type.

Women are taught in most societies to let men take the lead. They don't give themselves permission to take initiative.

Many reasons, many different kinds of girls and women...

Most females will respond very positively to a male who approaches them with kindness and gentleness. All in all, we are all just trying to get to know each-other. So, put yourself out there, and have patience as you let her get to know you. :)

3 people like this

I've come to the conclusion that every person is their own unique brand of socially awkward, I embrace it! It makes it easier for me to talk to other people when I remind myself they have their own insecurities. I think there are very few people that are 100% confident in themselves, it's hard work to get there. There wouldn't be so many awkward interactions when it came to asking somebody out/dating if most people were "normal", whatever that means. Whether it is friendship or a romantic relationship, I don't care who you are, there is always that growing pains stage where you don't feel like you can say anything you want, you worry too much what the other person thinks about you so you act shy and then at some point you get comfortable with each other. Most of the time I've not even been aware when relationships hit that phase, it just happens. I think we are just more acutely aware of it when it comes to talking to somebody we are interested in romantically because the stakes feel higher than with friendship.

4 people like this

1) We are shy

2) if i am interested in the guy which makes me nervous

3)i am not familiar with the person but once we skip that stage i just cant shut my mouth ...

I used to be VERY shy. Like, I wouldn't even talk to my own grandma, or half of my other family, when I was really young. Of course, that extreme only lasted for the first few years of my childhood, but even still shyness was a part of my personality for the majority of my life.

I had to make myself not be shy. I, like a few others have mentioned, realized that I was missing out by being so shy, on many things. I wasn't able to stand up for myself when I should have, I didn't have the confidence or the voice to make myself heard to my boss, supervisors, coworkers, teammates, and other students, nor did I have the ability to achieve some of my bigger goals, which would only be possible by coming out of my shell.

It's a process that has taken me years to overcome, but I'm doing it. Even now, it's still a conscious effort, and there are some times when I still get that shyness creeping back in, but I have to push it away.

To answer your question since I went off on a tangent, many girls are shy because it's just in our personality. I can talk to most anybody now, even strangers, with confidence. But I have my moments of feeling shy around a guy I might like. It's more random than anything for me :)

i used to be shy but now im just like 'screw it' XD. the reason i was shy was because I found that my confidence gave guys the wrong impression sometimes. dont know why... but honestly, anything can give the wrong impression to a guy if they are the wrong type of guy lol

Sometimes people mistake nervousness or uncomfortableness for shyness. It takes me a while to get comfortable around new people and even then if I dislike the person (like a guy at work super irritates me) then I will be even more uncomfortable around them constantly having to bite my tongue etc when they say something annoying after all I still gotta work with em or whatever.

So anyway that can come of as shyness even though in reality I might just want to punch you in the face.

If you're confident people (not even just guys sometimes -_-) think your flirting and like them but then if you're introverted, nervous, uncomfortable or just shy that can also be taken the wrong way like "oh she must like me" I don't know about anyone else but I feel like I'm constantly second guessing worried about what people think or how they might take things when really I just want to make friends.... 😠ah the cheese but yh seriously.