Guest Ace

Sometimes I get so tired of waiting...

12 posts in this topic

That I just want to scream!!! But instead, I come here to tell y'all how tired I get of waiting.  Hahah.  However, I refuse to date just to date.  I'm pretty secure in myself, but I'd love to share me with someone else.  Emotionally/mentally (although with boundaries in place) first. Then when he decides he wants to marry me (because I do believe some guy will decide that one day--and actually act like it--oh, the stories I could tell about all of the guys who have been "in love" with me, but that's another thread), and we make it official, I will share myself physically (emotionally/mentally no holds barred), too.

One day, right?

25 years and counting.

*Insert long sigh here*

Hope that y'all are doing alright! I haven't been around much, but I just decided to pop in and browse around a little bit today!  I'll see y'all around!

2 people like this

Patience is a pretty big key... that's why it takes work to get the strength to carry it all the time.

For me it's not so much the waiting as it is not knowing if I will ever be able to find a wife. If I knew that at age X I would find a wife I think it would be easier than just not knowing if it will ever happen for me. I can't see myself settling for a woman without the traits I have thoughtfully decided that I need in a spouse, but this also causes me to think that maybe I won't be able to find her. Since I'm only 20 I'm not really all that worried at the moment, but I can't say I know 100% that it will happen for me one day.

1 person likes this

Good to see you, RJ!

You are not the only one tired of waiting! Oh, the struggles to which my poor journals bear witness. Oh, the cries to God. And I have not written many letters to my future husband, but the ones that exist all bear a common theme: "Where are you? Do you even exist? I miss you! Hurry!"

As wny was saying, for me, one of the worst things is not knowing if my spouse even exists. If I knew for sure that he is out there, and that we will find each other someday, then I think I would be much more at peace. But as it is, this wondering, this fear that I might just be getting my hopes up for nothing... that is horrible.

Still, I would rather walk this road than the one of promiscuity, even if this road leads nowhere. I know that I will be a better, stronger person at the end of the journey, even if I end up alone. But I really, really, REALLY hope that this path will lead to a husband, maybe even a husband who has been waiting for me too. And if there is even a chance that he exists and is saving himself for me, then I sure as heck had better wait for him too.

*Hugs*

4 people like this

RJ, I like your Post!!I can understand how we can all get tired of waiting, that is keeping it Real! But we can Wait and share our mind, spirit, soul and body with that one special person on our wedding night as you said. That's the way to do it! Love is Patient!!

You dont want to have yourself broken and split apart in 20,30 or more different places; that is what sex outside of marriage does to a person, their spirit is broken and thrown away everytime they have sex in many different places, and they have nothing to offer when they married; unless they submit to Jesus Christ, get deliverance, and allow God through Christ Jesus to cleanse them, purify them and make them whole again; but its best not to even go through that route.

God wants us to avoid all that Pain!! Keep Waiting RJ! He's out there ;) He'll find you!!

I am a 30 year male virgin and counting, lol. Hope to find her very very soon, LOL.

Stay Blessed,

Godlyseed

Awwww, thank y'all for all of the replies!  It helps knowing that I'm not alone in this.  It just gets so frustrating sometimes.  I will come back and reply more in depth when I've got some time!  But I do want to say that I definitely would find this whole waiting thing a lot easier if I even knew if the guy existed!  That would help!  At least then there'd be a finish line, and the waiting would take me closer to it. I'd know that I was actually waiting for someone and not just waiting in vain.  Haha seriously... I'm like "God, can You just at least show me if he's out there, so I'll know what I'm waiting for and that this isn't all in vain?  Is that too much to ask?  Please?  I've been trying really hard to just trust You, and I do... But I'd like a sneak peek."

Y'all know what I'm saying... Right? Hahahah.  Hmmm... We've just gotta keep pressing on, I guess.

yep im in the same boat with wny and wandering washingtonian of not knowing if im going to be able to find that special someone. in the same aspect maybe im just trying to rush it and i should let God direct me to the one instead of trying to find her on my own. but it would make it a whole lot easier if i had someone to wait with, i mean i really dont care how long itll take before i get married, just want someone to enjoy the waiting period with me.

1 person likes this

RJ and WanderingWashingtonian,

LOL.... Its Ok to vent  :P.... He's out there.... Be Patient dears.... I understand, lol.... He will find you.... you "keep growing deeper in your walk with Christ" as you said in your "about me" section RJ, and growing in other areas of your life, and being an asset to society, and he will come right along soon. Both of you are Women of Virtue! You keep preparing yourself for him, as God is preparing him for you, and you'll meet soon, and it will be exciting!! LOL

The guy exists! If you wont get anxious, doubt or lose your Faith!! You also know God is good, so you aren't waiting in vain!! "Be anxious for nothing...." (Philippians 4:6). "The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD" (Lamentations 3:25-26). New King James Version. 

I know it gets tough sometimes :D.... God doesn't show us the one for us sometimes because it isn't time yet, He is still preparing us or other reasons. We have to keep Trusting Him-God, and growing in Christ, developing godly character, having a Christlike nature, and advancing our lives in other areas: vocationally, educationally, financially, having healthy relations with others and been a well rounded person in Christ while we are waiting.

RJ, I also see you said "Y'all", so you are a southern person, I am in the south too. Lol, I see y'all making it to y'all wedding night with your virginity if you don't give up!!  Meditate on the scriptures I just gave you and the ones I Posted in "For the Born Again Spirit-filled Christians on the site" in the Religious topics section, they will help you both a lot.

Don't lose your confidence! "... do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise (Hebrews 10:35-36)

Don't get impatient girls, lol... "Be anxious for nothing...." (Philippians 4:6).

I believe in you  :D

Godlyseed

For me it's not so much the waiting as it is not knowing if I will ever be able to find a wife. If I knew that at age X I would find a wife I think it would be easier than just not knowing if it will ever happen for me. I can't see myself settling for a woman without the traits I have thoughtfully decided that I need in a spouse, but this also causes me to think that maybe I won't be able to find her. Since I'm only 20 I'm not really all that worried at the moment, but I can't say I know 100% that it will happen for me one day.

Wny, You are only 20. You will find her, if you follow Christ. Christ will lead you to her. In the mean time, develop yourself in other areas. Yes brother, don't settle for a woman without the traits you have thoughtfully decided that you need in a spouse. I am proud of you ;)