Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emulator

Singles in America 2012 survey

12 posts in this topic

So a survey of American singles found that 24% of men and 23% of women who are single and aged 21-34 are virgins.  :)  On the other hand, 33% of men and 51% of women surveyed said they wouldn't date a virgin.  :(

1 person likes this

That's a wide age range. I would think there are many, many more 23 year old virgins than 34 year old virgins.

There are more male virgins than female virgins?!

I'm surprised and actually a bit disturbed.

1 person likes this

Also, 13% (I haven't seen a breakdown by gender) said they'll wait till marriage before having sex with a new partner.

2 people like this

There are more male virgins than female virgins?!

I'm surprised and actually a bit disturbed.

Well, it's within the margin of error. In general though, that's not surprising. Since women prefer older men, there tend to be more male virgins, especially at a young age.

1 person likes this

They can say what they wouldn't do all they want, but when the situation in which it happens arises they would most likely not care if the other is virgin or not.

51% of women won't date a virgin? I guess that comes with the paranoia that if a man (a man, not a teenage boy) is a virgin, then there either must be something wrong with him or he's a gay in denial. Something like that.

2 people like this

Some other findings:

Men judge women most on:

Teeth (58%)

Grammar (55%)

Hair (51%)

Women judge men most on:

Teeth (71%)

Grammar (69%)

Hair (53%)

http://bostinno.com/2013/02/06/match-singles-in-america-survey-results/#ss__293557_221346_0__ss

Hmmm...not buying it, yes clean looking teeth are important, but number one on both lists <_<. I find it highly odd, they must have been given a list of things to put in order, why wasn't physical appearance on the list? Guess we should all whiten our teeth though :D!

51% of women won't date a virgin? I guess that comes with the paranoia that if a man (a man, not a teenage boy) is a virgin, then there either must be something wrong with him or he's a gay in denial. Something like that.

That's a shame. Many loves will be lost :(

Emulator,

Can you post the link to your initial post with the statistics because I almost don't believe it!

2 people like this

Sorry for the late post guys. Here's a link to the website from which I got the gender breakdown for won't date a virgin: http://www.hookingupsmart.com/2013/02/07/hookinguprealities/matchs-2012-singles-in-america-survey/

Other websites quote an aggregate 42% figure (not broken down by gender) for the percent that wouldn't date a virgin.

Unfortunately, I don't think the full survey results were publicly released, so I had to piece together the statistics from various media sources.