Matthew

Stand-Up

11 posts in this topic

Partly inspired by the "MUSIC!" thread, I thought it'd be just swell to start a thread for those of us that love stand-up comedy. In another life, one where I have stage presence and good material, I am probably a comedian, disillusioned and dissatisfied with life, trying to make people laugh to raise his own spirits and self-esteem. So, if you have a favorite comedian, comedy special or bit, post it here!

I know stand-up can get pretty PG-13+, so if this needs to be moved to Viewer's Discretion that's fine with me.

I'll start with a pretty family-friendly comedian, Jim Gaffigan. All of his stuff is great, so it was hard to choose one clip. This is from his newest special, Mr. Universe.

1 person likes this

The actor Thomas F. Wilson, who most famously played the bully Biff Tannen in the "Back to the Future" trilogy, reguarly goes on tour doing stand-up/comedy/singing, etc. And he devised a song entitled, "Biff's Question Song" or "The Question Song". Basically he got a bit annoyed and amused that when people ask him questions about himself or the trilogy, it would be the same questions over and over! So he compiled the questions together to form the song. And here it is:

1 person likes this

Hands Down Lavell crawford always has me on the floor rolling he is so underated...Ive heard its cause he can be difficult to understand with how fast he talks and his southern slang but he is my fav.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, seabutterfly said:

John Mulaney he's hilarious

Oh yes. Haven't seen to much about his but what I have is good. Case in point: 

1 person likes this