Guest markb4

PDAs

17 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just wanted to know ur opinion of PDAs. Not a personal digital assisstant, but rather public displays of affection.

I don't mind hand holding or a few pecks here and there but when they can't be independent and are having make out sessions in public that's just too much.

1 person likes this

I don't mind hand holding or a few pecks here and there but when they can't be independent and are having make out sessions in public that's just too much.

Yeah, same! Hugs are fine too.

xxx

Ditto. I also don't mind putting arms around each other. But to me holding hands is the best with a few kisses.

-Aaron

I think were all on abt the same page here-I'm good with hugs, holding hands and arms around each other, bit I'm not super comfortable with kisses in public, maybe just after awhile is be fine.

I told a guy this summer I was going on dates with no, becuase I felt really unconfortable...we were in the middle of uptown....and weren't gf/bf just dating. He got mad, so that was line of a red flag....I know its not a big deal but he shouldn't get pissed, I wasn't comfortable !!

I love PDA's and am all for it! lol especially when you get so lost in the moment everyone around you seems to disappear & you open your eyes and you're all dizzy! I think it's cute♥ ha I like I like xoxox

I too am really uncomfortable with PDA unless I'm actually their boyfriend and kisses for me, as PDA, should only be after you have been dating a while (but I've only ever kissed 2 people and i don't kiss someone until they are my girlfriend so I know my stance on kissing is probably a bit different).

-Aaron

I am totally against PDAs. Little things like hugs and holding hands are fine but serious kissing no. Maybe a peck here and there but I just don't think it's fair to make other people uncomfortable around you and who knows what any of them have been through. They might have just broken up with someone or are sad about not being in a relationship and it's just depressing and uncomfortable for them so I'd rather not put anyone through that. Also kissing is a pretty intimate thing to me so I hate doing it in front of other people.

I think it's nicer to do cute subtle things like squeeze their hand or give them a cute smile :)

3 people like this

THIS

Hugs are among the acceptable things too. Making out, groping = unacceptable

On CNN yesterday, they showed a video clip taken from the "Kiss Cam" at the US men's Olympic basketball exhibition of the Obamas lip-locked in a somewhat prolonged kiss. What do you think about public displays of affection? How far is too far? Are there places where it is appropriate and places where it is not appropriate? Does it make a difference if they're married or not married?

I think anything beyond a kiss and holding hands is too far, like grabbing a certain part. Thats just inappropriate, and a little disrespectful, especially in public. By kissing I mean a simple smooch upon first embracing each other, here and there for an I love you, not a make out session and groping.

That goes for both serious dating and married folks. Your private life should be just that, private, not exposed on the streets for everyone to see. Its not our business either, its just theirs.

It really comes down to it being because of lust or endearment. Obviously, PDA should only happen just because you love her/him. If your bf/gf didnt want to be seen with you in public like that, I would be concerned.

There are some inappropraite places, but mostly inappropriate timing. If you just walking around a park, a little encounter here and there is okay. But if you are at college and overdosing on PDA its disrespect.

Obama was a little hesitant at first, but I think he also wanted to show America, he still loves his wife. It must be real stressful to be the President, and the President's wife, sometimes its nice to remind her that. That is a great thing!

1 person likes this

This topic has been asked earlier. I'll try to find the earlier post and merge it w/this one.

I feel like almost everyone else. Hand holding, a small peck, or a hug...those things are fine, but when you go beyond that, it's a no no. I do think there is also a time and place for it. I don't think I would want to be all lovey dovey in church...I also don't believe that it would matter if we were married or not. As long as we are in a serious relationship, that's fine.

Hand-holding, hugs and pecks - okay. Anything beyond that, not okay - as clearly demonstrated for a worldwide audience by president and first lady at the Olympic basketball exhibition game this week.

I love it when I see people older than 30ish having PDAs...seeing that a couple are still very much in love is special.

I even see couples in their 70s/80s holding hands at church sometimes - it's so inspiring!

1 person likes this

I like PDAs....obviously nothing too "eating the face off each other"-esque but holding hands and a quiet kiss are nice.

2 people like this