Englishguy1988

What is it with girls...

19 posts in this topic

and leather jackets?

I was wearing mine today and girls just seem obsessed with a guy in a leather jacket, I always seem to get more women smiling at me, flirting when I talk to them or coming and talking to me when I'm wearing it than if I'm wearing a different coat.

So girls what is it with girls and my jacket :/

2 people like this

Haha I like you short and sweet answer KaiLi.

It also gives em a sense of style.

Which also leads to Mr this: CLASS not SWAG

2 people like this

@Kali short and to the point lol

@RYB I don't know if its style really, I've worn it with both a proper shirt and jeans, shoes, decent belt etc (what I normally wear) and when I've really dressed down in a pair of combat trousers, boots, and grey t-shirt and there didn't seem to be any difference for two compleatly different styles.

I think it's a power image or something. And some girls find that attractive. So they might be drawn to you assuming you are in a more alpha role? Maybe they just really like leather jackets? Have they ever complimented you on your jacket and felt the sleeve?

Oh, I just thought of another one.... could it be that YOU feel more confident when you are wearing it and so give off a more friendly, open attitude that attracts girls? Might not be the coat at all! But how wearing the coat makes you feel yourself.

Either way, keep wearing it since it works for you. :)

1 person likes this

I think in a way all girls like a guy who can take charge after all they don't want their man to treat them like his mummy/mommy do they... Always asking her permission for everything (can I go out with my friends, can I get... Can I go... Etc), never making any decision (what do you want to do? I don't know what do you want to do? Etc), always putting up with crap from her (her picking fights over stupid things, being out of order etc) because they don't want to upset her because their scared of rocking the boat so insead they are unhappy. To me isn't power its just being a man and knowing what you want and standing up for yourself, and her when/if she needs you to stand up for her too, but at the same time being able to stand up to her (which to me it seems like most guys can't, they just kiss up to her)

Yeah I've been complimented on my jacket, I just assumed its because she wanted to come and talk to me (she gave me her number when I got up to leave (I didn't ask for it) so I assume I was right :D )

I'm pretty much always confident, but I still like wearing it lol

I agree, most girls do like a man who takes charge. But I think at times guys can take it too far. It is nice to have a guy ask sometimes. Girls like a guy to be considerate not needy.

1 person likes this

I agree some guys can take it too far, for example let's say she can't decide where she would like to eat... then pick a place but don't be a d**k about it... If you know she hates fish then don't pick sushi the whole point of making a decision when she can't/won't/wants you to decide is to pick somewhere you can have fun and enjoy spending time together not somewhere she's going to go hungry, if that's what you do then your not doing your job, of taking care of her, properly.

Oh, I just thought of another one.... could it be that YOU feel more confident when you are wearing it and so give off a more friendly, open attitude that attracts girls? Might not be the coat at all! But how wearing the coat makes you feel yourself.

Either way, keep wearing it since it works for you. :)

Agreed. Or maybe you just look really good in a leather jacket! 

They look sleek, put-together, overall attractive. But OBVIOUSLY these chicks have a shallow-tide-complex....

2 people like this

Leather jackets help to exude confidence. Girls really like confident guys. Not arrogant ones, but confident.

1 person likes this

tell me englishguy where do you live i think i might move there leathers not that hot around here lol. i wear mine all the time i drive my firebird with the tops off and dark sunglasses and i feel cool and smile but no looks from girls. so please tell me this wonderful place you live, i soooo wanna go there lol.

1 person likes this

I wore almost no coat/jacket but a leather one for 3 years straight and it didn't seem to help me any. The only compliments I got were from my roommate and a male cashier at Five Guys

4 people like this

Hmm, maybe reverse this and ask yourself, "Why do a lot of guys think women wearing leather is attractive and even sometimes sexy?"

Not saying that...people who WTM necessarily are like this. But more of the general population.

Over the weekend a female acquaintance commented on me and my leather jacket.

"Whoa, you look scary."