Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
summer

Hi everyone! Christians, Europeans?

18 posts in this topic

Wow I'm so glad I found this site!!

I'd really be interested in talking to some Christian people who could pray for me/serve as accountability in the waiting process! I'm studying at the moment and there are unfortunately very few people I know in my area who are also waiters. None of my friends are.

Also are there any Europeans on this site? I'm half American, half Swiss and I've been living in Europe for the past 10 years. Is it just me or is it even more difficult to wait here than in the US? Abstinence is litteraly unheard of here! (Or that's my impression at least, maybe this site will prove me wrong :)).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow waiters!

1 person likes this

Hi Summer! I'm the Girl's Only Moderator. I'll add you to the GO section :) I'm also Christian and would be more than happy to pray for you and your struggles while WTM.

I've been to Europe; granted it was only 2 weeks but it seemed less religous and more liberal values-wise than the U.S. I'm realllyy generalizing by saying that but I went to Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and France so that's a good variety. :P

1 person likes this

Hello and welcome :)! Yep, we are here to support each other and we do have some European members too :).

Hi Summer! Welcome! We are glad to have you here. :D

I have never been to Europe, but I hope to visit someday. From what I hear, yes, in general European values are more liberal than North American ones when it comes to sex, though not for long; the United States is relaxing its standards more every day, it seems.

I wish you the best as you stand on your little island of abstinence, surrounded by crashing waves of "anything goes." I believe that, no matter how difficult it is, or how foreign your choice seems to your peers, you have the power to successfully wait for marriage. You can do this! And you are in good company. We are all fighting the same battle you are fighting. You are not alone.

Welcome to the site! There are many Europeans here, mostly from the British Isles. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! And yes, you're right it's hard everywhere probably. Europe is a nice place to live but it seems like values are going down the drain. Sadly it seems to be the case in most places. But it doesn't mean we're headed in the same direction:)

Wow Joolz, that is sad. I could imagine something like that being shown on Swiss TV.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome, welcome, Summer!  A lot of people find this site by searching for online support of the decision to wait for marriage.  (That's how I found it).  You'll be surprised how nice everyone is.  There are folks on here of all ages and backgrounds.  And as others have already said, there are many Europeans on here, too!  And we will definitely pray for you!  :) 

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome! And yes, you're right it's hard everywhere probably. Europe is a nice place to live but it seems like values are going down the drain.

Yeah, I learned that recently. I'm North American (a Canadian.) Here in North America (specifically talking about America and Canada,) things are actually more conservative than one might think. We don't have brothels (or anything like that,) very few nude beaches (those beaches are closed off from society,) and prostitution is illegal in the US. Compared to a lot of countries in Europe, North America is a lot more traditional. Especially when it comes to marriage. I'm not talking about gay marriage (it is legal everywhere in Canada and some places in the US,) but North America still holds the values of getting married if you have been dating for a while. Europe has more and more "life partners" than it used to. Meaning more couples are choosing to live together, but not marry. But it's still pretty hard to be a waiter here!

Hey well am glad to meet someone from europe like me. I do agree with you on the fact that waiting in europe seems harder than it is anywhere else. By the way am from france and if you're in switzerland, then that makes us sort of neighbors.

1 person likes this

Hi Summer,

A fellow European over here! I currently live in Amsterdam! Europe is indeed losing its original values, lots of people just cohabitate now instead of marriage, but in defense of my continent, I know very few 14 year old girls over here having sex. I remember an episode of the Tyra show where girls at that age were saying how they wanted a baby O_O But waiting till marriage seems to be getting more popular over in the U.S! Or so I heard?

I don't know many people who are as liberal with sex, though thats probably because the people I hang with tend to be like me. There is probably an uber-liberal-sex-lets-do-it-with-anyone- underground scene over here in clubs or whatnot, but I just don't see it. Cause I don't go there. I guess ignorance is bliss:)

1 person likes this

Welcome Summer! I'm European! Don't get to excited though I've lived in America most of my life but I was born in Yugoslavia but prefer to view myself as Croatian. Where I'm from in Europe my dad says that there is less crime so I assumed the sex culture or attitudes towards sex were conservative but I could be wrong.

It's not easy waiting but it's truly wonderful that you've decided to do so. I can only pray that one day I find a Woman who's decided to wait for me as I have for Her. God bless!

Hi Summer !

I just found this site, because a well known magazine in France just talked about it. I totally agree with you, I have never been to the US, but from what I've heard, it seems that virginity is better perceived than in France...for that I would have prefered to be born in America !...Here in Paris, people like me are regarded as a kind of monsters or uninteresting people...Not very easy to struggle against an entire society !...

Hi Summer !

I just found this site, because a well known magazine in France just talked about it.

Wow, our site is mentioned in France!

Welcome. Haha our names are complementary. You're Summer I'm Sunny ^_^.

Certain areas of the US are better than others when it comes to waiting, lets just say that.

This is definitely the place to be if need support and are interested in meeting fellow waiters!