Sunny

What is the one chore you hope your spouse will take over?

73 posts in this topic

I wouldn't expect my husband to completely take over any specific task but would love if he was willing to help out with everything so we all share everything and have a lovely balanced relationship. Of course if he enjoys something more he's welcome to take that task.

On a separate note, nowadays I see so many dads out with their kids without their mother being present, especially dads with babies on their backs in baby carriers (often while also holding hands with other young children). It's a lovely sight and a sign of how much things have changed in terms of set gender roles in relationships.

I think it's an attractive trait for a man to be good with kids, it makes me think they'll be a great father and every child needs a good father, a father's role is important. It's also attractive for a man to be very caring, wanting to look after the children, change their nappies etc because that makes me think they'll be able to give me the support I need during 9 months of pregnancy. I'm not planning to be housebound or bedridden I'm a very active person and would aim to stay that way during pregnancy but say I'm pregnant and feeling absolutely rotten and I'm not able to do much but have a 2 year old still in nappies, I know for that one occasion my husband's got it covered. Or if my child was ill while I was ill I know my husband would be looking after them and wouldn't have to worry too much. Also pregnancy and labour is long and difficult, I'd need to know that my husband had the (emotional) strength to support me. Don't think I've articulated what I mean exactly right but hope you get my general drift.

1 person likes this

I would love it if my husband would do the cooking! That is something that I never have learned to enjoy.

You guys, if the husbands go around doing chores shirtless, and the wives do them in lingerie, I sincerely doubt that the chores will actually get done! :D

My friend's dad does all the cooking in their house and has done in the 30 or so years he's been married to her mum. I think he enjoys it and she really doesn't so works out perfectly for them.

I can't believe that no one has brought up the task that I will gladly and gratefully turn over to my future husband...killing spiders and bugs.  I will happily take care of the fitted sheet (and fold it properly as well), cook, laundry, etc if he would just kill those multi-leg creatures that invade the home.  

1 person likes this

I hope he does the yard work during the summer, because the heat here is too intense for me. I can be the one to do it any other season, though. I love being around plants and stuff.

Also, running quick errands would be something I would hate to do since driving makes me nervous.

I mean considering chores don't really bother me all that much, I am not that concerned about a specific task. All I'm concerned about is a mutual shared responsibility in the upkeep. Although I do have big hands and sometimes find that putting the silverware away is a rather tedious task... I guess I'll just leave that one for her.

1 person likes this

1. Catching spiders

2. Opening jars

3. Lifting heavy things

That is all.

xxx

1 person likes this

All of them ;) Seriously though, mopping floors. I am super tall and it hurts my back

1 person likes this

I think sharing chores or doing them together would be best.

Just jumping in and doing what needs to be done without having to discuss whose chore it is.

My friend spends most weekends around my house, he does whatever he sees needs to be done.

Vacuum, mop, toilets, tub, dishes, take out the garbage, iron....it's whatever! Now please don't misunderstand

I keep a clean house, I also work 6 days a week and sometimes I need to clean while he's at my house.

He will even go to the carwash with me and help clean my car and go to the grocery store and patiently wait while I shop.

That's not to difficult, because he loves to shop. 

On the flip side, I help him with whatever he needs done too without hesitation. 

Those are attributes I want in my husband.

These are attributes I will bring to our marriage.

I can't believe that no one has brought up the task that I will gladly and gratefully turn over to my future husband...killing spiders and bugs.  I will happily take care of the fitted sheet (and fold it properly as well), cook, laundry, etc if he would just kill those multi-leg creatures that invade the home.  

Please please teach me how to fold the fitted sheets!!! In my near 49 years I still have not mastered the task!!

3 people like this

Please please teach me how to fold the fitted sheets!!! In my near 49 years I still have not mastered the task!!

I love it!  

What I do is pick a corner of the sheet and get a hold of the seam putting that over my wrist, grab another corner and put the seam right on top of the seam in your hand, repeat for the last two corners so that all the seams are on top of one another.  Then if you lay it down folding goes a little easier, your elastic should be in a "L" shape, and you can fold it flat from there.  

Basically, what I'm trying to say is make sure that all your corner seams are together in one corner.  Found pics on Pinterest - http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1081451_460s.jpg to help explain it.  

Amazingly enough, it actually works very well.  Good luck and let me know how it goes!

3 people like this

that would be great if he would take in charge the cooking activity. i seldom cook, but when it's done wholeheartidly it's more than exquis

1 person likes this

Dishes

Dealing with insects

Diapers (should young children be)

I like to have things neat, as much as possible. So, I don't mind picking up and cleaning. Oddly, I really enjoy doing laundry, and cleaning windows.

1 person likes this

I'm not a fan of folding laundry. When I look at a pile of laundry I need to fold, I want to shout laundry completem.

3 people like this

Cooking! Please pleeeease *on the floor begging*! I can bake some of the best cookies (or so I've been told :)) but when it comes to daily sustenance my creativity and enthusiasm fail me...I'll gladly do the dishes just feed me, I'm starving! I'm looking forward to gaining a few kilos  ^_^

3 people like this

Everything. I'm not lifting a finger :D JK but I hate cooking. I would like to hopefully marry a top chef

I despise cleaning the bathroom!!!!! Especially the toilet!!!!!

I hate taking out the trash!!!

I hope my husband is a big, strong, manly man who will help me take groceries inside. I don't feel great taking groceries inside or lifting anything heavy. I am so impressed and relieved when people help my little self do things that are kind of hard for me.

I think a chap should take his turn at least in the domestics. Every Friday (with a glass of wine nearby) I strip out the fridge and clean it to an inch of its life.

Col.

Wow! You should go to my parents' place - you may discover new and semi-mysterious forms of fungi O.o

Car stuff! I really disliking fixing cars, changing oil, and tinkering with vehicles in general. I also require some help in the wood workshop and with fixing things. I can handle basic things like the chop saw and drill, but the table saw is still as scary as it was when I was a kid. lol.

I actually enjoy the more domestic types of chores like cooking, cleaning, and laundry.

Cooking. Not only I don't like it, I'm a health and safety hazard when I'm in the kitchen. I've succeeded in undercooking and overcooking lentils both at once, putting metal in scones, burning cornflakes, setting honey on fire… Yeah. Until I learn to cook better, for the sake of our future kids' lives, it would be best if my husband took over the job :P

2 people like this

I have been cutting my own hair for almost 20 years...lol I hated going to Great Clips for a whole list of reasons...one of which...I felt it was ridiculous having to tip them when I felt they did a really bad job...or when they would go outside for a smoke break during the middle of my hair cut...seriously who does that? I guess they felt they could get away with it because i was a kid at the time...

Anyway, cutting the hair on the back of my head is a pain in the tuchas. So if my hypothetical wife would take over that, I would do any chores for her. Whatever they are, if it makes her happy, then it makes me want to do it even more :)

On 1/24/2013 at 7:56 PM, Invincible said:

Then I hope you two won't mind returning the favor to your husbands by being shirtless while doing the laundry :D

ROTF!

Next person on WTM who says they are struggling with depression, I will tell them to read your jokes lol and all will be well:lol:

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, StarGate SG1 said:

ROTF!

Next person on WTM who says they are struggling with depression, I will tell them to read your jokes lol and all will be well:lol:

Yeah, I really should get paid for this....

2 people like this