Sunny

What is the one chore you hope your spouse will take over?

73 posts in this topic

Will woodland creatures help you, like in the Disney movies? :D

Woodland creatures are most welcome to participate, as long as they don't leave behind any feces. lol

But seriously, I don't mind sharing or doing most chores, especially if we both work. Though I don't really like picking up clutter. It'd be nice if we tag-team cooking like my parents do.

1 person likes this

Then I hope you two won't mind returning the favor to your husbands by being shirtless while doing the laundry :D

Yeah...we'll go with lingerie. Just to be fair.

5 people like this

Now that you mention it, I actually really don't like doing that either haha. You have keep walking around the whole bed,etc its pain!

Me either! That's my least favorite chore

2 people like this

Then I hope you two won't mind returning the favor to your husbands by being shirtless while doing the laundry :D

I think both could easily be arranged ;) I like both ideas a lot....nothing wrong with checking out your S/O !! Both ideas as in Vinces and Kaileys :P

6 people like this

Theres no chores that I really despise to the point of never wanting to do again...although I guess cleaning would be my least favorite. I like cooking, mowing grass, working outside (and getting a tan so yes I will def be mowing the grass shirtless :P) and I like that trade off Vince I'm gonna have to remember that haha. I don't mind doing laundry, washing cars, changing oil, etc etc. but I guess if I had to do less cleaning I'd be a happy camper ;)

Well you're lucky that I like to clean and to help you out ! ;)

5 people like this

Well you're lucky that I like to clean and to help you out ! ;)

Haha yes I am ;)

Well shoot I was hoping you liked doing that!! Haha :P

2 people like this

Haha yes I am ;) Well shoot I was hoping you liked doing that!! Haha :P

Bahaha I don't know ANYONE who likes doing that except for my Mom :PP But she was a housekeeper for a hotel when she was around my age, so she HAD to get good at it. I guess usually when people are good at things, they don't mind doing them.

2 people like this

Ok, this is kind of petty, but I absolutely despise putting on fitted bedsheets. You know, the crappy bottom sheet with the awkward elastic band that goes over your mattress? HATE them. If there was one chore I would trade away, it would be that.

I would make the rest of the bed with military precision AND hang up all the clean clothes in exchange for not having to ever deal with one of those fitted sheets again.

Now that you mention it, I actually really don't like doing that either haha. You have keep walking around the whole bed,etc its pain!

I think either way not having a bed against a wall is a must. Walking around the bed to tuck in that sheet is doable at least, trying to tuck in the fitted sheet when your bed is against the wall... torture. <_<

Oh my gosh, you big babies. It's not that bad! :P Just make sure the head of the bed is against the wall then you'll have easy access to all sides. lol

4 people like this

I'd watch my wife do chores in lingerie over football/sports any day. Hope she doesn't mind staring.

3 people like this

I'd watch my wife do chores in lingerie over football/sports any day. Hope she doesn't mind staring.

Bahahaha, I think that would be the choice for most guys here :P :P

4 people like this

Child rearing. I do not care to experience that ever. I'll leave that one to my strong and tough future wife :)

Well, she's gonna need a father to her children too ;)

3 people like this

Well, she's gonna need a father to her children too ;)

I would be more than happy to help her make children.....and I suppose I'll help her raise them :D

2 people like this

I don't iron, nor do my parents... but I hope my future guy will do this. If not then i'll have to make him while having his shirt off ;)

Idk why, but THAT to me is super hot!! :blush:

2 people like this

After extremely extensive thought, I can't pick out any specific chores that I would absolutely not want to do.  As long as my amazingly amazing better half is cheering me on with moral support from the sidelines, I'm game for anything...........especially mowing the lawn.  :)

1 person likes this

Not trying to toot my horn, but I'll mow, chop, iron, wash, sweep, mop, change diapers, scoop litter, wash dishes and fold sheets. I don't even mind the fitted ones. I can cook a little too.

I really don't mind chores so much. Put some music on, and they're a nice break from actual work, especially if you can open the windows. If you're telling me one day I'll have a beautiful bride there by my side to help me...well, you're right, a lot of chores won't get done. Dang.

I hope my wife will apply herself to cooking (not because a woman's place is in the kitchen, but because the man should do the heavy lifting of supporting the family, and in exchange for feeding, clothing, sheltering and protecting a family, preparing that food seems not unseemly...and there's few things more endearing and alluring than a woman who satisfies her man's hunger. I hope she'll apply herself to managing the household and children, and I definitely intend to support and help her out there. Rumor has it a woman can get turned on by a man helping with the chores anyway.

2 people like this

. Rumor has it a woman can get turned on by a man helping with the chores anyway.

It's true! It's because it's showing love through service....for many people that's a love language that they react well to :)

10 people like this

I don't really know how to iron, so maybe that. But, I might learn how to and then it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

2 people like this

I don't really know how to iron, so maybe that. But, I might learn how to and then it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

DIY!!!!!!! I think guys doing that is so..... HOT! :D

It's true! It's because it's showing love through service....for many people that's a love language that they react well to :)

I agree, very true. :)

1 person likes this

Dishes I mean I'll do them but I hate them, I worked as a bus boy and it's disgusting cleaning up after people eating.

1 person likes this

Strangely enough, together him and I are quite the team as it already it.

Cooking

He has made me a better cook actually! xD Before he came along, I was meh, but now I get really into it, enjoy making new things, love packing my own lunches/meals, cooking at home, ect. I even made my new years resolution "be a five star sandwich maker." I made my own recipe card box of things to make- deserts, meals, a little of everything so far.

Grocery Shopping

He and I do grocery shopping very well together. He has the maturity to not want to fill the entire cart with candy and instead shop for legit grocery items! We make a fair budget and keep to it- not getting the cheapest of things nor the most expensive of things.

Cleaning

We are both the same when it comes to our cleanliness- we aren't slobs, but we could also do a lot better.  I'd be really mad if it were throwing empty cans/bottles/ trash on the floor, but it isn't.  When we realize that we need to tidy up, we do it.

Pets

We both have pets- He has cats and I have dogs that we take care of.

Yard Work

He has helped me do it during stays.  I like push mowing and he is the pro at edging with the weed whacker.  Every time I have tried to edge, dirt goes flying everywhere -__-.

Fixing broken things

He has an edge over me on this one.  He is the computer master and that is what I'm going to be going back to school for in the spring.  It is I who will level up to his level.  

Laundry

We do great on this one with him being the better folder.  

The dishes

Both of us are close to being equal on this except for the fact that he doesn't have a dish washer, where I do at my house.  So, he has to do it more than I do.  

Taking out the trash

Something we both don't mind doing.  

Cleaning up messes

I'd be so mad at him and dissapointed in myself if we couldn't do this at our age. >.>

Paying bills

Something we both do.

Just dishes and mowing lawn. Dishes take too long and I don't like being outside and getting all sweaty and dirty. I'm your totally girly-girl and I loooove being indoors. I love to clean and cook and bake. I can't stand things messy or dirty cus then I feel really crowded and become irritable. I like things to be immaculate and spacey. Cooking and baking are fun because you can make up cool recipes and such and kids I don't mind. I have a nephew who's like my son♥

1 person likes this

Dishes! Like I don't mind cooking, I'm actually starting to enjoy it. I hate washing dishes only because it dries out my skin horribly and I'm clumsy and broke glass before which also gave me some really bad cuts. Maybe we'll just use paper plates and cups instead.

1 person likes this

I hope my Wife cooks, cleans clothes, and changes diapers gross!

I would do all the yard work and would help clean the house. Also I'd love to run any errands since I love driving. I can't think of what else would need to be done but there's definitely much more. I'm assuming everything else would usually be 50/50.

But hey if a Woman is willing to even marry me that would be enough. As long as she's kind I think I would be able to learn to cook and clean clothes (I know how I'm just lazy :) and change diapers grossss!

1 person likes this