Sunny

What is the one chore you hope your spouse will take over?

73 posts in this topic

This question is just for fun since you'll need your spouse to determine this (unless you're already married of course)

I like doing almost all chores but I hate being in the sun because I don't like to get tan (well I'm already naturally dark skinned because of my genetics or whatever), so I hope my husband will be willing to do yard work like cutting the grass...shirtless (j/k not shirtless thats perverted :P)

3 people like this

Child rearing. I do not care to experience that ever. I'll leave that one to my strong and tough future wife :)

2 people like this

Cooking because I'm terrible at it, I'm so bad I burn water.... And changing the kids diapers.

1 person likes this

I actually plan on doing all the chores and the reason being is because I want my queen to just sit back and relax and not strain herself doing any work  ;)

5 people like this

Hmm, I don't think there is anything I desperately want my spouse to do, chore-wise.

That would be something to discuss once we were engaged right? It might be nice to mix things up a bit, so neither of us gets bored from doing the same thing every day.

I think it would be nice to cook together. I tend to like cleaning the house, so unless he really wanted to do that, I would do that just by nature.

It would be nice if he did the heavy gardening, I don't see myself outside with a saw trimming the hedges, haha. :lol:

2 people like this

Definitely cutting the grass :), which any gentleman would do, and anything else that requires a lot of strength! If he chose to do it shirtless, it would not be perverted, just enjoy the view, lol ;)-nothing wrong with admiring your husband!

6 people like this

so I hope my husband will be willing to do yard work like cutting the grass...shirtless (j/k not shirtless thats perverted :P)

If he chose to do it shirtless, it would not be perverted, just enjoy the view, lol ;)-nothing wrong with admiring your husband!

Then I hope you two won't mind returning the favor to your husbands by being shirtless while doing the laundry :D

7 people like this

Then I hope you two won't mind returning the favor to your husbands by being shirtless while doing the laundry :D

If my husband wanted me to do chores shirtless, I would. Just saying.

10 people like this

Hmmm...how about lingerie ;)!

3 people like this

Theres no chores that I really despise to the point of never wanting to do again...although I guess cleaning would be my least favorite. I like cooking, mowing grass, working outside (and getting a tan so yes I will def be mowing the grass shirtless :P) and I like that trade off Vince I'm gonna have to remember that haha. I don't mind doing laundry, washing cars, changing oil, etc etc. but I guess if I had to do less cleaning I'd be a happy camper ;)

1 person likes this

Ugh, I hate doing all chores. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, dishes...cooking I at least get some satisfaction out of if the results are good. I've been doing my own laundry for over a year and a half now and I still don't do a good job, so maybe that.

Ok, this is kind of petty, but I absolutely despise putting on fitted bedsheets. You know, the crappy bottom sheet with the awkward elastic band that goes over your mattress? HATE them. If there was one chore I would trade away, it would be that.

I would make the rest of the bed with military precision AND hang up all the clean clothes in exchange for not having to ever deal with one of those fitted sheets again.

5 people like this

I would love it if my husband would do the cooking! That is something that I never have learned to enjoy.

You guys, if the husbands go around doing chores shirtless, and the wives do them in lingerie, I sincerely doubt that the chores will actually get done! :D

4 people like this

There are lots of chores I'd like to pass on to my theoretical spouse.

Brushing my teeth.  Putting milk in my cereal.  Scraping my toast.  Standing on the lawn and shaking my fist at neighbor kids. 

6 people like this

I would love it if my husband would do the cooking! That is something that I never have learned to enjoy.

You guys, if the husbands go around doing chores shirtless, and the wives do them in lingerie, I sincerely doubt that the chores will actually get done! :D

Well, it could work as a really good motivator to get your chores done quickly, no?

2 people like this

We'll do all the chores together during a delightful little song-and-dance number. Won't take any more than 3 to 4 minutes.

4 people like this

We'll do all the chores together during a delightful little song-and-dance number. Won't take any more than 3 to 4 minutes.

Will woodland creatures help you, like in the Disney movies? :D

Sounds wonderful! Good luck with that! :)

4 people like this

@WW I was just about to mention getting woodland creatures to help with the chores too. :D

2 people like this

Ok, this is kind of petty, but I absolutely despise putting on fitted bedsheets. You know, the crappy bottom sheet with the awkward elastic band that goes over your mattress? HATE them. If there was one chore I would trade away, it would be that.

I would make the rest of the bed with military precision AND hang up all the clean clothes in exchange for not having to ever deal with one of those fitted sheets again.

Now that you mention it, I actually really don't like doing that either haha. You have keep walking around the whole bed,etc its pain!

4 people like this

I'd like to share the chores with my future spouse, but what I'd prefer my wife to do is cooking. And as mentioned before, if she did chores shirtless, then :D !

6 people like this

Mike, on 24 Jan 2013 - 23:44, said:snapback.png

Now that you mention it, I actually really don't like doing that either haha. You have keep walking around the whole bed,etc its pain!

I think either way not having a bed against a wall is a must. Walking around the bed to tuck in that sheet is doable at least, trying to tuck in the fitted sheet when your bed is against the wall... torture. <_<

6 people like this

I really don't like washing dishes. I like to cook and would do anything else, but scrubbing pans is not something I find particularly enjoying. I really hope he would want to take over that  ^_^

2 people like this