Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Things You love about Girls

22 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just to counter my "Pet Peeves" question, this question is what behaviors/qualities about girls do you love?

I definately agree with thatguy but also someone who is kind and caring and treats me as an equal and is romantic, as to me romance should go both ways not just me doing something romantic for gf but gf also doing something romantic for me (although I'm still waiting to find someone like this lol). The little things are really important to me too.

-Aaron

2 people like this

So question for you guys then--what is something 'romantic' that a gf could do for you?? I know what I could tell a guy that I'd like--a nice dinner once in awhile (i.e. dress up, candles, etc), or flowers randomly, or just a random sweet note. I know guys would appreciate a note as well or random baked things haha, but what else?

I don't know really I haven't really thought about it because to me just something to show she cares like a surprise date or a random message just to say she loves me or doing an activity we've never done before or... I don't really know I'd want her to surprise me... Its more romantic that way.

-Aaron

So I know I'm getting technical, but where do you draw the line on massages ? Ive usually stuck with back and shoulder except my bff and I we do head massages too like they do at nice salons

Well...I like it when a girl sees I'm having a bad day/week and asking me how I'm doing/gives me a hug. This has happened a number of times in life and I can't tell ya how good it felt to know that I had someone who cared (at least when I was in one of those phases in Life). Just simple stuff like that works for me...on top of knowing I can talk to her (whoever she is) and she'll understand/accept me, instead of judging me. I've know maybe two or three girls like that and I do miss them, lol. Maybe this is kinda filed under the 'girl-next-door' thingy referenced by ThatGuy. Anywho...

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

1 person likes this

I don't know I've never been given a massage although I would definately love a massage after rugby which i am definately going to start playing again soon (American football without all the pads); but i will give a gf a back, shoulder, foot massages.

-Aaron

Just thought of another thing I would like although its more gf rather than girls in general.

If a gf gets on well with my family and becomes part of the family (as I will for her with her family) because to me family is really important as I'm sure her family will be to her.

-Aaron

I love it when girls call you little pet names or nicknames lol. It may sound immature and some guys may not like it but I love it I find it very endearing! Also, sounds dumb maybe but I like it when girls say they miss me...its just nice to know someone's thinking about you it really means alot. Now I have an unusual one for you all...girls, PLEASE don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way lol but when a girl offers to pay once in a while (not often I'm talking once a couple months even if that) I just find it so freakin' cool! B) Haha I don't know why and I'm NOT a cheapskate or anything I have no problem spending money on girls I wish I had a girl to spend money on right now as a matter of fact lol but it just shows that they are very easy-going and sure of themselves in my opinion! Please don't flame me too hard!! :P

2 people like this

Haha, DodgeDude, I think it's hilarious that you think girls are going to get upset at you for liking it when girls pick up the tab. I'm sure there are some girls that would get annoyed at the idea of paying for a date, but I'm not one of them! I've never liked the idea that guys are expected to pay for everything. I don't think it's fair on the guy, especially since many women today are educated, have jobs, and are perfectly capable of treating the guy they date to a meal every once in a while. In fact, if I had a boyfriend, I'd insist on him letting me pay half of the time. I can understand the guy paying more often if things are still in the courtship phase and he's actively pursuing the girl; but once things are exclusive and he's not trying to woo her, per se, I think it's only fair that the money spent be 50/50. Plus, if the guy was always the one paying, it would make me a little uncomfortable because I would feel like I "owed" him something in return and that doesn't sit very well with me. I'd rather feel like he and I are equals in all aspects of our relationship together.

I know there's probably a lot of girls (and maybe even a lot of guys) that won't agree with me and that's fine. To each their own! That's just my personal two cents. :)

1 person likes this

Bahaha dodgedude, I think its more common nowadays for a girl to pay once on awhile or for small things--like dessert after dinner. It used to be the girl NEVER pays, but I think its nice and shows ur down to earth and understanding, not walking around with your nose in Tue air ;)

Well I like a girl's spontaneity, her ability to care for someone, her competitive spirit, and overall playfulness.

1 person likes this

I love it when they take charge!!!! Or dress up sexy :P have a cute laugh, or are just one of those girls who you just cant wait to see at the beginning of the day or shes the one you cant wait to see at the end of a long day :rolleyes:

Haha, DodgeDude, I think it's hilarious that you think girls are going to get upset at you for liking it when girls pick up the tab. I'm sure there are some girls that would get annoyed at the idea of paying for a date, but I'm not one of them! I've never liked the idea that guys are expected to pay for everything. I don't think it's fair on the guy, especially since many women today are educated, have jobs, and are perfectly capable of treating the guy they date to a meal every once in a while. In fact, if I had a boyfriend, I'd insist on him letting me pay half of the time. I can understand the guy paying more often if things are still in the courtship phase and he's actively pursuing the girl; but once things are exclusive and he's not trying to woo her, per se, I think it's only fair that the money spent be 50/50. Plus, if the guy was always the one paying, it would make me a little uncomfortable because I would feel like I "owed" him something in return and that doesn't sit very well with me. I'd rather feel like he and I are equals in all aspects of our relationship together.

I know there's probably a lot of girls (and maybe even a lot of guys) that won't agree with me and that's fine. To each their own! That's just my personal two cents. :)

I definitely agree with you there. I don't mind splitting dates 50/50. I have no problems with the guy paying the whole bill, but I think I would feel better if he just paid for his food/movie ticket/other and I pay for my food/movie ticket/other. But really, it is up to the guy. I have had lunch with my cousins and they would refuse to let me pay for the food because I'm a girl and that would embarrass them. And we're cousins, not on a date! lol. Guys usually really like spoiling girls, but not to the point where they feel used and are running out of money. But really this is only in the dating state, and usually only the early to medium stages. I have never met a long-term couple or a married-couple that had the guy paying for everything. I mean, usually married couples just have joint bank accounts so it's both your money.

I love it when girls call you little pet names or nicknames lol. It may sound immature and some guys may not like it but I love it I find it very endearing! Also, sounds dumb maybe but I like it when girls say they miss me...its just nice to know someone's thinking about you it really means alot. Now I have an unusual one for you all...girls, PLEASE don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way lol but when a girl offers to pay once in a while (not often I'm talking once a couple months even if that) I just find it so freakin' cool! B) Haha I don't know why and I'm NOT a cheapskate or anything I have no problem spending money on girls I wish I had a girl to spend money on right now as a matter of fact lol but it just shows that they are very easy-going and sure of themselves in my opinion! Please don't flame me too hard!! :P

dodgedude, I have never been out with a guy & not payed for my meal. They have insisted, tried to get slick with the check, etc. But, I'm in school. I know how much money they get in their school refund checks. & I'm not about to let a guy go broke trying to impress me. The way I figure it, I'm there with you, so you've obviously impressed me enough to get me away from my homework, books, & a night I could be spending chilling with my girls. If they're still around when we get out of school, & they are financially ok, I'll let them pick-up the tab :)

So since we've had quite a few new members recently, I thought I'd ask this again: what are some things you like that a girl friend or girlfriend do for you?! What really catches your attention ? (Not asking anything about looks lol)

Hmm, I read this last night and have been putting some thought into it, and really I'm having a hard time coming up with specifics, everyone is different and will have their own way of doing things. Things that would be great include stuff like taking a minute to see how I'm doing, if I'm down, then try to cheer me up, etc. more materialistic would be something like a massage, make me something etc.

For your second question, what really catches my attention:

A willingness to talk to me, and show that you care

A great smile

1 person likes this

Now I have an unusual one for you all...girls, PLEASE don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way lol but when a girl offers to pay once in a while (not often I'm talking once a couple months even if that) I just find it so freakin' cool! cool.gif Haha I don't know why and I'm NOT a cheapskate or anything I have no problem spending money on girls I wish I had a girl to spend money on right now as a matter of fact lol but it just shows that they are very easy-going and sure of themselves in my opinion! Please don't flame me too hard!! tongue.gif

So since we've had quite a few new members recently, I thought I'd ask this again: what are some things you like that a girl friend or girlfriend do for you?! What really catches your attention ? (Not asking anything about looks lol)

Ok, well I'll expand on what DD said. I don't like when I take a girl out, then at the end of the evening, fight over a check, or have her offer to help when I am the one that chose the date, etc. However, if it's decided beforehand, I think that is really cool if the girl the one "taking me out". When a girl says "I want to take you somewhere" and then she treats you to something, it lets you know she took time to plan it, and is doing something for you that she hopes you will enjoy.

Here is an example of a slick move a girl pulled on me one time...I had gone out a couple of times with her, and she really tried to pay her half or all of the way through one of the dates, but I wouldn't let her. Then on our last date, she had won a pass to go play paintball. We met up, she distracted me by showing me where I needed to go sign a waiver... and then paid for me. Smooth move!

I realize these are money examples, but I hope you realize the moral of the stories; it's the thoughts and intentions that are important, not who pays for dates.

1 person likes this

I realize these are money examples, but I hope you realize the moral of the stories; it's the thoughts and intentions that are important, not who pays for dates.

Amen! :)

1 person likes this

Hello, I'd like to chime in here and add my .02©, I second what Olivier said, I really like the "girl next door". I would like it if a girl like surprised me, and I'm a "sucker" for a shy little smile and the cute blush ya know!

1 person likes this

I really enjoy posting on some of the older threads mainly to voice my opinion as opposed to offer advice. Although the thread may be dead it doesn't mean that I can't still contribute. 

On 10/23/2011 at 7:48 AM, Guest markb4 said:

Just to counter my "Pet Peeves" question, this question is what behaviors/qualities about girls do you love?

For me, she should exemplify the fruits of the Spirit. Qualities like charity, love, joy, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, chastity, generosity, patience, peace, modesty, and self-control. All of these things combined with a woman who has faith in God and a love for Jesus is absolutely beautiful in my eyes. 

There are other qualities like sense of humor, intelligence, looks, etc. which if i'm being honest, do matter. But having a woman with a kind and pure heart speaks volumes to her character. She should also be trust worthy and trust me in return, she should encourage me, appreciate me, and respect me the same way I would for her.