Guest redyellowblue

Dressing up and makeeeeuppp!!!

39 posts in this topic

Well I wanted to ask both the guys and girls but I didnt wanna put it in the general forum for some reason.. and I figured guys lurk around int he girls section anyway :) here goes!!

What are you boundaries on dress? Do you think dressing in girly/flirty way is appropriate? How bout guys? Do you place any importance on dress? or is sweatpants/atletic gear okay? It might be easier to get an honest guy who thnk you are still beautiful even if thats all you wear...?

do you wear makeup? Do you think its fair girls should wear em?

I think yall get the gist of what Im asking.. Im running out of wakefulness so its up to you all... haha

:)

I like to dress cute when I can but sometimes I dress for comfort and slap my hair up in a pony. I do like to dress a little flirty for certain reasons but I always try to keep it modest and don't show anything that would have people questioning if I were a lady. I have boundaries about how short my dress/skirt is etc. The dresses that I have that are short, I make sure to wear leggings under so I don't end up flashing anyone.

I do not wear makeup. I was taught to appreciate my natural beauty from my mother. I also don't like how it looks on me. I have no problem with other women wearing it though. If I were to wear it, I do think less is more when it comes to make up anyway.

7 people like this

I do not wear makeup. I was taught to appreciate my natural beauty from my mother. 

Your mom is my hero  :) That has always been my view on makeup, in fact I flat out think it's disgusting. If I ever have daughters, I will teach them the exact same thing.

2 people like this

I used to love dressing up in frilly dresses and I suppose in a way I still do like the whole dress up thing, except instead of tons of bows it's more elegant gowns, haha, but the motivator is still the same. It's fun to dress up! Even if it's just in front of your closet and mirror. :P

I think dressing in very feminine outfits all the time is a little unrealistic. It takes way too much energy to get dressed up every day. I think everyone should be able to dress casually when they are relaxing. I usually lounge around my house in my woolen tights and a sweater. And if I go outside I throw on a pair of jeans. Of course when I go to work or on a date, I'll dress up a bit more feminine like, depending upon where I'm going. If I'm going hiking, I'm not going to wear a dress, that's just silly. :P

I'm not a fan of makeup, never wear it at home or hanging out with friends, etc. When I have to go to some social event I'll put a very small amount of makeup on. If I have to wear it for work, I try to make up for that by not wearing it the next day. It's really just not good for your skin, so I avoid it when I can.

2 people like this

I love dressing up....I dont even own a pair of sweatpants! I like figure-flattering clothes (but not revealing or skin tight).  Classy, femine clothes is what I'm into.

And I love make up. I dont wear a pile of it, just neutral tones to emphasise my features. 

3 people like this

I love wearing skirts and dresses more than any other type of clothing. I wear jeans/pants sometimes when I'm in a hurry or if I have to go somewhere that merits them. 

With makeup, I'm kind of neutral. I don't love it and I don't despise it either. I apply a small amount for work every day and when I go out I use a little bit more. My main goal is to look natural so I just use it to accentuate some areas of my face. When it comes to make up for me, less is more.

4 people like this

I dress for comfort (I do love my sweatpants and athletic gear) but I like to get pretty on special occasions, which includes a bit of makeup. Hey, I like painting, why not go ahead and paint mah face? B) 

No but seriously, nothing more than some concealer, mascara, eyeliner, and some type of lip product (I would love to be able to wear foundation because I have a lot of spots from acne that I really want to cover but my skin is just too sensitive for it and it breaks me out within hours).

When I'm not bumming out in sweatpants and other athletic wear, I do enjoy clothes that fit well. It annoys me when I see someone wearing clothing that doesn't fit, either too loose or too tight (this includes guys too). Its not hard to take your measurements and figure out the correct size. You wouldn't wear shoes thats too small or too big, so why do it with clothing?

When a skirt or shorts are too short I like to wear leggings or safety shorts under. Yoga pants must always be worn with underwear, preferably boyshorts underneath. I see so many girls wearing their yoga pants or leggingsaspants and don't mind/care that their back and front are visible :wacko:

2 people like this

I'm with MarriageMaterial. I own one (too small) pair of sweatpants, if I'm just lounging around the house I wear pajama pants. I like looking nice and put together each day. I enjoy wearing skirts, and it's a rare day I'm not wearing a blouse or pretty shirt and a cardigan. I make sure to dress modestly, no butt hanging out of shorts or breasts falling out of my shirt here.

I don't wear makeup either, like NicoleNova I don't like how it looks on me, and I am a big believer in natural beauty. All that goes on my face is chapstick and the occasional lotion.

I like showing that I take care of myself. One of my male friends remarked that my dress and general manner is nice because it will deter most guys just looking for sex-they know I'm not going to put out.

1 person likes this

For work, I definitely wear makeup, usually just powder foundation and lip gloss. I have recently gotten a little more into neutral eye shadow and mascara. I actually found a mascara that I really like by Cover Girl-Professional Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara :)! Sometimes when I go to the store I won't wear any makeup though.

Most of the time I wear pants/jeans and nice, pretty tops/sweaters. I do enjoy wearing dresses and skirts though.

And hey, some men can pull off makeup every now and then.

Depp-smoky-eye_1780038a.jpg

lol Well I'm pretty average-looking so I have to put in twice as much effort into my looks just to appear presentable lol lol

I actualy like wearing clothes that are a bit tight because wearing loose, baggy clothes all the time is a surefire way to get fat. Your body becomes lazy. When your body is constantly covered under baggy clothes, you stop caring about staying in shape because nobody can really SEE the state/shape of your body so you tend to become lazy. lol

But when you make it a habit to wear fitted clothes, your body automatically becomes motivated to stay in shape because it can no longer hide under baggy clothes and people can actually see the shape that your body is in. So you find yourself working extra hard to stay in shape lol

As far as clothing, I like styles that are feminine and modest.

I think that wearing makeup is necessary in certain situations like job interviews and other formal settings.

Being pretty will gain you so many advantages in life so I don't believe it is a waste of time to put a lot of effort into your appearance lol

I've only ever worn make-up once in my entire life, to a Marilyn Manson concert. lol. I really hate that stuff and refuse to wear it, even cover-up when I had bad acne. As for dressing up...no, I don't like doing that either. I am not much of a girly girl at all. The most "girly" I get is when I scream bloody murder every time I spot a spider.

1 person likes this

Well I'm pretty average-looking so I have to put in twice as much effort into my looks just to appear presentable

Hey, don't think that okay :)! I am sure you could go to the store with no makeup on and look presentable and pretty! Makeup is fun, but you shouldn't feel like you aren't pretty without it. The trick to wearing it, in my opinion, is to not really be able to tell you have it on ^_^.

2 people like this

I generally think people should avoid going out in public in sweatpants. I understand doing it once in a while if you're in a hurry and you're just running to the store real quick or something, but otherwise I think it should be avoided. Lounging around the house, on the other hand, sure.

I feel very unqualified to talk about make-up, since I probably don't even realize when women are wearing it sometimes. The one thing I will say is that I don't like colored lipstick.

Hehehehe aye no Kailey... there's no way on planet earth that I ever will wear make up :P  not even nail polish like David Beckham.

And like WNY said.. please don't wear sweat or trackpants in public.. ewwww.  Track or sweatpants are very comfortible to wear at home only.  A nice blouse and jeans look good one a woman .. but thats for casual wear.. something like this..

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8307/7792722552_7937b1ff8c_b.jpg   or

http://www.kaydalini.com/files/products/images_ph626_551.jpg

But hey.. Im a man I dont read Cosmo nor Vanity fair .. so no expert on woman clothes this side :P

3 people like this

For work, I definitely wear makeup, usually just powder foundation and lip gloss. I have recently gotten a little more into neutral eye shadow and mascara. I actually found a mascara that I really like by Cover Girl-Professional Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara :)! Sometimes when I go to the store I won't wear any makeup though.

Most of the time I wear pants/jeans and nice, pretty tops/sweaters. I do enjoy wearing dresses and skirts though.

Depp-smoky-eye_1780038a.jpg

I do enjoy guyliner every now and again. Some guys can pull it off! :lol:

2 people like this

Hey, don't think that okay :)! I am sure you could go to the store with no makeup on and look presentable and pretty! Makeup is fun, but you shouldn't feel like you aren't pretty without it. The trick to wearing it, in my opinion, is to not really be able to tell you have it on ^_^.

thank you :wub:

1 person likes this

I never go out in sweatpants just because you never know who you'll run into. I would hate to run into someone who I may want to work for in the future or a student's parent/guardian, so I'll at least put on jeans and a nice top to run errands. I'll dress up if I have to, but generally don't wear skirts or dresses unless I'm at work. I'm doing practicum at a middle school so it makes me look more like a teacher! As for makeup, I stick to the minimum. I wear mascara and some sort of lip color but that's it.

1 person likes this

@April: Agreed. It all depends on the context, as do a lot of things is Life...if you know what I mean, lol. There have been days where I woke up late for class and had to rush to get to school and ended up wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt, with a pair of sandals, to class. Now, if I had had an interview or was heading to work, I wouldn't wear such things...I would also hope I'd have planned things out the night before, so as to anticipate a potential late-start and have had my work/interview outfit already set up, etc. So, yeah, sweats and such aren't really an issue as far as I'm concerned, so long as they're not worn at the wrong times, haha...

I like to experiment with fashion, nothing too loud or out there of course, I just like to try new things. I don't wear anything revealing, I like to dress modestly. I like a lot of different styles, whether it's jeans and a T-shirt or a fun floral dress with flats. I do like my sweatpants I don't wear them often but when I do, it's not because I'm feeling lazy or running late, it's because I just really like how they look. On a regular day  I wear jeans or other types of pants with a T-shirt or blouse, I like sweaters too and cardigans. I really love dresses, I wear them often some months. Make up, I don't always wear. When I do though, it's just a bit of mascara and lipstick.  

I love dressing up Im very much into fashion my style is mostly coco chanel/audrey hepburn kind of style I always keep it feminine and classy, thats just the way I am.  I like to experiment with makeup, I mostly wear natural makeup you couldnt tell if Im wearing it.  I rarely wear mascara, eyeliner or lipstick just not my thing.  Give me my pearls and heels anyday and I will be happy, if I could dress extraordinarily everyday though I would, screw what the boys think :P

http://pinterest.com/pin/33003009741466663/

http://pinterest.com/pin/251427591667520057/

Bill Kaulitz: proof that with make-up, a guy can be more beautiful than girls.

BILLAGODDESS_zpsacb9ee06.jpg

1 person likes this

Haha nice input guys! What do you think of stores like Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, American Eagle and Old Navy? I  have some of my favorite outfits from there, but dang they are expensive, even when I get them on sale.

What are some places you shop at?

I have to get my jeans at Abercrombie & Fitch, because so far they are the best fit I can find. However going into that store requires a gasmask, hahahaa, I can't stand the perfume they funnel in through the air ducts.

Old Navy has some great deals. I got a bunch of summer tank tops and t-shirts from them last summer.

I've been shopping at H&M recently. Mostly for work clothes. They have some nicely fitted blazers there that are very feminine.

That's pretty much it, I haven't been shopping for clothes in a long while. But when I used to buy more clothes I would go to places like Anthropologie (before they got expensive) and Victoria's Secret (the website) actually has some very nice regular clothes.

Oh I love VS' dresses! I have some sweaterdresses from there. But gosh I hate their bras...  doesnt do it for me. 60 bucks and the wire pops out. Its pretty to look at though :P

Never heard of H and M actually... what about Pac Sun and Forever 21? Browsed around for a while but never bought anything. They seem popular!

1 person likes this

Oh and what brand of makeup do you guys use? Dang, Ive been asking a lot of questions.. lol. When I do use makeup (rarely) I use Neutrogena to maintain a healthier skin. I saw on paid programming in the wee hours of the morning something called Luminless Air or something. It was makeup that you put on by airbrush. Would you try?