Mike

POLL: What are you often labeled as?

Labels for nice girls in HS   31 members have voted

1. 1. Which label was used to describe you in high school?

• Sweetheart
    • Quirky
    • Good Girl
    • Other?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Hey Gals,

I'm trying to figure out the girl equivalent of "Nice Guy" as in "Oh he's such a nice guy." Can you help? The best I've come up with is "Sweetheart" but I'm not sure if that's right.

Like, if girls called most of us waiter guys "such a nice guy" in high school, what did the guys call you?

Example:

Girl says "Oh he's such a nice guy, but I really like [some douche]."

Guy says "Oh she's such a [positive label], but I really like [some manipulative hottie]."

I've put up a poll with more suggestions, but please feel free to post a reply and tell me your experiences.

Also, it doesn't have to be limited to high school; I just figured that would be the period when you were most memorably labeled.

Any help is appreciated!

I heard "goody-two-shoes," "nerd," "loser," "teacher's pet," and things along that nature to describe my academic drive and general lack of popularity with the cool kids. I'm sure I was called plenty of unpleasant things behind my back as well. But yeah, people weren't using the term "sweetheart." :) Mind you, there weren't any guys actively rejecting me in high school; I left them alone, and they left me alone, sort of a rejection-by-omission. But nowadays, when guys who expressed an interest in me later reject me, they always include mentions of how sweet I am. Yeah, if I was really that sweet and wonderful and amazing, why are you leaving??? :D

We girls are often told that we have a "great personality."

1 person likes this

The girls probably thought of me as super bubbly and upbeat. The boys probably thought of me as sort of cold and  'stuck up' lol (because I wouldn't really talk to them lol They'll be like hey what's up and I'll be really polite and cordial but kinda aloof at the same time....lol I guess they expected me to flirt with them like the other girls did but I didn't really know how...so...yeah lol Mind you,  I was shy. Not cold. But they didn't know that lol ).

In real life, the only people who know about my virgin status are my mom and my older sister...lol  I haven't told anyone else but I know they're sort of starting to suspect that I might be a virgin. lol I don't really talk about sex with anyone in real life. lol I don't know why. I just don't lol I'd rather talk about less heavy stuff... like more light hearted topics lol

2 people like this

Yeah, I was considered to be a bit of a geek. Which suited me fine, because, you know, geeks rule the world.

Also, the teacher's pet. Which again is fine, because teacher's pets never get in trouble for anything, and can get away with murder. I remember once loads of people forgot to hand in an essay, and got in trouble, but I just asked, "Miss, would it be okay if I handed it in on Thursday?", and she just told me that that was okay.

And I was considered to be very weird. But it's cool to be weird...

xxx

2 people like this

I was popular in high school. I considered myself a both a band and drama geek and academically speaking I was a book worm and teacher's pet. But I got along with everyone and was in so many extra curricular activities that everyone just knew me. I had many guy friends but did no dating. One time a guy friend called me a good girl and I asked why. Here's his explanation. 

There are two types of girls: locker room girls and good girls. Locker room girls are the ones that we have very long explicit conversations about whilst in the locker room so we can all know what they've done and who we can get with.

Good girls are the ones that we never talk about in the locker room because they don't do anything worth being brought up. 

My response was that I was very happy because I never wanted to be the subject of conversation in that manner!

1 person likes this

I've been called "mom" a few times by other teenagers cuz I follow rules...   <_<

2 people like this

Quirky, weird, the b word, cold, ice-queen, stuck-up, innocent, modest, and even arrogant

Most of the labels I received in high school were pretty negative, and most of those were from girls.

The couple guys who hated me (for reasons still unknown) considered weird, the b-word, and stuck-up. Though most guys simply took no notice of me. I knew a lot of "good girls", that flew under the radar and didn't receive many, if any labels at all, especially from guys (I guess this may only apply to the introverted good girls).

I only ever got called positive things like genuine, sweet, modest, etc. by teachers and other older people.

2 people like this

Usually along the lines of b****, snob and/or prude. They seemed to think I thought myself better than everyone else, which wasn't the case at all.

People thought I was a nice, friendly person, but very unusual and loud. Socializing is hardly a strong point of mine. No one could doubt I was nice though. So I was the nice-but-strange girl. Also the anime and manga geek.

I've been called "mom" a few times by other teenagers cuz I follow rules...   <_<

Me too lol.

2 people like this

People always said "You're so nice, but... you're too nice" I never knew what to say to that, so I just smiled and said thank you. I have also been called a: goody two shoes, a weirdo, mysterious, because I can be really quiet sometimes. So, I guess, for me, it's: "She's too nice" .

As odd as it may seem I've nvr been really labeled, ive always been called by my name... Unless if you count being called tall as a label....

I got Weird in middle school. Nice in high school. And Quirky, Good Girl, Prudish, Delusional and Naive in college.

Currently I'm not sure. People don't really discuss labels as much in the workplace. I think people consider me Sweet. I was told on Wednesday that I look like a "delicate angel" haha.

Ive gotten I "thought" you were a good girl when I first met you. It always seems to put me off because its usually followed after someones asked for my opinion