Mstr Josh

How long after getting married will you want to have kids?

32 posts in this topic

it was 3 yrs after we got married before we had our first daughter... but to be fair it was about a year and a half in when we felt like we'd had our "us" time and then it just took a little bit before we were blessed enough to have my wife be pregnant.  All in all felt about right.  but hey everyone is a little bit different on this front - how "ready" you are, how long it actually takes or if there happens to be a few added physiological things in the mix, and if you are choosing to adopt, well we all know that process is not instantaneous so you'll want to move on that faster not slower of course...   regardless...   you'll never feel "ready" to actually be a mom or a dad, and you'll know you were completely ready the moment you hold your child whether a newborn or a young one you adopt.  :-)

3 people like this

Just like others said, it would depend on my age and financial situation. It would be nice to get married in my early twenties, because that way I can wait five years like I want to. I'd want to have kids in my mid twenties.

There's no specific timeframe for me; whenever me and my wife feel we're ready is when it'll happen.

That was the selfless answer.

Deep down though, there's so much to experience in this world, so much traveling to do, so many new things to eat, see and feel! And all of that with the love of my life? Sign me up!

I'm thinking at least a year, but it's not something that I seriously require. I'm open to discussing that timeline with my hubby ;)

I would like to start having children right away, but my soon-to-be hubby wants to wait (for a very realistic reason) Aside from wanting to have time together before we have another child to worry about, he also wants to wait until we are out of college and financially stable.

1 person likes this

Right away! Hopefully we can afford the kid. I would love to have kids though. 3 actually! Preferably 3 girls or 2 girls 1 boy as I'm constantly surrounded by men at work so going home to a nurturing soft atmosphere would be a delight!

At my workplace sometimes my friend's girlfriend hangs out a bit and brings the two girls she babysits. They're like 2 and 5 years old. I just look at them and think how precious and innocent they are. At that moment all I want is kids. I just wanna protect them and take care of them. What can I say I love kids I would want one right away!

1 person likes this