Mike

What lines have people used to reject you? [for the book]

50 posts in this topic

"You need therapy."   (First name to use:  Copper.  Age: 24)

I've had a similar line to this as well. I had a boy tell me I had serious emotional and sexual issues because I wanted to wait. Now I know that is not true... but at the time I was terrified by what he said.

2 people like this

I've also had a reaction of "I don't believe you, you just want attention" when my friend found out I was waiting.

3 people like this

Im waiting for God to tell me who i should be in a relationship with and when (then she tried to be in a relationship with my best friend,but he was my best freind and would never let that happen)

Sorry, If we had met like 4 years ago I would have had a wonderful relationship with you, but im a lesbian now

Im being the bigger person here and letting you go off to someone else becuase shes out there...waiting for you (most common)

2 people like this

I told him I am waiting for marriage and after he thought about it he sent me a text message:

"I am not willing to wait until marriage.  I am not going to jump into getting married.  It is important to figure out if there is sexual chemistry first."

-Stacie, 28

4 people like this

We were flirting and he was hinting at sex.  I said, "I have a no sex until marriage rule!"
He says playfully, "I will break your rule!"
I said, "No you won't."
Then he realized I was serious.

-Stacie, 28

10 people like this

"I can wait until marriage, but I'll need to do other things like spend the night and take showers together."

-Stacie, 28

3 people like this

I told him I am waiting for marriage and after he thought about it he sent me a text message:

"I am not willing to wait until marriage.  I am not going to jump into getting married.  It is important to figure out if there is sexual chemistry first."

-Stacie, 28

Sexual chemistry hmm. So he want's to "test drive" you before he knows whether he will marry you. Honorable Women do not give men husband privileges without it's responsibilities. Waiting to marriage really does eliminate jerks from your dating pool real quick!

"I can wait until marriage, but I'll need to do other things like spend the night and take showers together."

-Stacie, 28

This guy is hilarious! It's so funny because he just does not get it. You should of asked him. "Why can't you just shower by yourself? If you don't want to have sex until marriage then why do you need to shower with me?" When it comes to those kind of guys just laugh and let it go. Just wait. In God's perfect timing you'll realize who your King will! lol Some guys just crack me up.

" I don't want a boyfriend right now "

-Gordon 22

Funny thing is I didn't even ask her out. I just wanted to let her know that I had developed some feelings but she rejected mr even though I never asked her to be my girlfriend. I don't know if she's married but she does have a kid and seems happy so I wish her the best.

" I don't want a boyfriend right now "

-Gordon 22

That's a classic, and it might be true or it might not.

i have two favorties, so here i go

1. you are the greatest and sweetiest guy ever, you know how to ,isten and give me great hugs and are always there for me, but i am in highschool and i want to date a football player maybe in college though *then hugs me*

2. (this one is funny) i want sex and sex, not someone who is great, not someone who i can bring home to my parents.

1 person likes this

I've had a similar line to this as well. I had a boy tell me I had serious emotional and sexual issues because I wanted to wait. Now I know that is not true... but at the time I was terrified by what he said.

awwwwwww im sorry jenny, what a jerk

2 people like this

"You're too good for me. You'll find a better guy."

--Heard that one on several occasions. Since when does being "too good" be a reason to just hand me over to someone else?! What does that mean anyways because I'm WTM am I some kind of porcelain doll that is only for looks? If everyone thinks the next guy should have me then who will have me? This is not a relay race, i'm not a baton. Nor am I a hot potato   :superwaiter:  

1 person likes this

"I've realized that I see you as an activity partner." is the one I got a month or two ago.

I have defiantly had guys says things like "i am not ready for a girlfriend right now" and "it's not you it's me" but the one that really hurt the most was "seriously, your going way to overboard with this whole waiting till marriage thing.. Everybody's having sex. and besides I have a right to sex."

i said not another word to that creep but slammed the door in his face and never spoke to him again.   

1 person likes this

"You look too conservative for me, and you love God too much.   No guy wants that.  You also don't wear enough make-up.  Men want a women who will dress up and look nice for a man.   You also need to do something with your hair.  Your looks aren't impressive enough for me.  You live too far away, too."

"You look too conservative for me, and you love God too much.   No guy wants that.  You also don't wear enough make-up.  Men want a women who will dress up and look nice for a man.   You also need to do something with you're hair.  Your looks aren't impressive enough for me.  You live too far away, too."

Selfishness is a rampant disease in society. This guy might as well said, "Me, Me, Me, Me. It's all about me!"

Selfishness is a rampant disease in society. This guy might as well said, "Me, Me, Me, Me. It's all about me!"

Yeah, very true.  He also said something about wanting a woman who he could "do things with like going on hikes."   This was on a dating site, so he didn't really know much about me, and he was a Christian guy, too.   The only reason I contacted him was because I really was drawn to his profile.  He talked about how much he wanted a godly wife with whom he could pray with and who would be committed to pray for their kids.  Sigh.   So I was surprised to hear him say he thought I was too into God.  It made no sense :(

And since he didn't actually talk to me before sending me the rejection message, he had no way of knowing whether or not I would enjoy going on hikes and things with him.  He didn't give me a chance at all.   If anything, it showed me that there are many materialistic men out there, even among Christians.  There are also a lot of guys out there who are superficial.

Sometimes I just don't think I'm dating material for men.  It's like they are looking for a woman who is materialistic herself, and is the stereotype of a woman -- someone into fashion, make-up, and shopping.   They want a woman to look at, but not to really know as someone's best friend and wife.  I have been waiting and waiting for men to mature and hopefully want a real relationship.  I know I have a lot to offer someone someday....but....sigh.....I just don't seem to be making the cut.

I want someone to like me for me, and not because I wear make-up, or because of the clothes I wear, or whatever.

1 person likes this

"You look too conservative for me, and you love God too much. No guy wants that. You also don't wear enough make-up. Men want a women who will dress up and look nice for a man. You also need to do something with your hair. Your looks aren't impressive enough for me. You live too far away, too."

All of that was selfish of a guy to say, except the loving God too much, they could have worded that better when they said that but to someone that could be a deal breaker, and not a selfish one.

"You look too conservative for me, and you love God too much.   No guy wants that.  You also don't wear enough make-up.  Men want a women who will dress up and look nice for a man.   You also need to do something with your hair.  Your looks aren't impressive enough for me.  You live too far away, too."

Anyone who complains that you love God too much is not a true Christian. That's right, I said it. He should be the first love of any true believer. Saying that no guy wants that is the same as the common lie that no guy will WTM for a girl. He's not looking for a girlfriend, he's looking for a slave because he doesn't want a girl for who she is. He want's a girl for the mask she puts on and you should be glad you didn't fall for him. You would be surprised how many guys out there prefer little to no makeup at all (myself included) because we want to see a girl for who she truly is.

Sometimes I just don't think I'm dating material for men.  It's like they are looking for a woman who is materialistic herself, and is the stereotype of a woman -- someone into fashion, make-up, and shopping.   They want a woman to look at, but not to really know as someone's best friend and wife.  I have been waiting and waiting for men to mature and hopefully want a real relationship.  I know I have a lot to offer someone someday....but....sigh.....I just don't seem to be making the cut.

I want someone to like me for me, and not because I wear make-up, or because of the clothes I wear, or whatever.

I would rather be single my whole life than do be with a materialistic girl. I've seen what kind of damage those kinds of women can do to a man financially. You don't want a guy who wants that. You want a guy who will respect and loves your modesty and who will think you're the most beautiful when you aren't wearing make up. Don't believe the lie that you're not dating material because you are, but only for the right kind of guys and not for guys like the one on the dating site.

1 person likes this

Anyone who complains that you love God too much is not a true Christian. That's right, I said it. He should be the first love of any true believer. Saying that no guy wants that is the same as the common lie that no guy will WTM for a girl. He's not looking for a girlfriend, he's looking for a slave because he doesn't want a girl for who she is. He want's a girl for the mask she puts on and you should be glad you didn't fall for him. You would be surprised how many guys out there prefer little to no makeup at all (myself included) because we want to see a girl for who she truly is.

I would rather be single my whole life than do be with a materialistic girl. I've seen what kind of damage those kinds of women can do to a man financially. You don't want a guy who wants that. You want a guy who will respect and loves your modesty and who will think you're the most beautiful when you aren't wearing make up. Don't believe the lie that you're not dating material because you are, but only for the right kind of guys and not for guys like the one on the dating site.

Thank you for your response.   :)

Christian men should want a woman whose first love is God.  That's what I thought, too.   That's why I was so surprised that he gave that comment, especially considering his profile on the dating site.   Sigh.  

Whether or not guys prefer women wearing makeup or not seems to be a personal preference.   Some want women wearing a ton of it because they think that it makes women look nice, or they think it shows that women are making an effort for them, or whatever.   Others are completely against it, finding it disgusting.  And then there are guys who simply do not care one way or another whether or not a woman wears makeup.   I've learned that there is a lot of variation even in the eyes of many Christian men.

I was shocked when that guy sent me the message.  It scared me into wondering whether or not most men preferred women like that.   Sometimes it seems like this is the case.  Other times I realize that it is otherwise -- that there are men who don't like it, or simply do not care about it.   In my opinion, not wearing much of it shouldn't be a deal breaker, but to each their own.....

I'm glad that you affirmed my understanding that not all men want a woman wearing heavy makeup.  It is good to know that there are still men out there who actually care about the person, and not the outer appearance so much.

It is relieving to hear that not all men want materialistic women.   Deep down inside, I know that is true -- it's just that sometimes it feels like men are only attracted to superficial things, like makeup and fashion and just all around materialism.   And you are right that I do not want a man who is after materialistic women.   Yes, I do want a guy who will respect and love me for my modesty and who will think that I am beautiful when I'm not wearing makeup.  If a man cannot find a woman attractive unless she is wearing a ton of makeup, then he likes a false person.

I honestly have no problem with makeup in and of itself, but I do see it as a problem if the woman doesn't think she can look good without it, or if the man doesn't think that the girl looks good without it.  Makeup is meant to enhance what is already there, not make the person beautiful, as though she is not pretty without it.   I personally can take it or leave it.  Sometimes I wear a little bit of it just because I feel like it.  Most of the time I don't wear any.  It's whatever I feel like doing.   But I certainly wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who would think less of me because I choose not to wear it, or because I choose not to wear as much as he would like me to.

Yes, I do want the right kind of guy -- it just does get discouraging sometimes.

1 person likes this

Arwen - totally understand where you're coming from. I actually do wear a little makeup, but I only wear it if I feel good inside. If I don't feel good inside, then wearing makeup makes me feel  like I'm a very pretty empty box... which is not a good feeling. It is a more productive use of time to work on yourself to feel a sense of inner beauty.

I've got variations of this line:

"I admire you, but I don't think this is working... we are too different, our thinking is too different - you're too conservative for me"

HappyEyes

Newbie - Blog on WTM: Soul Exposure

The most dreaded one I've had was "There is someone else I like".

All of these, including, "Virgin's are creepy, you are creepy for being a virgin." Then there is my all time favorite, "You'll find a great girl someday." "I just want sex."

Still waiting to find that girl. It's good to know some people can read minds. :D