Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest head girl

why is it important to you

4 posts in this topic

Waiting until marriage is important to me because I do NOT want to be a teen mom. My mom was and it turned her whole world upside down. I also know the risks of STD's and what not but I find it also important for the love aspect of it. I'm quite the hopeless romantic, and I only want to share that part of myself with one person only and the only way I can guarantee that is by waiting until my wedding day. I know the emotional damage it can cause, that's something I would like to avoid, I don't want to bring baggage into my marriage. I think by waiting it helps you connect at a deeper level in other parts of your relationship, it shows respect and faithfulness to your spouse. I don't want to mess around with anyone else's (future) husband. The divorce rate is lower, sex is reported to be better as well. You just connect at a deeper level overall. There's a never-ending list of reasons. And of course because my God tells me to. I'm Christian and a lot of Christians overlook God's want for sexual purity but I think it's such an obvious choice, for me anyways. Plus, I love the fact that I'm kind of rebelling against society ;)

1 person likes this

I agree with a LOT of things you said Sarah Elizabeth! I"m Catholic; and while I don't agree with every single things the church says 100%, one thing I do agree on is WTM. Like you said, the marriage is better, more fufilling. Sex is said to be better as well ;) I want to protect myself emotionally too--I know if I have sex before marriage, I will be really scarred emotionally. I do also like that it's "not the norm" so to speak.

Of course, getting pregnant, STD's and such are obvious reasons, but not enough for the majority, so that's why I add them after my other major reasons.

i totally agree with everything said, thanks i just wanted to know others opinions on why it is so important to you ;)