Invincible

Why do girls go to public restrooms in groups?

43 posts in this topic

Well, I only go in a group if I actually have to use the restroom. But, I think the main reason I go with someone else is because I don't want to get lost. For some things I have a weirdly bad memory. I have actually ended up in a restaurant kitchen on accident and then could not remember where I was sitting and had to wander around until I found my table. Really awkward!

2 people like this

Oh and the whole couch thing is true! Sometimes I do want someone with me cause I get scared to be alone because I feel like someone could just grab me. But the only person Im not embarrased to hear me in the bathroom is my boyfriend so that never works out. haha.

@madhatter89:

Wow... you completely took this the wrong way. I meet many women on a daily basis, it's kind of hard not to unless you're a recluse, and I have plenty of female friends. I never said every woman on this planet perpetuates the stereotypes, but in my experience, about 90% of them do. I never said just because a woman primps and wears make-up means she's intolerable either. Nor am I prejudiced towards my own sex. I love women, I love talking with other women and getting to know them, and I love being a woman. If I didn't I would've had a sex change years ago.

I do prefer having male friends because we have more common interests and perceptions on things. I've never let stereotypes stop me from getting to know someone, woman or man. And actually, in the case of the woman I was referring to, she did not need help with something private, she just wanted company. If one of my friends had an immediate private problem she needed me for, I would not hesitate to get up and help her. But when you just want "company", and stand there tapping your foot on the tile floor in the middle of a restaurant, making a scene just because I won't go with you, then I have a problem. I am not going to baby you and go with you just to listen to you do your business and gossip about other people. That is complete idiocy. You can be a big girl and take care of yourself.

Me not having these qualities and saying that's why I get along better with men is not messed up, it's a fact and it's the truth. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just because I don't go to the bathroom with a horde of females does not mean I am prejudiced towards my own sex. Just because I don't wear make-up and primp does not mean I am prejudiced towards my own sex. I really couldn't give two f**** if you do any of the above, I DON'T. And just because you DO, does not mean I automatically assume your not worthy of my time.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't jump down my throat just because I get along better with men rather than women. Perhaps YOU should get to know ME before you start jumping on board with stereotypes about women like me, making ignorant assumptions, and slinging accusations.

1 person likes this

@annabell:

Wow... you completely took this the wrong way. I meet many women on a daily basis, it's kind of hard not to unless you're a recluse, and I have plenty of female friends. I never said every woman on this planet perpetuates the stereotypes, but in my experience, about 90% of them do. I never said just because a woman primps and wears make-up means she's intolerable either. Nor am I prejudiced towards my own sex. I love women, I love talking with other women and getting to know them, and I love being a woman. If I didn't I would've had a sex change years ago.

I do prefer having male friends because we have more common interests and perceptions on things. I've never let stereotypes stop me from getting to know someone, woman or man. And actually, in the case of the woman I was referring to, she did not need help with something private, she just wanted company. If one of my friends had an immediate private problem she needed me for, I would not hesitate to get up and help her. But when you just want "company", and stand there tapping your foot on the tile floor in the middle of a restaurant, making a scene just because I won't go with you, then I have a problem. I am not going to baby you and go with you just to listen to you do your business and gossip about other people. That is complete idiocy. You can be a big girl and take care of yourself.

Me not having these qualities and saying that's why I get along better with men is not messed up, it's a fact and it's the truth. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just because I don't go to the bathroom with a horde of females does not mean I am prejudiced towards my own sex. Just because I don't wear make-up and primp does not mean I am prejudiced towards my own sex. I really couldn't give two f**** if you do any of the above, I DON'T. And just because you DO, does not mean I automatically assume your not worthy of my time.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't jump down my throat just because I get along better with men rather than women. Perhaps YOU should get to know ME before you start jumping on board with stereotypes about women like me, making ignorant assumptions, and slinging accusations.

And the cycle continues.

1 person likes this

Usually when I say 'guys, Im going to the bathroom', one of my friends usually comes along because she needs to go too or fill her water bottle. In the bathroom itself we just talk. I have no idea why we do this..

Usually the only time I will step foot in a public bathroom is when I have to fix my hair or makeup. I can get a good 360 view of myself using those huge mirrors in front of the sinks lol I try to stay away from actually using the toilets in public bathrooms becuz they're kinda nasty lol but if I absolutely have to pee, I'll squat over the toilet seat and do it lol I don't care how awkward it looks lol I'm not trying to get aids lol screw that lol

When I was younger I used to follow my girl friends to the bathroom becuz I didn't want to be left alone outside but I'm much more independent now. I only go in if I have a purpose lol

I generally do not follow the crowd into the bathroom.  I am not opposed to it.  I just usually stay and talk with whoever is left. 

If I was a girl I would bring all my friends to the bathroom with me and we could just have like, a rave in the bathroom.

4 people like this

If I was a girl I would bring all my friends to the bathroom with me and we could just have like, a rave in the bathroom.

What's a rave?

I think it has to do with that girls in general have to pee more because our bladders are smaller than a man's to make room for our overies.  lol.  I read an article that said that healthy men and women actually urinate the same amount but women have to go more frequently because their bladders are smalelr.  I only go to the restroom 5 or 6 times a day pretty much on schedule whereas I have friends who seem to go every hour or so.  Sometimes our reasons for going together is to synchronize or urination schedules while on an outing.  May as well all go together so as not to get distracted later and have to make another side trip.  Then it also goes into that girls are generally pretty gregarious.  I have friends who will give me the puppy eyes when I pitch something about wanting to meet somewhere after when they are done--so I end up going with them even though they all pee more than me!

Honestly, I never understood this either. I'm a girl and I have to go in alone. I'll just be blunt and say I have difficulty peeing when other people are in the same restroom.

1 person likes this

Yes to talk about the people you're hanging with in the bathroom, also catch up on things you can't talk about in front of everyone else. Sometimes my friends and I will go to the bathroom even if none of us have to go just because its something to do. My BFF uses it more as a command, so one time she was like "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" And I was like no not really HAHAHA because I knew she didn't want to walk over there alone because sometimes I don't feel like getting up to talk lol so I think she asked someone else to go with her afterward lol.

When I was younger,I used to go to nightclubs, because i loved to dance with my friends. I felt weird when guys stared at me ( they stare at every girl in a club) even though I was wearing modest clothing. Going to the bathroom with the girls was a break from the crazy atmosphere, and we could catch up on each others lives because the music wasnt loud there, and it was a comfortable environment to have while putting on makeup. Now I just dance and let loose at my fitness studio/gym because I feel much more comfortable there. I just want to clarify, that just because a girl wants to talk to her friend about her life in a bathroom,that doesnt qualify as gossip. Im not a fan of gossip, but i will want to know why my friend looks unwell if she is out, etc.

Same reason why guys dont like to go to clubs alone? Or guys go to sports events together. Some voyages are meant to be shared xD . Plus we have private stalls so you still have your privacy im sure if we had something similar to urinals we would invite no one and try to be the only soul there lol. I'm sure that's one reason why you guys don't invite one another to the restroom. Ha

personally i think public bathrooms smell like shit and i try to avoid them as much as possible. 

1. To socialize

2. Avoid danger

3.Gossip (not me personally)

4. Compliment every aspect of each others outfits

5. Group makeup (not me either)

Etc.etc.etc......

6.list goes on its different for every "type" of girl