Mike

Explain why you decided to wait in 5 lines or less [for the book]

139 posts in this topic

I used to think I'm fine with pre-marital sex as long as we love each other, but then one day (recently) I just imagined the scenario that I had sex with someone and then we broke up, he becomes other woman's husband and I become other man's wife, one day we meet and I found it's kind of bizarre for me to do that. It's more painful when you have intimacy then break up. Besides, I'm non-religious but quite spiritual, I pursue mental and spiritual fulfilment rather than just physical pleasure. 

Mel, 21

1 person likes this

I found that after having sex with my third boyfriend, it was very difficult for me to emotionally detach myself from him--it took 7 years to completely get over him.  Later on, I had other experiences related to sex that were frightening for me that I didn't want to repeat. After that, at the age of 27, I made a promise to God that the next time I was sexually intimate with a man, it would be on my wedding night with my husband--my best friend and life partner. I learned the hard way that sex is not to be taken lightly and that although it can be beautiful, it can also bring about painful consequences and complications. So, my decision to wait is both faith-based and personal for me.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't like it if my future wife had sex with someone without thinking about how her future husband would feel so of course I'd give the same respect to her.

1 person likes this

Don't want to repeat my biological & adoptive parents' mistakes. I believe it's morally wrong to sleep with someone who isn't married to you. Not a Christian thing or anything... just my beliefs. The culture is too saturated with it.

I decided to wait because I view sex as the most intimate act that two people could possibly engage in, and that is something that I only ever want to experience with one woman. I've always been a romantic at heart and the idea of giving my wife something that is beautiful, and special, and entirely hers has always made me smile inside. I want to learn and explore the deepest of intimacies and most joyous of pleasures with only her, and only within the confines of marriage. I don't want what the world has, I want what God has for me. 

I did it because acts of intimacy are  important to me, and it takes extreme amounts of comfort to do them. Sexual things tale a lot of comfort and trust, and the level of comfort and trust it would take to marry someone is basically a perfect equivalent to that. If I am comfortable with someone enough to marry them, I am comfortable enough to do sexual stuff with them.

I wait not for religious reasons. To me, the act of sex is not just two bodies coming together but also two souls. I want to share my body, soul, and mind with someone I could trust every part of me with, and that to me would be my future husband. 

My reasons for waiting have changed over the years, though were always multi-faceted: emotional, spiritual, practical. I've always wanted to lose my virginity to my one future husband and father of my children. I view waiting until marriage as a sign of respect for yourself, your future spouse, and for others and their future spouses. True waiting does not harm another with retroactive jealousy nor haunt someone with regret over their history. Regardless of the end result, whether I get married or not, I find solace in knowing I am following the right path. There truly is peace in waiting.

3 people like this

10 hours ago, JLGrant10 said:

I wait not for religious reasons. To me, the act of sex is not just two bodies coming together but also two souls. I want to share my body, soul, and mind with someone I could trust every part of me with, and that to me would be my future husband. 

Your hat?

We just had the Kentucky Derby where I live and all the ladies wear "Derby" hats that look similar to yours. What was the occasion for your hat?

9 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Your hat?

We just had the Kentucky Derby where I live and all the ladies wear "Derby" hats that look similar to yours. What was the occasion for your hat?

It was for Run for the Roses event. A charity event hosted by a domestic violence non-profit group. The event was derby themed so all the men and women dressed up. 

I believe in the Virtue of Chastity. There is just so much peace and joy in being chaste. I am doing what I want my future husband to do. I love my future husband so dearly thats why I want to wait.

-Gema G. Cervantes, 16

Edited by Gema
Edit

At first my decision to wait was based on pleasing God and abstaining from premarital sex.  However as the years went by, it became part of who I was. Even if i wasn't sold out to christ i still won't thread that path, for I realised i just couldn't think of giving myself to anyone except my future hubby. That I started seeing other guys as thieves, when they get upset that i wanted a platonic relationship am in my mind am like i dont belong to you so why you getting upset over someone else's future wife.