Mike

Explain why you decided to wait in 5 lines or less [for the book]

139 posts in this topic

I decided early on around age 14. That I wanted to wait. I grew up religious and attend a religious school. I saw my parents struggle to make ends meet. Some of my friends were teen moms and bragging out how many people they slept with. I realized that sex is the most deepest form of intimacy that two humans do. I didn't want to share my body with anyone else but my husband. I want to learn together as a married couple with him. I wasn't really interested in sex when I was younger. Not even now, but I want to be able to share my body with a person who will stay with me forever.

8 people like this

I do not see the world in the way other people do.Most of the people in this world see sex as an activity meant for fun or pleasure but i don't see it that way.I would happily die virgin instead of having it for pleasure.

5 people like this

I was raised as a traditional roman catholic . I was taught that sex is a special gift you give your soulmate your one and only . I still believe that sex is so I choose to wtm . Stay pure until my wedding night . its not easy but I do it for me and my future husband. :) gloria 26

5 people like this

Agree with glorinha. I was raised as a Roman Catholic as well, and I believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong. I am saving myself mostly because of my religious beliefs.

2 people like this

One reason would be that, as I've seen in the relationships around me, starting a sexual relationship with someone brings a closeness that is very hard to forget once you brake up with that person( even for people who treat sex casually; we're not robots, we're people) and it's something you will bring along with yourself in all your future relationships. I don't want to bring that sort of baggage and not be able to fully enjoy my marriage.

4 people like this

Its way too Personal.  My family loves and respect me.  They raised me with good values.  My parents set an excellent example of what marriage is.  I respect and honor myself and I will marry the very worthy and divine that will respect me and honor me.  I rather keep my values personal.  Its a covenant I made with God, My family and most of all myself. 

People say that Waiters place too much importance on the act of sex. I think that today's sex-obsessed culture does just that.

I wait because I believe that sex is something important enough that I should wait for it, and yet unimportant enough that I am able to.

Maria, 16

3 people like this

I waited because I want more than just sex; I want a deep commitment. I don't take anything casually so it is hard for me to take relationships casually also. Also, I don't like where our society is headed, too many people have forgotten what marriage and sex are intended for. I don't want what the world has, I want what God wants for me.

3 people like this

I I decided to wait for a reason, I had a girlfriend that I always respected but she did not feel the same, she wanted to move to another level in the relationship and I refused because I did not want to betray the trust that her parentshad given me and she ended it all for that reason, since then decided to wait for the right person.

5 people like this

I choose to wait to avoid perpetually subconsciously compare my future wife with previous encounters. My logic tells me this is a good thing if for a lasting relationship! :D

3 people like this

4 words FEAR OF THE LORD..................

When I gave my life over to the lord I had to give up some things, not because I had to, but becasue I wanted to and I did not want any thing to get in the way of my relationship with GOD

2 people like this

I chose to wait because I believe that not waiting is disrespectful towards God, my future spouse, and myself.

4 people like this

Psalms 37! because God is so good I've just always wanted to put Him first and be blessed!

3 people like this

So if for some reason, someone asked me about how my husband is in bed and I can 100% accurately say "He's the best I've ever had" ;) 

10 people like this

I decided to have sex only in marriage because I want to give myself only to the most special person in my life, so that would be my future wife. Because giving is not only for her but it is also affects a lot about me too. So it is best that I stay very careful in giving and what I give. And I want my life to make it special as best as I could, live my life the way I want, and still believe in the truest, purest, deepest, and most natural way of love, first step is to wait until I'm married. Love first, sex comes later.

2 people like this

I decided to wait because, firstly God designed sex for one women to bond with one man and not multiple partners as is the case today. And secondly because its proven psychology that any human will compare if he/she is given many of the same type. It works out true in everything in life and no one can deny that. I don't want to ever compare my wife to anyone else. She's got to be my first and my best.

Hope that was short enough mike.. :)     

3 people like this

What I am going to say has nothing to do with religion. I'm a Christian but more like spiritual and free thinker. As for me sex is not a sin but when adultery is committed, IMO it is "wrong".

I decided to wait until marriage because I see sexuality within committed relationship.

It is a dream comes true if I could find a guy who is gonna be "my first and last". If people tell me I could never find one then I would reply "I only need one guy". I'm a hopeless romantic and wish to find a guy who shares the same belief as me.

Greetings, - Donna (22).

3 people like this

I decided to wait because i feel sex is one of the most amazing feelings a human being can experience. So why share that experience with more than one person. Besides, we as humans are programmed to compare everything in life including sex and that's something i don't ever want to do to my wife. 

Secondly i believe God gave sex to bond with one person in life and have kids with that person and not use contraceptives and have many sexual partners (which is the norm).

3 people like this

Joseph, I really loved your last response. I couldn't have said it better myself...it's exactly what I would have written. Thank you so much for sharing.

All my life I had hated the phrase"if you can't beat them,you'll join them" to me if you can't beat them, then stand out. I want to have a fulfilled marriage life built on trust and total commitment. I want to lead a virtous life and make a positive difference. I want to make my God proud. That's the reason am waiting.

4 people like this

Hi,

I am 31 years old black French woman living in England, I decided to be celibate because you gain a deeper connection when sex isn't involved, it gives you a clarity in what this person truly is. I personally think that the communication is better too.

Being celibate and still looking for the one can be hard at times because some people don't understand it. I can be a bit shy sometimes, I am kind, honest, I work with vulnerable children and also volunteer.

My life hasn't also been perfect , I have been through rough times as well as good times.

Life is beautiful, magic and precious.

Regards,

San.

I have never been very religious. But I am spiritual and I live my life on my own terms and conditions. I have decided to wait on principle. I believe love happens only once. I don't even take random chances just because someone likes me or I find someone attractive. I always try to talk and know that person. His beliefs, likes and dislikes, ethics and things he takes a stand for matter to me most. I haven't found the one I can love and respect at the same time, so never been in love. Said no to many guys. But I have no regrets. I will rather wait for the right one than be with someone who is not meant for me.