Mike

The WTM Book!

19 posts in this topic

Medium-sized announcement, everybody!

I'm writing a book on Waiting Till Marriage, and RedYellowBlue (aka OrangeGreenPurple) is going to illustrate it.  B)

We will need help from all of you to make this book really spectacular (kind of like a community book). For starters, you're going to see a some posts from me in the coming weeks that will pose specific questions about your experiences as a waiter-till-marriage.

Your answers to these special posts will help me build parts of the book (you'll see what I'm talking about later). If all goes well, many of you will probably end up with your own words somewhere in the published book. So watch for those posts! I'll try to mark them as "for the book" or something so you'll know.

I've also spoken to Ian about doing a section, and I'm going to round up the other successful waiters I know and try to get them to contribute as well. Hopefully AussieStig will come back around in time to get in on this too. 

So far I have 90% of the chapter outline done, and the first couple chapters written. My goal is to have the book done and one sale by the end of February. We'll see if that's realistic or not, but thus far progress has been pretty steady (I work on it every night).

When the book gets closer to done, I'll post the chapter outline so you can see what's already in it. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions for stuff you'd like to see, feel free to post them!

14 people like this

This sounds really neat! Is it going to be an ebook or are you going to get it printed/binded?

3 people like this

@Kailey - Yeah I'm excited! We'll do it as an eBook for iPad/Kindle/Nexus/whatever first, then if it sells well enough, we can get it physically printed. Usually, if an eBook sells well enough, some publisher will pick it up and publish the physical version for you.

4 people like this

I've been writing a sort of dating (mis)adventure book of sorts that kind of parallels the WTM movement.

Let me know the outline and if my services could be of any use.

4 people like this

Most exciting news I've heard on this site...ever probably, lol! I'm looking forward to do what I can to contribute to this project.

Oh and when you say RedYellowBlue (aka OrangeGreenPurple) is gonna illustrate it, will she be using ALL the colors of her name lol ;) ?

5 people like this

@Gil - Coooool! Yeah that sounds very usefully related. PM in your box. Plus maybe we can be book writing accountability partners now.  :lol:

@Sally - Me too! I think it's going to be cool.

@Mark - Haha I'll let RYB speak to the illustrations. I'm probably putting her on the spot by mentioning it at all. :lol:  But I'm guessing that adding color will complicate her workload by a billion-fold, so she'll probably do line drawings at least for the first edition. I'm sure we'll run some sketches by everybody along the way too. Of course, I suppose she could draw the lines and alternate between using red, green, and blue.  :superwaiter:

2 people like this

We'll do it as an iBook for iPad/Nexus/whatever first, then if it sells well enough, we can get it physically printed.

But, but, but.... but I have a KINDLE! I do not possess this iPad of which you speak! :( CreateSpace, anyone?

But yeah, I think that this is great news!!!! A book! Awesome! It is going to be aMaZiNg!

@WW - Haha it will work on the Kindle as well (I have a Kindle too!), and hopefully we can get it up in the Amazon.com store.

3 people like this

@AussieStig - I'm so glad you're back! I have a place set aside in the book outline for you (and our other successful waiters); hopefully you're up for it. Expect a PM in the near future with details.  B)

2 people like this

Haha, Im a little nervous, jsut because I want it to be as awesome as everyone on here is.

Ive decided to go with the humanoid designs, because that seems easier for me now. Im working on my first sketch now. Mark I might just add a little color just for you.

1 person likes this

@Mike - You can print books through a company called CreateSpace with Amazon. At CreateSpace, you can have the company print the book in paperback at relatively low prices. The paperbacks are well-produced and don't look cheap. Take a look. 

1 person likes this

Hey Mike, should I introduce a few of my sketches and see how the folks like it? :) we also need name suggestions!

2 people like this

Coming right up!I'll edit 'em into this post soon.

*edit.. itll be awhile, it must be as amazing as you all, and its quite difficult to achieve that!