Guest markb4

Pet Peeves regarding Guys

26 posts in this topic

Hey girls,

I think this is quite an important question to ask, so I ask it. What are your pet peeves regarding guys? I mean what are some actions or behaviors that guys do that really turn you off. It'd be great to know, so we guys can reassess ourselves for the better in our future marriage/relationships.

Trying to tell me what to do. I'm a grown woman and I don't even listen to my father.

Acting like they're God's gift to women.

and the one that rages me most. THINKING THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON A WOMAN!

1 person likes this

Hmm....I had a bf before (we were each other first bf/gf) and if I didn't seem really happy, he'd be like "Are you okay? Are you sure? Sally, you can tell me..." Ahhhh!! It was too much! It's like dude, I'm not like other girls, if something is wrong I will TELL you---stop asking me multiple times if I'm okay every time you ask---it just gets irritating.

I also hate when I can what talk to me when he's upset. I'm girlfriend. I'm the one person you can always come to

not letting me be witch my x did, he constantly wanted to be with me, which is sweet yes, i suppose he was just making sure i was defiantly his, but just like u guys us women need air, and alone time, we have to have time to spent with our friends and chill, not just be with u 24/7. that does not mean we don't enjoy your company, it just means "give me a break!" :angry:

Inappropriate jokes. I hate inappropriate jokes. I don't find them funny at all, and they are a real turn-off. I just hate it when guys are loud and crude. I also hate it when guys make derogatory comments towards women, whether they are jokes or not. But "pet-peeves" change with each guy. Like while I find guys who joke way too much to be annoying, I have met some guys who are genuinely funny so I don't mind if they joke around all the time (but not too inappropriately, of course.) And some guys call their girlfriends way too much because they are too overprotective and controlling, but I know one guy who calls his girlfriend just because he wants to hear her voice and to tell her that he misses her (even if they are only separated for a few hours.) So that's sweet. <3 Every guy is different, so it's hard to say one exact pet-peeve. But inappropriate and rude jokes I do not tolerate at all.

1 person likes this

Like Sophie, I'm not a huge fan of the repetitive derogatory comments, especially those aimed at women, even if they're just as jokes. I was just so bombarded with them growing up that it's become one of my turn-offs, I suppose. A loud, crude presence is also a let down for me-- I don't like to be the center of attention 24/7, nor do I feel comfortable being with the center of attention 24/7, lol.

But probably my biggest pet peeve (and this just goes for people in general) is when a guy thinks/knows that he is attractive/hot/amazing/all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips and flaunts it. When that happens, he completely drops off my radar. I like it when people don't take their gifts or talents for granted. Anything can happen to us at any moment where we might lose attributes or qualities that we once relied on or held dear. Ask anyone who's lost a limb, suffered severe burns, a freak accident, or succumbed to an early illness. I respect and admire gratitude and penitence in an ever changing world.

3 people like this

Thanks, ThatGuy!

it can be so easy to focus on talents/attributes/looks that we don't have.

So true. I have to constantly remind myself of that one. Sometimes I like to counter those feelings by taking a look at talents and attributes that I don't have and don't want. That usually makes me all the more thankful for what I do have. :lol:

Guys who hit girls. I don't care if its playful, it is not right for a guy to hit a girl.

And guys who expect girls to do everything. If a guy wants to go out with me, he better come to me.

And of course, guys who are too cocky.

1 person likes this

Being cocky, poor hygine, uses a curse word on every sentence, and financially irresponsible

1 person likes this

I think the biggest one is thinking that we, as women, are so mysterious. We like to have a little mystery,sure, but we're really not all that hard to understand, if you take the time to get to know who we are as an individual. I think this is true of any PERSON. Just get to know someone, especially if you like them.

2 people like this

When a guy is hot and cold. I want a guy to be direct about his intentions. I can't stand it when a guy will talk to you and want to hang out but a couple days later he won't give you the time of day. 

1 person likes this

When a guy acts like he know everything. Hotheadedness. I'm already a hothead (though I'm trying to work on that), so I need someone to even me out and not add fuel to the flames :D

Flirting

Romance

So, you prefer your love life to be stale? lol

1 person likes this

Poor dental hygiene (brush your teeth a minimum of once a day)

unkempt nails (nails should be clipped and maintained. I do not like men with long nails.)

cussing

self-centered

1 person likes this

Puns.

I tried to find ten really good puns that made me laugh, but no pun in ten did.

10 people like this

ಠ_ಠ

3 people like this

You better quit now or you'll be pun ished.

6 people like this

Be gentle, there's no need for anyone to get pun ched in the face.

I'll see myself out now.

5 people like this

Be gentle, there's no need for anyone to get pun ched in the face.

I'll see myself out now.

All this talk of leaving is so exiting.

1 person likes this

Acting like they're God's gift to women.

and the one that rages me most. THINKING THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON A WOMAN!

Men are God's gift to women as we are to men. Without the help from each other, it would be hard to survive.

What about the women putting their hands on men?

3 people like this

My pet peeves aren't focused specifically on men.... it's with both male and female.

1. Women thinking they can do anything a guy can do and better. And vice versa.

2. Men not being role models for the young. And vice versa.

3. People thinking that white lies aren't lies.

4. Women and men disrespecting their elders..... especially their parents.

5. People using the "I'm a grown woman or man" line when in fact they are just children in an adult body still trying to figure out the meaning to life.

6. Women that belittle men because they were hurt by one so they think all are horrible. And vice versa.

7. So many more but I'm too tired to keep typing.

5 people like this