Englishguy1988

what are you feelings on...

39 posts in this topic

Divorce - I am. I hate divorce. I have peace about mine and will not judge anyone else's. There is no room for abuse in a marriage...ever.

Abortion - I believe there is an alternative to abortion...adoption. 

Children - yes! I have 5! Three boys ( 26,22,19) and two girls ( 28, 13) 

I am expecting my first grand baby this December. :wub:      

1 person likes this

Divorce is my greatest fear, it's something I never want to go through, and everything I do is a way to prevent it. Mostly because I don't want my children to go through the same as I did with my parents, but also because I want my marriage to be what it's meant to be, "till death do us part"

Divorce;

I'm a firm believer in married for life. Till Death, ....

I believe in that biblical verse (Ephesians 5:31) that says;

And the two shall become one ...

So whatever difficulties we'd have and as I've posted here before, I'm sure we'd have our fair share.

As she's gonna have opinions, ideas, and motives that may not always mesh with my own.

But that doesn't mean we'd "give up", throw in the towel, walk away.

We'll have invested time, love, earnings, a lifestyle, a hope, a family and other things.

As Vince said above even if my wife committed adultery.

(AND SHE'S REMORSEFUL)

I'd probably try to seek some sort of counseling with her.

At least try to work it out, regain some sort of trust there.

It'd be difficult, maybe impossible, but I would try.

That's what Love does I believe, try.

And I don't think, well I'd never cheat on my wife so that wouldn't be an issue.

Abortion;

Well I'm certainly a pro-life person.

In certain instances though, I could see an abortion being necessary not a choice.

For instance if say in the case of like I saw once during clinicals in college.

There was this girl she was like 9 or 10 right.

She was victim of incest.

Now because biologically she was an pubescent, she became pregnant as a result of this.

It would've been cruel to ask her to and it posed great health risk for her to carry and deliver this child.

She deserved the opportunity to regain her life, and try to heal from that ordeal.

Now that's an extreme case.

But "normal" cases, of folks who treat abortion like it's a method of contraception, I'm totally against that!

Children;

Now I'm gonna be a bit funny here.

I've waited well into my adult life to share physical relationship with my wife.

I hope that whomever my wife is someday, that she feels the same way.

So we're gonna have our own little football team.

Hahaha

I'm kidding of course, I doubt we could afford such a family.

Probably somewhere between 2-4 would be ideal, no preference on gender, just ask that they're healthy.

And pray I can be the very best dad I can.

Love them, counsel them, coach them, lead them, provide for them, walk with, cry with, change those stinky diapers at 4am, drive to the store at 11pm to get Elmers glue to do a school project that my 9 year old falls off to sleep and I have to finish.

Then get up and go work.

Ah the joys of parent-hood!

I'd be the dad though with the Bill Cosby book and other guides to parenthood.

Sitting at the hospital in my uniform falling off to sleep, albeit with a huge smile!

Humming along to Philmore 'Worth the Wait'

3 people like this

Divorce:

I'm personally against divorce, but I do understand that there are scenarios where a divorce is almost inevitable. My older brother who is probably the closest person to me in my life went through a divorce as a result of infidelity and his wife having a child that wasn't his. I lived with him for about 7 years and nothing could've been more painful for him.

I would never want to get a divorce but if my wife cheated on me, I would honestly want to work it out first. I would ask myself how I contributed to her infidelity. I've never heard a case of infidelity arising from a wife who was happy with her marriage. I would try and understand it from her point of view first, and see where things can change. Maybe I wasn't around as much as I should've been? Maybe I didn't show her enough love or affection? Maybe I could've helped out more around the house and with the kids? I think if cheating were to continue then I would seek divorce, but I would want to try everything within my power to avoid that from happening. I also think abuse towards a child/spouse is also grounds for divorce. 

I know for a fact that my parents never had a great marriage. There were verbal arguments and nights where they slept in separate rooms, but 34 years have passed and they're still married. They will be the first to admit that marriage isn't easy but you don't just give up and quit because things get difficult or because of bad communication. You loved one another at one point and wanted to spend every waking moment with no one else. They made you want to be the best version of yourself. Far too many people today just throw in the towel when things turn bad and they forget that life isn't always rainbows and sunshine. Sometimes learning to love someone in the hard times is what makes your marriage stronger and gives you a deeper appreciation for what/who you have.

Abortion:

I am pro-life and struggle with that decision every day. My hopes are to become a doctor one day and performing and abortion is something that I WOULD NEVER DO! I think far too many people use it as a form of birth control and even in some of the cruelest and most disturbing scenarios, I just don't know if I could ever end a human life. Every child should have a chance to live life. If my wife and I were going to have a baby and we knew he/she was going to have some illness or some handicap or deformity, I would still love and care for that child all the days of my life. You don't just abandon a child because they don't meet your standards or expectations. Love has no requirements.

Children:

I would honestly love to have children someday, but the years keep passing and I just continue to grow older. My life will never be easy and sometimes the thought just keeps me from even trying to find a wife. I feel like there are so many things that I want to do in life that I just can't have it all. I would want to spend every waking moment with my wife and children and I would try my best to do so, but life always has other plans for us. Ideally, I would like to have 2-3 biological children as well as adopt 2 children. I believe in having a multiracial family as well so either my biological or adopted children, or both, would be of a different race.

1 person likes this

Divorce: Morally opposed to it but can't stop people from doing it.

Abortion: Morally opposed to it, but as a form of policy or law I'd say so long as the tax payer doesn't need to pay either way. You can't legislate morality, only liberty.

Children: I want at least one of my own.

Divorce: Divorce is not a joke. Your spouse is not a dress that you will wear and throw. But yes Sometime it is the only solution. 

Abortion: Pro life

Children: Minimum 4

Polygamy: Although I'm a Muslim but it is hardly acceptable but I think People should have a choice

On 10/21/2011 at 2:25 AM, Englishguy1988 said:

What are peoples feelings on divorce? Personally I hate divorce and I never want I get divorced ever.

What about Abortion? I am personally against it.

What about Children? I can't wait to be a dad (not that I would rush into it) and I hope I will be an amazing dad and I am always going to be there for my children and I will always have time for them, whether they want to talk about something or they want to do something together.

Thankyou for taking the time to answer theses questions.

-Aaron

hahaha! is this a feeler? lol

*answers post more than 5 years later* tehhehe

I see there was another waiter who replied who said she’s a Catholic, so am I, so yes, the questions are definitely already answered. Lol. J

Divorce- I am against it. I feel it is essential for a couple to build a foundation of a relationship, hopefully first set in friendship, before ever getting married. Marriage is such a beautiful thing, especially between two people who are in love (and better yet, if their relationship/marriage revolves around God, that’s truly spectacular). With that being said, marriage isn’t something that can be thrown away so easily. If people are having issues, they should work them out, not take some cheap way out and divorce. It’s crazy seeing Hollywood folks get married a million times and divorce a million more. You shouldn’t be married in the first place if you think you can just divorce someone so easily and call it a day. That’s despicable. This is why there needs to be a strong foundation (hopefully) friendship first so both parties know their own desires and wants, as well as the other’s.

Abortion- I am against it. I personally believe sex in the first place should be between a married couple, especially a couple who actually plan to have and want children. (Yes, I know there are other scenarios such as rape, among other things, but that is another discussion within itself.) I personally feel that if two people are to have sex, it’s their responsibility for the consequences. To be blunt, don’t have sex if you don’t want children. It’s sad to watch couples who struggle to get pregnant and have kids, while others have abortions all the time like it’s no big issue. Every soul, every child has the potential for greatness and love. That should never be denied, especially to a vulnerable population who cannot speak for themselves.

Children- Granted if marriage is in God’s plan for me, I would absolutely love to have children and grow the family. I would daydream of my future husband and I teaching our children about our great God and just loving them the way my parents, family, and God has and continues to love me, in hopes that one day they will love and treat others with respect unconditionally.

Cheers!

Divorce I don't agree with it i believe people should know eachother really well before marrying and not look to celebrities as role models. I think it damages the children. Sometimes the couple grow apart. But i dont know if that means they should divorce later when children are adults. I also think it makes sense not to have sex with anyone you don't share these values with and that's why i am here hoping to find someone of similar values and glad most are against divorce

abortion i am a man and I don't know it's not my body and that brings me to the next one

children i love them but I don't see myself raising any of my own

So how to stop from having children or the abortion question don't go all the way I don't even want piv anyways so what kind of woman is out there who doesn't want to ride the carousel and also doesn't want her own children? Lol

Divorce- I really only believe in it for infidelity.

Abortion- I am pro-life. I am a bastard, and my mother could of had an abortion. I am against abortion in all cases. When a woman's life is on the line, you treat the woman, regardless of what happens to the child.

Children- since I was young I wanted a little tribe. I come from a family of 4, but 3 were only ever in the same house at the same time. But now I am not as sure as I used to be. Trump's election makes it seem more reasonable. If HRC had one, I think that it might just of been best to hold off on kids.

1 person likes this

Divorce : of course nobody likes it ... But i'm not that much against divorce . when i look at the history , women have always been abused and betrayed  By their husbends , And because they didn't have financial and emotional support to divorce and start again , they were kindaa forced to continue their miserable life. even nowadays , in some rural and poor parts of my country and other 3rd world countries , it s like this :( (i m analysing this question from my point of view and my perspective)

However , what we see nowadays in developed countries as divorce rate , is really sad and i don t like it either! I should also mention that divorce rate in my country is terrible and stunning ... Average of divorce rate in the world is 1 for 7 while in Iran it s 1 in 5 :((

Abortion : i m against it unless the foetus has very severe conditions and will suffer for the rest of his life :(

Children : not a big fan of them hah . maybe cuz i have a lots of them around me(nieces ,nephews,cousins....). Maybe just 1 ...

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2011 at 4:25 AM, Englishguy1988 said:

What are peoples feelings on divorce? Personally I hate divorce and I never want I get divorced ever.

What about Abortion? I am personally against it.

What about Children? I can't wait to be a dad (not that I would rush into it) and I hope I will be an amazing dad and I am always going to be there for my children and I will always have time for them, whether they want to talk about something or they want to do something together.

Thankyou for taking the time to answer theses questions.

-Aaron

Divorce: Christianity has no mechanism of divorce. Jesus himself said that from the beginning no man could break apart a union brought by God.

It's been popular to claim that adultery is valid for divorce but that isn't biblical. The only exception Christ gave was fornication, meaning your wife/husband presented themselves as a virgin when they were not. Some perverted preachers decided to take authority where they had none since they whored themselves out in marriage and wanted to be "right" with God. Instead of repenting they chose to be ashamed of God's word. People like that will be viewed with shame by the Son of Man.

Aren't fornication and adultery synonyms? No.

Abortion: Murder. Disgusting.

Children: I plan on having many. Hopefully God blesses me with them. :lol:

So I have posted in here before but I want to update my previous answers. 

Divorce

I would wish to be married till death do us part, although if she wanted to file for divorce I wouldn't want to turn it into a very long, and hurtful legal battle. I would never go into marriage with the mindset that things would one day come to an end. Far too many people today just throw in the towel when things turn bad and they forget that life isn'the always rainbows and sunshine. Sometimes learning to love someone in the hard times is what makes your marriage stronger and gives you a deeper appreciation for what/who you have. 

I personally would never want to divorce, even in the event of infidelity. I am very forgiving and could handle my wife cheating on me with another man, I could even handle her having a child with another man if she was truly sorry and regretted the incident. I would still support and raise that child as my own, and love them no less than the rest of my children. The only way would be if she filed for divorce. 

Abortion

I am pro-life and struggle with that decision every day. My hopes are to become a doctor one day and performing and abortion is something that I WOULD NEVER DO! I think far too many people use it as a form of birth control and even in some of the cruelest and most disturbing scenarios, I just don't know if I could ever end a human life. Every child should have a chance to live life. If my wife and I were going to have a baby and we knew he/she was going to have some illness or some handicap or deformity, I would still love and care for that child all the days of my life. You don't just abandon a child because they don't meet your standards or expectations. Love has no requirements.

Children

I would want to spend every waking moment with my wife and children and I would try my best to do so, but life always has other plans for us. Ideally, I would like to have 2-3 biological children as well as adopt 2 children. I believe in having a multiracial family as well so either my biological or adopted children, or both, would be of a different race.