Englishguy1988

what are you feelings on...

39 posts in this topic

What are peoples feelings on divorce? Personally I hate divorce and I never want I get divorced ever.

What about Abortion? I am personally against it.

What about Children? I can't wait to be a dad (not that I would rush into it) and I hope I will be an amazing dad and I am always going to be there for my children and I will always have time for them, whether they want to talk about something or they want to do something together.

Thankyou for taking the time to answer theses questions.

-Aaron

2 people like this

What are peoples feelings on divorce? Personally I hate divorce and I never want I get divorced ever.

What about Abortion? I am personally against it.

What about Children? I can't wait to be a dad (not that I would rush into it) and I hope I will be an amazing dad and I am always going to be there for my children and I will always have time for them, whether they want to talk about something or they want to do something together.

Thankyou for taking the time to answer theses questions.

-Aaron

Divorce: I'm against divorce and I think too many people rush to it these days. I can understand if the cause of divorce is like spousal abuse/infidelity or something like that, but "irreconciliable differences", I think, can be reconciled.

Abortion: I'm against it.

Children: I'm not against children, lol ;) . No, I would like to have children one day, but it's a bit farther away in my life. I'm more looking for my wife atm.

1 person likes this

i don't like devorce, i dont like abortion and i would like 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl, i think :D

Hi Aaron!

Well, I'm Catholic, so I suppose that answers the questions, in a way!

I don't agree with divorce, because I believe you can't just "unmarry" someone, and I think that people rush into it too quickly nowadays. I would absolutely hate to get divorced, which I guess is yet another reason to WTM: much lower chance of divorce! My parents and all my friend's parents are still married, but I've seen my cousin going through a divorce. He only gets to see his daughter twice a week or so. That'd be hell if that ever happened to me, I think.

I'm Pro Life. I've heard too many stories about babies born early at 22 weeks and doctors trying their best to save them, while elsewhere there's a baby aborted at 22 weeks left to die in a corner somewhere. And I've even heard about babies born before 24 weeks, and doctors refusing to "waste" time saving them, arguing that if they're born that early, it's a miscarriage. I reckon that's what happens when people start deciding who should live and who should die. And it's always the most innocent in our society who suffer the most.

As for children, I'm an only child, so I know from experience that it's pretty lonely sometimes. So I would want a minimum of 2 children, maximum of...well, I'll just have to see how many come along, won't I? One of my best friends has seven brothers and a sister. And her mother...I swear, you've never seen a woman with a bigger smile!

xxx

Hi Aaron!

Well, I'm Catholic, so I suppose that answers the questions, in a way!

I don't agree with divorce, because I believe you can't just "unmarry" someone, and I think that people rush into it too quickly nowadays. I would absolutely hate to get divorced, which I guess is yet another reason to WTM: much lower chance of divorce! My parents and all my friend's parents are still married, but I've seen my cousin going through a divorce. He only gets to see his daughter twice a week or so. That'd be hell if that ever happened to me, I think.

I'm Pro Life. I've heard too many stories about babies born early at 22 weeks and doctors trying their best to save them, while elsewhere there's a baby aborted at 22 weeks left to die in a corner somewhere. And I've even heard about babies born before 24 weeks, and doctors refusing to "waste" time saving them, arguing that if they're born that early, it's a miscarriage. I reckon that's what happens when people start deciding who should live and who should die. And it's always the most innocent in our society who suffer the most.

As for children, I'm an only child, so I know from experience that it's pretty lonely sometimes. So I would want a minimum of 2 children, maximum of...well, I'll just have to see how many come along, won't I? One of my best friends has seven brothers and a sister. And her mother...I swear, you've never seen a woman with a bigger smile!

xxx

As an only child as well, I agree with you. I'd want at least 2 children, so they can have that partner, companion, friend for life :) .

I think if I was ever forced to get a divorce (your spouse can divorce you without your consent after being separated a certain amount of years) I would never date or marry again because I belive once your married they will always be your wife so dating, for me at least, after a divorce would be cheating and I hate people who cheat, if that makes sense? It does in my mind.

I have always wanted a big family because I love children so much and I have always wanted to have a happy family homely environent for my children. It must of been really lonely being am only child, I'm the eldest of 4, all of them brothers, my youngest brother was born 3 week prematurely when I was 18, and he was so tiny and so cute... But all babies are.

I'm compleatly against abortion to the point of if my wife cheated on me and got pregnant I wouldn't want her to even consider an abortion, and if the babys' father didn't want to know them then I would raise the baby as our own but even if he did want to know his child they would still be apart of the family and I would still love them as my own child. I know that probably makes me sound weird but the baby would have done nothing wrong, so why should an innocent child have to suffer?

-Aaron

DIVORCE- I hope when I marry that it lasts but, if my husband cheats or lays his hands on me he's on me on I'm gone.

ABORTION- Plain in and simple. Unless you knew your baby was gonna born with a disease that was gonna for sure kill them then ok but, if not it's murder and i think anyone who does this should go to jail. They're a murderer.

KIDS- I don't want kids. I love them and God knows I'll do anything for my godson but, I don't want my kids. There are to many health issues in my family and I couldn't live with myself if my child ended unhealthy.

Divorce I hope if ever I marry that it will last till death do us part,but I know there are situations where things don't work out and divorce is the best option for everyone involved. It's my opinion that many people rush into marriage without thinking or that marriage is supposed to be some happily every after story with you and your spouse never facing any type of challenge or never needing to change or compromise.

Abortion I don't think I could ever have one myself and I hope I am never in a situation where I would consider it. It's just sad all the way around. Sad for the baby that never gets to be born. Sad for the women who feels she has no other choice or in some cases is forced into it. Sad for the guy to if he wants the baby and his girl doesn't. It's just sad.

Children. I think kids are amazing. I have taught and cared for some wonderful little people and feel pretty lucky that I was given the chance to be with them a little while help them grow, and I know I've grown as a person caring for them. All that said kids are tough they can make you laugh and want to rip your hair out bit by bit. There are days I smile just to keep from having a break down. I don't know if I could do it full time.

Op, do you mind if I add another topic to the mix? What are your feelings on marriage? Should it only be between a man and woman? Limited to just two people?

Personally, I am against polygamy and I am on the fence about same-sex marriage.

I too am compleately undecided about same sex marriage and I can't decide one way or another.

To me marriage should only be between 2 people and if anyone else involved it is CHEATING and I would never accept cheating in a marriage; I don't think I could ever forgive my wife if she cheated, cheating makes me feel physically sick even if it is just on tv or in a book, but at the same time I'm compleatly against divorce so I don't know what I would do if my wife cheated. I also don't see how you could trust someone who breaks your wedding vows (foresake all others). As you can probably tell believe trust is extreamly important in a marriage so that's why I would never accept more than 2 people in a marriage.

-Aaron

Good set of questions....

I'm VERY against divorce, with the one Biblical exception being infidelity. That's it.

Same stance on abortion, against it in EVERY situation bar none. Even the most heinous acts do not justify murdering an innocent child.

I do want children one day, however like others said I am more in the stage of looking for a wife at this point! B) With that said, I will be happy with whatever the Lord blesses me with but if I had my 'druthers at this point I would say 3 or 4 :)

1 person likes this

For those 100% against abortion what do you think should be done for a 9 or 10 year old girl who becomes pregnant through abuse. A pregnancy at this age could kill the little girl or cause serious complications. On the other hand there is the possible emotional trauma of having an abortion in addition to everything else.

What about divorce in cases of abuse? What if both parties have tried their hardest to make it work and things aren't should they stay in something toxic and raise any potential children they may have in a hateful environment?

I am not as conservative or religious as I think many here might be and things aren't always so black and white. There are times I wish I lived in a perfect world where I didn't have to think about this.

Hey Bethe!

Gosh, we're getting awfully controversial questions on this site...

For those 100% against abortion what do you think should be done for a 9 or 10 year old girl who becomes pregnant through abuse. A pregnancy at this age could kill the little girl or cause serious complications. On the other hand there is the possible emotional trauma of having an abortion in addition to everything else.

Hmm...I definitely think they should do everything they can do to save the baby: it's not their fault how they were conceived. I'm not a doctor, but could they perhaps keep monitoring the mother, maybe try and get her to carry the baby as long as she can without putting herself at risk...Obviously, if the mother dies, the baby dies, so they have to save the mother no matter what, but if she could carry the baby at least 24 weeks or so, then the baby would have at least a chance of surviving...hmm, difficult one.

What about divorce in cases of abuse? What if both parties have tried their hardest to make it work and things aren't should they stay in something toxic and raise any potential children they may have in a hateful environment?

Hmm...There's two aspects of marriage: you've got the legal side of marriage, and the spiritual side. When you get a divorce, the spiritual side still stands: it's just the legal side that's over. If there's a serious reason why you can't stay in a relationship with someone, then of course you can get a divorce to sort out money, property and whatnot....But, you're still spiritually married, till death does you part. That's a difficult one too...

Good questions. I only wish the world was more straightforward...

xxx

Divorce: as Dodgedude said "with the one Biblical exception being infidelity. That's it." otherwise no.

Abortion: no. except in cases of rape or incest.

Children: yes. 1-3. and this I look forward to! can't wait♥

1 person likes this

My views on Divorce and Abortion are similar. Both are horrible things to be avoided if possible. But I recognize that we live in an imperfect world and as humans sometimes make bad decisions. Sometimes they are a necessary evil that will bring about a greater good.

As for children, I'm the eldest of ten. I would never want a family that big, but I look forward to the day we have kids.

Rogue

I'm studying to be a family and marrage consaler so of courses I don't agree with devorce I think if pepole actuly get help there marrag can be save I wish more pepole would seek help. I cant stand abortion thers never any reson to obort even if your not redy for a chiled there are billions of woulderful family who want to adopt but never get the chance why kill a baby when there's someone out there is preying for hin or her not to mench can you live with your self aftwrwords? (I still don't agree with it in he case of rape but I understan in that case it would not think less of them) I want 3 kids trust me I could rant on about why 3 is the perfect nuber of kids but to save you patientce I'm leving it at im I'm apsalutly stuck on 3 for many resons ^_^

P.s. sorry the post above was a glitch. :)

Excellent set of questions Bethe. I realize that things aren't always black and white and thats what makes these issues so darn controversial lol! Honestly with divorce...I look at it from my end that I would not opt for a divorce unless my wife was not faithful. I would hope that I can find a wife who feels the same and that we would have a loving marriage but I know thats not always the case. I agree with another poster about the spiritual side though...very difficult question to answer.

With abortion, I think every thing possible should be done to save the baby in every circumstance...even in the case of a 10 year old girl. The baby did nothing wrong. Now if the 10 year old girl's life is in jeopardy and push comes to shove and there's no way for the mother and child to be saved....that's another story.

marriage is forever. i absolutely do not believe in divorce. 

about abortion.........

i have given this a lot of contemplation. and i have come to the conclusion that i am against it. why? because rights and responsibilities go hand in hand.

Very interesting questions.

On Divorce - In certain circumstances such as infidelity or spousal abuse I would seek a divorce. If it was more of a case where we were having a difficult patch in our marriage then I would do everything in my power to get things back on track.

On Abortion - I am pro-life.

On Children - I love children and can not wait to be a mother!

1 person likes this

If you want a divorce get one, don't want one, then don't get one. It's not anyone else's business on whether or no someone wants a divorce.

100% pro choice, but I don't like when people use it as a form of birth control. I only support it to save the mothers life, and rape. People who force a woman to keep a baby of rape are just too backwards.

And I do not care for young children.

Divorce: Obviously I would get a divorce if abuse was involved. Other than that, I believe marriage is sacred and requires the utmost level of commitment. Even though it would be extremely difficult and trying, I would still want work at the marriage even if she cheated on me, especially if she was remorseful and wanted to work things out. It will take a long time before I would even consider trusting her again, but I wouldn't necessarily throw the marriage away after she cheated once. I understand that most cheaters are likely to do it again, but I feel like it's worth it to try to preserve the marriage. But if she does cheat again, then that will be the end of it.

Abortion: I used to be against except to save the mother's life. But thinking it through, I am now 100% pro-life. To make an exception for life of the mother would imply that the mother's life is more valuable than the child's life. I think that view is inconsistent with the essence of being pro-life. In addition, there are many cases where the doctors are wrong and the mother survives anyways so there's always a chance both will survive. You kill the child, one person dies for sure.

Children: I LOVE children! I know it's strange for a guy to be so giddy about kids, but I can't wait to be a father! I also can't wait to make kids too ;)

1 person likes this

Abortion: I used to be against except to save the mother's life. But thinking it through, I am now 100% pro-life. To make an exception for life of the mother would imply that the mother's life is more valuable than the child's life. 

I don't think it implies this. I just think that the mother, who's living a life and has lived a life outside of the womb, and is already connected to many people, including her husband, and perhaps other children if she has any, is more justified to be saved. That doesn't mean that her life is more valuable.

That said, I'm also pro-life. But when it comes to saving the mother's life, I'm OK with abortion. 

-For me. Yes. If there are differences which cannot be reconciled after extensive effort and there is cheating. If my marriage is constantly making me angry then sure. But I would NEVER let my marriage become like that. Hence, I will marry a woman I LOVE. I wont settle for a woman that is not my type because that will ruin the marriage.

-Abortion should not be used as birth-control. When people screw, they should be aware of the risks. If the abortion is for the health of the mother or to prevent a birth from incest or rape etc then it is fine.

-1 to 3 kids. Depending on how much time we can have. In my marriage, I wanna have fun with my wife. If we can have fun while having children then yes. Also, I'll use my family member's houses for the kids to visit so we can when they are gone......tables....backyard...living room...roof...car hood...car roof...hehe..... ;):P

1. I don't believe in divorce unless there was physical/emotional/verbal abuse towards the children or spouse or

adultery. Apart from those, I think anything can be worked out.

2. IMO, abortion is never the answer.

3. I love kids! I'd like to have a big family someday.
1 person likes this

Divorce--against it

Abortion---against it--I was one of those that the doctor advised my parents to abort---and they said no.

children--totally want them!