Whisper

A Message To Christian's From a Girl

17 posts in this topic

Saw this and thought it was interesting. Nice choice of music, though her timing is a little weird. Discuss.

4 people like this

It was good very accurate and sorry I just clicked on this cause I saw message to all Christians.

i agree with this for the most part but i have to say no its not our job to save people only christ can but you should still witness to people the truth. if they dont believe it then theres nothing more you can do, that is our job as christians to spread the truth and not shove it down peoples throats. you are to love one another not judge but in the end it will be up to God to judge each one of us equally and i hope and pray that everyone will come to know the truth and believe. the only thing i feel is that i get the feeling she means that everyone will get to heaven no matter your belief and thats just not the case because if you deny christ then you wont make it to heaven. God loves us all but he doesnt love sin but denying christ after what he has done at the cross and being the son of God, denying that truth is very unwise. we have all sined and have done things that are not glorifying to God and it pains God to see people not realizing their sin. nobody is sinless, only Christ is sinless, thats why his sacrifice paid for our sin debt in full, being Christ like means that you strive to not sin and love everyone no matter what theyve done or said. Christ loves us but that doesnt mean he doesnt see the sin in our lives as well but we have to own up to that sin and confess it to him. any decision youve made in the past no matter what it is, God will not hold it against you as long as you repent for it, it will be wiped clean and all will be forgiven. but you have to ask the lord jesus into your heart and acknowledge him for who he is and what hes done for you and ask for forgiveness, thats the only way. also im sorry for anyone who got affended by reading this before i edited it, i realize i was casting judgment on certain people and im sorry, im not the one to say whats right or wrong only God can decide that. please accept my deepest apologies thank you.

Wow Country, just wow. I have absolutely no words.

So you're saying that if I'm born poor, I shouldn't try and get out of there, make something of myself because God intended me to be poor and I am damned if I don't stay that way? What about if I was supposed to die of cancer but I was saved by modern medical technology? It was obviously God's will for me to get cancer and die, how dare I be healed? Right?

A here, the female half of Whisper.

Just as a note, offended not affended.

First off, I'm from Canada. Aka, the multicultural society (not a melting pot), and gay marriage is legal. Continuing on...

Perhaps, it would have been better to keep this view to yourself, as be warned a lot of people will be offended. However, I would like to respond to what you have to perhaps give you a different perspective.

I myself am Catholic. A couple of years before and you would have found me acting as the girl in the video acted before she realized what she realized. I used to despise people who were gay or lesbian- as I was under the impression that was bad according to the bible. However, my views radically changed. I had a friend in highschool; he was gay. I disliked him. But then it hit me: why do I hate him? because a 2000 year old book told me to? Is that fair? Is that really what being a Catholic is? No!

The fact of the matter is this is the 21st century. We can't go living by ways of old; what makes Christianity the top of all religions? what of all the thousands of years human kind existed before it? But not following the bible doesn't make you a bad person. One can be equally caring and kind and generous and loving without ever having followed God, just as much as anyone who does. For example, one may only look to the Dalai Lama- compassion and love are a fundamental part of his teachings. Love is universal, no matter what religion you come from. Why should only a man and woman experience this? Everyone, no matter their orientation or other things some consider "sinful" deserve love. God in this religion, after all, is love.

Christian does not equal good; good does not equal Christian. Truth does not necessarily mean the bible, and the bible does not necessarily mean truth. Yes, it contains a lot of things that lead to a "good" life, ie the commandments and the beatitudes. If you wish, consider the golden rule (I'm sure you know it well); almost every religion has it in almost the same wording, "Respect others as you would respect yourself".

I have merely gotten tired of feeling hate towards others for no particular reason. I took up philosophy instead. Ignorance is NOT bliss; therefore never be caught ignorant, even if the truth hurts.

1 person likes this

So you're saying that if I'm born poor, I shouldn't try and get out of there, make something of myself because God intended me to be poor and I am damned if I don't stay that way? What about if I was supposed to die of cancer but I was saved by modern medical technology? It was obviously God's will for me to get cancer and die, how dare I be healed? Right?

ok first off again i apologize for what i said before, i commited a sin by casting judgement on certain people, to answer your questions, so if you were born poor then God would help you get out of that financial trouble because he will never let us starve if we believe and trust in him to supply our needs. when you believe and trust he will always turn bad things around for our good and sometimes bad situations lets us see something about ourselves that we didnt know we had like courage and strength for just an example. ok you next question kinda has two sides to it, if you have cancer you should go to the father first and see what his answer is if you should seek treatment or not. if it is in the lords will for you to be healed then you will be whether its by medicine or by him. however sometimes if its not in his will for you to be healed then hes keeping you from experiancing something much worse later on by taking you home early. God knows what all our futures consist of and will be there with you until its time to call you home. God knows everything that has happened and will happen, theres a reason he lets bad things happen. but i cant answer that but God can in his word and and by talking to him, listening, and walking with him and trusting him.

I think you're really twisting what he said he. Where did he say that God intends people to be poor and that it's a sin to try and escape poverty. Where did he say that God wants people to have cancer, and it's a sin to use medicine to get better? I don't know any Christian who would believe something like that.

I myself am Catholic. A couple of years before and you would have found me acting as the girl in the video acted before she realized what she realized. I used to despise people who were gay or lesbian- as I was under the impression that was bad according to the bible. However, my views radically changed. I had a friend in highschool; he was gay. I disliked him. But then it hit me: why do I hate him? because a 2000 year old book told me to? Is that fair? Is that really what being a Catholic is? No!

I'm confused. You say you're Catholic, but you consider the Bible to be just "a 2000 year old book" and nothing more? Also, you're right, we're not supposed to hate anyone. We're called to hate the sin, but love the sinner.

The fact of the matter is this is the 21st century. We can't go living by ways of old; what makes Christianity the top of all religions? what of all the thousands of years human kind existed before it?
Truth does not necessarily mean the bible, and the bible does not necessarily mean truth. Yes, it contains a lot of things that lead to a "good" life, ie the commandments and the beatitudes. If you wish, consider the golden rule (I'm sure you know it well); almost every religion has it in almost the same wording, "Respect others as you would respect yourself".

Again, I'm confused. You say you're Catholic, but you don't believe that your religion is true, or that the Bible is the inspired word of God.

But not following the bible doesn't make you a bad person. One can be equally caring and kind and generous and loving without ever having followed God, just as much as anyone who does.
Christian does not equal good; good does not equal Christian.

Of course. You can call yourself a Christian but be a horrible person, and you can be an atheist and be kind and loving.

Love is universal, no matter what religion you come from. Why should only a man and woman experience this? Everyone, no matter their orientation or other things some consider "sinful" deserve love. God in this religion, after all, is love.

You know, the Catholic Church has never said that it's wrong for two men to love each other. It's never wrong to love. But there are a lot of types of love. You can love your spouse, and your family member, and your friends, and just other people in general. Four different types of love. You don't express the love you have for your family members or friends by having sex with them. Sexual love is a very specific kind of love. Sex is an expression of love that's faithful, freely given, indissoluble and open to life. That's why it's wrong to have sex to someone you're not married to; you're not in an indissoluble relationship where you've promised to be together for the rest of your lives. Rape, prostitution, or trying to manipulate someone into having sex is all wrong because it isn't freely given. Having a threesome or an affair is wrong, because it's not faithful. Using contraception or doing any kind of sexual activity that isn't open to life, including between members of the same sex, is wrong.

I have merely gotten tired of feeling hate towards others for no particular reason.

That's great. You're not supposed to hate anyone as a Christian. If you're a Christian and you hate someone, then you're doing it wrong. Christians are called to love others.

xxx

3 people like this

thank you jegsy but i want to clarify that i am at fault as well, i made some wrong judgements on gays and other peoples choices and calling them sins and really its not my place to say that. i just want to take responsibility for my actions and for what i said and truly apologize, i was wrong to say those things, i asked the lord for forgiveness for my judgement, now im asking all who have been hurt by it for forgiveness because i was out of line.

3 people like this

I have never hated anyone in my life or thought of myself as better than other people because I am Catholic. I just feel like others are missing out, but I don't try and convert people, it just isn't my style. There are many ways to spread Jesus' message and one of them is to just be kind and caring in all that you do, so that your life is an example of how Jesus treated others. Other people have different gifts and are able to go out and talk to people and that is great too. I feel like my gifts are to be loving/nurturing to everyone like Jesus was-I am a teacher after all ;)!

1 person likes this

Ok where did he say that it's a sin for trying to get better from being sick? Unless he said that before the edit.

BTW this video speaks great volumes. I admit that at first, I was judgemental. Then looking at myself, I saw that I was also in sin. One thing I've learned is that the law was written not because God expects us to follow it perfectly 100%, but the purpose of the law was to make sin in us known. I agree with a lot of what countryboy said, I beleive that we are to be witnesses of God and nothing else. Many believers make the mistake of trying to persuade non-believers and jump into a friutless debate about creationism vs evolution and it really gets you no where. Our main focus of ministry is to share our testimony and the good news of the gospel, and it should stay only at that.

I think you you're all right but I think you have to remember or learn if you haven't before the difference between being judgemental and being judicial jumental is that person is so horrible cause they're gay they're going to hell. Being judicial is knowing it is wrong but still loving the person, I know what is wrong but I don't have to judge it's not about being better but knowing better. I would also like to clarify judgement is what cause different degrees of sin with people but if you're really judicial all sins are equal homosexuality since where on the subject is equal to murder, but murder is also equal to a lie or passing judgement.

2 people like this

I don't really want to get involved in an argument, i just want to say that i loved the video! :3

2 people like this

@Jegsy - ya, I'm Catholic; go to church every Sunday, went to a Catholic elementary school and high school - I'm well aware of the importance of the Bible (Revelations is my favourite chapter). However, I can only take it seriously to a point, where I have many more physics and math textbooks to go read and learn for tomorrow's lecture. If it helps, I am an agnostic-theist. 

Nonetheless, it's a good video.

Say what you want about the video iEmanuella seems like a very driven Godly woman. I've seen a lot of her videos and she's doing a good job spreading the word.

She's a waiter and Israeli!