LookingForTheOne

"Ask a successful waiter" (If they're OK with it, of course!)

19 posts in this topic

First, a warm "thank you" to the successful waiters on this forum, Ian, Jennifer and (I think) AussieStig. (AussieStig has not been around lately, but I think he is married now.) I look up to all of you and have found your stories and advice to be very good and inspirational.

Now, I got this idea when thinking of Jegsy Scarr's "Ask a Catholic" thread, in Religious Topics. I felt that it might be helpful to have a similar thread for those who have successfully waited until marriage (if, of course, said successful waiters are OK with it; if not, that's fine, too).

8 people like this

Funny you should mention it! I've been talking to Jenn and Ian about this (Jenn sent me the suggestion in the first place, actually), and hopefully we're going see a dedicated "Ask a successful waiter" site feature in the first half of this year.

But until then, it would be great to get some initial questions handled in this thread!

8 people like this

Funny you should mention it! I've been talking to Jenn and Ian about this (Jenn sent me the suggestion in the first place, actually), and hopefully we're going see a dedicated "Ask a successful waiter" site feature in the first half of this year.

But until then, it would be great to get some initial questions handled in this thread!

Great! So I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this, and the successful waiters have (apparently?) given the green light on it. :D

@LookingForTheOne - Yep, last I checked with Ian and Jenn, they're just waiting on me! I'm going to get the section running as soon as I can, but there are a couple things I have to get out of the way first. Like I'll probably finish my "light" 2013 site redesign first, because if I build the AASW feature before I do the redesign, I'll have to redo the feature after the redesign, and I don't like duplicating effort.

Fortunately, if you're looking for more content from successful waiters, there's some for you in the mean time. Jenn's new Jealousy FAQ just went up this past weekend, and (hopefully, I haven't asked them yet), Jenn and Ian will both be contributing some insight to our first major project of the year (look for a bigger announcement on that later). :P

Plus maybe we can get a sticky thread started for asking questions of successful waiters. It would be nice to have some questions to start with when I go to build the official site feature.

1 person likes this

this is a great idea its crossed my mind as well and probably more that we could have you know tips and insight from successful waiters . and u know i was thinking with mikes little video it would be great if we could have video if their interested in making them as well as text responses just because i feel it make more of a connection to people and may open so doors for people who are considering waiting which i think is how a lot of people end up on this sight is they making the disunion and are looking for some positive enforcement on the waiting tell marriage side of the argument and their isn't as many resources for are side sometime it would seem.

1 person likes this

I just saw this, and yes, I'd like to confirm that I'm totally on board with this idea! :)

I'd love to contribute.

5 people like this

I just saw this, and yes, I'd like to confirm that I'm totally on board with this idea! :)

I'd love to contribute.

Thank you!! :)

1 person likes this

Yeah, I think something for the so called "veterans" would be a good idea. Especially as this forum gets older and the original members get older and get married. 

1 person likes this

Yeah, I think something for the so called "veterans" would be a good idea. Especially as this forum gets older and the original members get older and get married. 

Well, hopefully get married.

I am a successful Waiter and a Newlywed!!! Go for it I'd love to share because I remember all the fears, and worries, and questions and things I was just plain curious about that I couldn't go around asking and was def. to shy to hear! So yes ask away!!!!! :DDD

2 people like this

Congrats on getting married, I bit embarrassed but I am 27 and still a virgin. I of course had some relationships in high school but nothing serious. What advice would you give on trying to meet a girl.I do work so it's hard to meet people and I don't like online dating as it's impersonal and has many dangers. I'm a strict non smoker non drinker and don't do drugs. I was brought up a hindu. 

I am a successful Waiter and a Newlywed!!! Go for it I'd love to share because I remember all the fears, and worries, and questions and things I was just plain curious about that I couldn't go around asking and was def. to shy to hear! So yes ask away!!!!! :DDD

1 person likes this

Thanks for the reply @Onelovelybroad, Which forum in the Ask the girls section do you recommend I place my post. 

You might also try posting in Ask the Girls @londonguy84 :)

For the record, I'd be happy to help out with this :)

I'm still around...kinda :P

2 people like this