Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LookingForTheOne

We should have more articles for non-waiters, especially for dealing with waiters.

2 posts in this topic

I talked about this to Jegsy Scarr before in another thread.

Basically, under "Articles", there are plenty of entries (including a very good entry by Jennifer, released just the other day) about how to deal with your significant other's history, if any.

However, there are no articles for the reverse situation ("They are waiting until marriage and I am not a virgin, how do I help them?"), or indeed any posts directed at people who are not waiting till marriage.

I don't know if anyone here can do this (I can't, for the record), but I think it would be helpful and a good addition to the Web site.

4 people like this

I think this is an interesting topical area LFTO... there are a fair # of people who while not virgins, have come to a new commitment about what they want - and that's to wait until marriage.

Perhaps there are articles or topics that address their interests or curiosities directly... eg "I find waiting hard now that I've done it before" or "I regret not waiting but now want to wait" or "Dating without anticipating sex at some point" or something else. I'm not dreaming these up easily/eloquently but I think you might be on to something.

You'd kind of have to find someone who has professed even in their self-introduction to a change of outlook - whether faith-driven or not - to potentially see if there is appetite for it. Or maybe you start a direct thread on it or something... Mike may have another suggestion -

5 people like this