Guest redyellowblue

Curious - what is your religious belief (including atheism) and what supports / why this belief?

99 posts in this topic

I was born in England and raised by loving South Indian parents. I am British though and though but love living in the sunshine state. 

You remind me of some of my good friends from Calcutta. Sounds like you came from a very good family my friend. Your parents should be proud of the man you have become :)

You remind me of my best friend Ashoke who passed away suddenly a few years back. He didnt have a deceitful bone in his body and was abused by many people. He is now an angel in heaven. I cant wait to be reunited with my brother again :)

For the record, I do believe this universe was created by God. I just don't believe that any religion is ultimate truth. And I certainly don't believe that Christianity is "obviously true" to anyone after they investigate it: Far from it. It's a leap of faith, like other religions.

I was planning to ask you some questions but this one answered most of my questions. Now, I would like to ask you a question. You believe there is a Creator - God created the universe. So, is it leap of faith or know this one for sure through science and believe God created? Believing in God that He created the universe is not ultimate truth? I found there are only three religions that strongly believes that God is Creator and 100% involved in Creation - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

I have studied some religions and science - everything I studied and led me to know Jesus, Creator of Life, and led me to be a Christian and believe in Him and live for Him. I do believe and KNOW that God created the universe as well and it's ultimate truth. I follow Word of God and seek a church that follows Bible - nothing else but only Bible teachings. It's what I believe in. It's nice to know that we are sharing a common - believing there is Creator God. Let me know if I'm getting off-topic. It's somewhat fun to learn and discuss those topics. I was only replying to Red's question and seems some of you want to jump in and ask some questions :)

I always leaned more towards the sciencey side of the battle between religion and science. Every once and a while Id have my doubts, Id lean towards religion, then some crazy religious nutcase would make me run back over to science.

Actually, it is a science religion vs another science religion. It's not religion vs science. We all have same earth, same evidences, same tools, same chemicals to use and same universe - only difference between them is "interpret" evidences what we see and what we found. All the scientists do have a belief and bias like we do.

I here ya but there is no way . I got a lot of ghost stories so I know something is there. I chose to not take sides . Universe creates itself. Elements. If it is created then you're talking more quantum physics and be people controlling vibrations living in a matrix. They could control what you see by vibrations creating a fake world. Those are facts. I will go back and check any links. If they can do all that leave it a mistery there not very honest. Lol. Done talking but leave links I like looking at all sides.

I see, were you there when universe created (or evolved) itself? You seems know something is there which ghosts may existed. Are you telling us that "itself" created ghosts? So, tell me how ghosts evolved? According to your belief "universe created itself." I am curious. Thanks.

I see, were you there when universe created (or evolved) itself? You seems know something is there which ghosts may existed. Are you telling us that "itself" created ghosts? So, tell me how ghosts evolved? According to your belief "universe created itself." I am curious. Thanks.

it's your energy. It's not a fake religion made by man. You're religion is based on every religion before it. They kept evolving older religions changing the meaning. They burned and destroyed most things prior. Space is nothing but it created everything. Fact is you copied all the religions before it. Nobody really saw jesus. 4 guys main one was a proven fraud. Even if there is they got it all wrong. Facts point to government frauds. The only facts prove you stole everything from the zodiac symbols and made stories based on stars. I understand believing in a god or gods . After life and doing religion cause it's closes thing ya got but not believing what people made up talking to god and happened to be the higher ups in society. I need more facts but most say he didn't even exist. Then it was government forced and time forgets. Money maker.lol. all stories about peoples hard work prior describing the sun and constellations. People forget the real meaning and add to the story. Take it lightly it's the moral of the story type book. So ya don't learn everything the hard way. Make ya more thoughtful. Good enough. I watch my clip uo there it seems to be the right answer. Religion is bad to talk about. No body ever witnessed anything. Christians burned all the old knowledge and relgions and forced it on everyone or die basically. Change the name to governent would make more sense. I am done bad subject.i will watch my video that explains it all. Lol

You are created by ya parents. You are a live. Energy soul don't have nothing to do with tyrant governments corrupting the old sun and star mapping. Hard work and they named the stars. For fun and record it with a name. Thats how you get the ages and different religions on the age. Sun goes down dies for three days then rises symbolizing spring the rebirth. The cross and all the stories come from zodiac symbols. Equinox .light and dark is day and night. Governments kept adding to the stories . Then it finaly evovled to jesus . With a cross or sun always behind him. From the zodiac and stories made from lining up of constalations. If I was religious I would use it loosely like the people who mader up. I wouldn't dedicate my life to people who stole there idea from other civilizations. Not to trust worthy.

If everything has a cause then who made the thing that made space. It never ends. It just happened . The building blocks where always there. Unless we are specs in a aliens aquarium controled by vibrations so we can see what they want us to see. Space would be an illusion . Lol.

If everything has a cause then who made the thing that made space. It never ends. It just happened . The building blocks where always there. Unless we are specs in a aliens aquarium controled by vibrations so we can see what they want us to see. Space would be an illusion . Lol.

It didnt just happen, God was always there. Infinite regression is a logical contradiction because it cannot happen.

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/first-cause.htm

Why must there be a first cause? Because if there isn't, then the whole universe is unexplained, and we have violated our Principle of Sufficient Reason for everything. If there is no first cause, each particular thing in the universe is explained in the short run, or proximately, by some other thing, but nothing is explained in the long run, or ultimately, and the universe as a whole is not explained. Everyone and everything says in turn, "Don't look to me for the final explanation. I'm just an instrument. Something else caused me." If that's all there is, then we have an endless passing of the buck. God is the one who says, "The buck stops here."

If there is no first cause, then the universe is like a great chain with many links; each link is held up by the link above it, but the whole chain is held up by nothing. If there is no first cause, then the universe is like a railroad train moving without an engine. Each car's motion is explained proximately by the motion of the car in front of it: the caboose moves because the boxcar pulls it, the boxcar moves because the cattle car pulls it, et cetera. But there is no engine to pull the first car and the whole train. That would be impossible, of course. But that is what the universe is like if there is no first cause: impossible.

This is why infinite regression is a logical contradiction. The analogy of Hiberts hotel also explains this almost as well.

Cowpoker I believe that you are talking about the big bang at which moment in time the universe came into existence as well as space, time and matter. These things werent always there, they were all created at one point in time.

And on top of that even science is starting to finally admit through quantum mechanics that the universe behaves more like a great thought then a great mechanism.

Whose thought?

The first cause. the uncaused necessary cause  who thought the universe into existence. God.

The building blocks werent always there. The borde Guth Vilinken theorum which is excepted by many states that even if a multiverse were true (no evidence for it anyways), that the multiverse had to have an ultimate material beginning.

The mind is the creator of matter, whose mind? The mind of the uncaused necessary first cause (God).

You are created by ya parents. You are a live. Energy soul don't have nothing to do with tyrant governments corrupting the old sun and star mapping. Hard work and they named the stars. For fun and record it with a name. Thats how you get the ages and different religions on the age. Sun goes down dies for three days then rises symbolizing spring the rebirth. The cross and all the stories come from zodiac symbols. Equinox .light and dark is day and night. Governments kept adding to the stories . Then it finaly evovled to jesus . With a cross or sun always behind him. From the zodiac and stories made from lining up of constalations. If I was religious I would use it loosely like the people who mader up. I wouldn't dedicate my life to people who stole there idea from other civilizations. Not to trust worthy.

Please share with me your evidence for this , because throughout my studies of early Christianity it was against the tyrany of dictators such as Rome, so what your saying is not rooted in fact or history my friend.

If the apostles wanted to deceive us about Christ believe me they wouldnt have written the gospels like they did.

First of all if they wanted to lie about Jesus's resurrection they would not have stated that the women found the tomb empty first, they wouldnt have stated that Mary Magdelene who was a prostitute talked to Christ first after his resurrection. If you knew your first century Jewish history you would have known that the testimony of a woman in first century jerusalem was worth next to nothing. Most courts wouldnt believe the testimony of a woman then.

This is called the criterion of embarressment and is actually a powerful indicator that the apostles were telling the truth about Christ's resurrection and not lying about it.

There is absolutely no evidence that Christianity was embellished by any government since Christianity teaches you to store your heavenly treasures and not your earthly treasures, not the other way around.

2 people like this

Please share with me your evidence for this , because throughout my studies of early Christianity it was against the tyrany of dictators such as Rome, so what your saying is not rooted in fact or history my friend.

One thing to note about roman dictators. Is that dictator was an actual political office in Rome. They were elected and given control of things when Rome did not have the time or luxury of using it's normal political methods. These were not tyrants, but political rulers. A good example being the 2nd Punic War, when Fabius Maximus was elected dictator to deal with successive defeats to Hannibal.

One thing to note about roman dictators. Is that dictator was an actual political office in Rome. They were elected and given control of things when Rome did not have the time or luxury of using it's normal political methods. These were not tyrants, but political rulers. A good example being the 2nd Punic War, when Fabius Maximus was elected dictator to deal with successive defeats to Hannibal.

Not all the time mirage. The history of Christian persecution at the hands of the Romans as. Well known historical fact. Now whether they were elected or not they were still dictators . The persecution if Christians by these dictators like Nero and the others who followed was well known and accepted by most historians. Not only were they butchering Christians but they also had periods of time when they were destroying all the Christian relics that they could get their hands on.

It's interesting how references outside of scripture to the burial cloth of Jesus were silent during this period until the mandylion was found in the 6th century thanks to the flood that swept through eddessa (part of modern day turkey) where it was found hidden in the castle of the king.

It would make lots if sense to hide this relic during the first 300 years of Christian history.

The second Punic war was a doozy wasnt it. I studied that war well as it was fought by the Carthaginian General Hannibal. The Carthaginians were Phoenicians who were my ancestors. Hannibals vistory at Cannae was one for the history books . The Romans couldn't defeat Hannibal head on so they wore him down , knowing that the commitment from Carthage was very weak. His people couplet stick together, nothing has changed in modern day lebanon lol. It was the roman strategy of attrition that eventually won the war, that and the brilliant strategies of roman general scipio africanus who learned from the roman mistake of Cannae .

Gosh I love history lol

History is written by the winners . All religions did the destroying thing. Just goes way back. Who ever made the pyramids in ancient societies would know who god is . They mapped the stars. Some beings most likely helped us out and got us started . Might of made us as well. We will never know soon religion took over burnt everything. Lol. God might be grey aliens . I am just saying modern religion copied the old ones which came from myths. Jesus's age will be over soon hence the end of the world but it just means the Aquarius age is starting. I will look up stuff. I know you know more about religion books. I look where they came from.

I will look into you're school side a bit. Though school is one sided backing there story. Like double fibs. I like history though but history never explains why it happens . Criminals stay inocent . So history is a bit off on everything . History is pointless a lot. No good if ya can't learn from it . Lol

Religion makes it's own rules then changes them after they prove there point backed by there own logic . God was always here but space and planets were not. But you say nothing made god.nuts. if we got created it was by a alien race and we are part them. There are a lot of things to this point. Ask a alien when you see one. They would tell the truth. Not man on this planet. They might of crossed us with primitive man. Looks like man might of been on earth a lot longer then they think. They still can't explain the pyramids and sun dials around the world . They line up perfectly with constilations. They also new the solar system . No way they figured it out by themselves. Maybe one day we will find out .

The second Punic war was a doozy wasnt it. I studied that war well as it was fought by the Carthaginian General Hannibal. The Carthaginians were Phoenicians who were my ancestors. Hannibals vistory at Cannae was one for the history books . The Romans couldn't defeat Hannibal head on so they wore him down , knowing that the commitment from Carthage was very weak. His people couplet stick together, nothing has changed in modern day lebanon lol. It was the roman strategy of attrition that eventually won the war, that and the brilliant strategies of roman general scipio africanus who learned from the roman mistake of Cannae .

Gosh I love history lol

History is fun. I personally much prefer Fabius, he's the one who used the war of attrition to wear Hannibal down. Every time the Romans fought it was against Fabius' wishes/orders and each time they were baited into a trap by Hannibal.

History is fun. I personally much prefer Fabius, he's the one who used the war of attrition to wear Hannibal down. Every time the Romans fought it was against Fabius' wishes/orders and each time they were baited into a trap by Hannibal.

Correct Mirage. plus the destruction of his brother hasdrubal further choked Hannibal's supply line. At that point it was just a matter of time before the hammer came down on him.

I consider my self a Christian. I believe God is real. I used to be Atheist. I have no issues with people of other beliefs.

Few things I like about religion is clues and symbolism . Watching a documentary on giants which are mentioned in the books predating them. Found skeletons and possible burial mounds. The dinosaur age had much more ozone and magnetic fields. So animals live longer and grew much bigger . They copied the old atmosphere and the fish they grew where much bigger. Imagine generations getting bigger bigger . lol. We may of been here for ever and shrunk with the ozone and dinosaurs. Crazy stuff. Old sites with rocks so big are machines can't move them and they picked them up and milled them precisely. A lot to discover in this world. Might explain hiding the Giants bones to aid in religions belief. Cool stuff.

I'm a Follower of Christ.

(Non-Denominational Christian)

“For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, so that any man should not boast†(Ephesians 2:8, 9)

I look out at the Universe, the sky when I'm blessed with the opportunity to climb into the heavens on a star-filled night as we're up in cruise at FL410 (41,000 Feet), racing across the sky at just underneath the speed of sound.

This comes to mind;

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace

Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —

And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

On another note I've stood at service at my church and felt the Holy Spirit's presence.

I've had prayers answered, I've lived a life of faith and I plan to lead my son's and daughters in a life of faith also.

Finally and this is where I was going above, but look up at the heavens or look at the intricacies of life, cellular structure for instance.

All the materials on this little rock floating in the far stretches of the Universe, that all of a sudden by chance life began out of nothing.

That we're blessed with energy sources beyond our thinking, metals, and materials.

What more can I say, I mean there's evidence that there's something, someone out there.

I choose to call him God!

1 person likes this

Just wanted to add im a Catholic Christian and an inclusivist. I didnt know what inclusivism was until I had a discussion with a nun a few years back at a retreat. It had always bothered me so I decided to ask her what will happen to people that werent Christians, cause I have friends from many different religions (buddhist, muslims, a deist uncle and many hindu friends). I was kind of scared of what answer I would get from her because I love all my friends.

She then proceeded to tell me of a dream she had when she was a kid. Her mom found her screaming in her bed and she woke woke her up and asked what was wrong. She nun said to her mother "MOM , MOM the seventh day adventist are right, everyone else is going to hell" Her mom looked at her and laughed and said " do you really think that our God is like this?

This was when I delved more into the catholic church's teaching on inclusivism and it really helped to relieve my anxiety.

Then I remembered Jesus's parable about the good samaritan, which lead me to research the samaritans further and I found out that they were pagans.

Anyways here is the catholic church's teaching on inclusivism

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/what-no-salvation-outside-the-church-means

The Church recognizes that God does not condemn those who are innocently ignorant of the truth about his offer of salvation. Regarding the doctrine in question, the Catechism of the Catholic Church (quoting Vatican II document Lumen Gentium, 16) states:

This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience—those too may achieve eternal salvation. (CCC 847)

Vatican II document Gaudium Et Spesteaches similarly on the possibility of salvation:

All this holds true not only for Christians, but for all men of good will in whose hearts grace works in an unseen way. For, since Christ died for all men, and since the ultimate vocation of man is in fact one, and divine, we ought to believe that the Holy Spirit in a manner known only to God offers to every man the possibility of being associated with this paschal mystery. (22)

This teaching is consistent with Jesus’ own teaching about those who innocently reject him: "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin" (Jn 15:22).

But once a person comes to know the truth, he must embrace it or he will be culpable of rejecting it. We see this in Jesus’ words to the Pharisees: "If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains" (Jn 9:41). Paul taught likewise concerning the Gentiles:

When Gentiles who have not the law do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus. (Rom 2:14-16)

This is why I believe my prayers for all my friends from different religions do help :)

1 person likes this

I am not that religious but do follow Hinduism and sometimes read astrology stars. I also abstained from alcohol,smoking and drugs for my whole life.I am a Leo

http://www.astrology.com/horoscopes/leo/daily-horoscope/today http://my.horoscope.com/astrology/free-daily-horoscope-leo.html

http://www.sallybrompton.com/leo/relationship_partner.htm

LEO October 04, 2013

Leos are naturally extravagant. You love to spend money on the people and things you enjoy. You like to be seen to be successful – and are prepared to pay for the privilege. Your flamboyant approach to life can be expensive. Very expensive.

You and a friend are in perfect sync today -- and you may be able to enlist others to your cause! It's one of those days when your social energy is almost perfect for group.
A long-awaited vacation or move you've been hoping to make could finally be possible today. Before you go, there may be some paperwork to take care of. Thoughts of business advancement may play in your mind, and you might consider taking a course or two to increase your marketability and help you get closer to achieving your goals.

Hindu but the religion does share the same beliefs as Christianity and Buddhism. No sex before marriage, Marry a virgin and always be faithful to your wife or husband. 

Star sign Leo. We are more attracted to with Aries, Sagittarius, Gemini and Libra

1 person likes this