Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

When you find the guy you want to marry...

13 posts in this topic

Hey Girls,

Just wondering when you find the guy you want to marry, would you propose to him or would you want him to propose to you? If you'd propose, how would you do it? If you'd want him to propose, how would you get him to and how would you like him to propose? Just curious.

I want him to propose. I dont mind asking him to hang out some while we're getting to know each other or planning dates---but HE needs to be the one to ask for a real 'date'---pay for dinner kinda deal. I like to pick up on little things, like I'll get the desset, if he gets dinner, or I'll get food at the movie if he gets tickets, or I'll get the rented movie if he got dinner/soemthing else.

I'm not sure how I would 'get' him to, but I feel like we would have lots of talks about our future, etc, and I would talk about what I would like, or what I've seen I'veliked, what's cute, etc.

I'm not sure how, I try not to 'daydream' about it so to speak, so I don't have high expectations if it's not quite what I've thought of before.

Hi Mark! Good question...

He's got to be the one to ask me. I'm quite traditional in that sense, I think. To me, it just seems more romantic. I suppose I may drop him a few hints...

Anyway, as to how he proposes, I think I'll be happy as long as it's sweet and romantic *sigh*. Maybe just him getting down on one knee when we're having dinner at my favourite restaurant, or while we're doing something romantic, at the beach or having a picnic, or whatever...

I do think it'd have to be fairly private. That's not to say that he could only propose if he'd booked out the whole of the restaurant or cleared the beach: I don't mind some people being there. But I think I'd hate it if he proposed, say, on one of those big screens at a football game.

Although, saying that, I wouldn't mind if he proposed like this, either...

xxx

I'm a hopeless romantic. So if my boyfriend where to ever propose (yes I said boyfriend lol) then it better romantic or he may not get the answer he wants.

I wouldn't propose - I would expect the guy to do that. I don't care how he does it as long as it is tasteful (like not at a sports game or while drunk.) I would like it to be romantic, but it doesn't have to be all dramatic like hiring an airplane to write it in the air with smoke or whatever. lol. Even just at a nice restaurant, or in a pretty garden. But I know this girl whose boyfriend just blurted out "marry me!" lol while they were out for a walk. He had been working up the nerve to ask her for the past week but chickened out and she noticed something was wrong and kept on asking him what the matter was. Finally he just asked and she said yes. So I think that is romantic. <3

I have no idea! I thought that I knew the answer to this, & I did as my "kid self"...But, now that I'm grown, I realize that I am not who I thought I would be. So, I don't know. It depends on the guy & the situation. I think that I would be ok asking a guy to marry me (of course, I would be nervous that he would say "no"), & I'm ok with being asked.

I personally think no girl should ever ask!!! If a guy trully loves you he will ask!! Plain and simple

You do have a very valid point! My mother & friends have often warned me against dating guys that are less bold than me because it leaves me in the position of making the first move & asking him out. I'm not the shy-type (although I do have some shy moments), so I've been open to doing just that. Unfortunately, I'm a nerd, & I'm attracted to nerdy guys. They tend to come quieter & far less bold. My friends have told me that I need a new "type." Lol. But, honestly, if a man can't stimulate my mind, the relationship is dead before it even gets started.

I'm definately "old fashioned" when it comes to dating and marriage so I would definately be the one proposing not the other way around!

Seeflotastic: "no girl should ever ask"... I couldn't agree more if he loves you he will ask you to marry him... He will WANT the loving commitment of marriage, he would WANT to spend the rest of his life with you, and although he would be nervous he would be so certain that he wants YOU he will have the courage to ask you to marry him...

I don't know how I will propose as I want it to be special for the woman I love and I'm asking to marry me... Ie tailor made proposal perfect for her, us and our relationship!