ImpossibleIsNothing

What is your favorite Bible Scripture?

30 posts in this topic

The most famous one is John 3: 16 but my favorite is actually the one right after John 3:17

3 people like this

Romans 8:38-39

for i am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3 people like this

I admit that I dont read the Bible as much as I should - and I need to fix that.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

The entire book of Proverbs.

3 people like this

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.  -  Ecclesiastes 9:11

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? - Hebrews 12:6,7

"And it shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

1 person likes this

2 Kings 2:23-24

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!†they said. “Get out of here, baldy!†He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Just such an epic moment, calling upon the Lord to maul kids for calling me names? Awesome.

2 Kings 2:23-24

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!†they said. “Get out of here, baldy!†He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Just such an epic moment, calling upon the Lord to maul kids for calling me names? Awesome.

That's not entirely accurate.  It was more a veiled threat than mere name-calling.  In the original Hebrew, the insult in question was actually, "Go on up, you baldhead," with go on up being a pretense of "go to heaven."

Also, the "kids" in question were actually young men, most likely in their early 20's.  It's a little silly to imagine an organized group of 42 pre-teens accosting a religious figure in the days of Elisha.

3 people like this

That's not entirely accurate.  It was more a veiled threat than mere name-calling.  In the original Hebrew, the insult in question was actually, "Go on up, you baldhead," with go on up being a pretense of "go to heaven."

Also, the "kids" in question were actually young men, most likely in their early 20's.  It's a little silly to imagine an organized group of 42 pre-teens accosting a religious figure in the days of Elisha.

Fact remains, he called two bears (female iirc) to maul them. That's just too awesome.

And yes, baldhead could also be used to refer to the fact that he was a religious man, and the "go up" part was meant more as a threat as his master Elijah (was that him?) had recently gone to heaven.

I have quite a few there are way too many to pick from...

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Matthew 7:13-14

â€œEnter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it".

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Matthew 19:16-21

And behold one came and said to him: Good master, what good shall I do that I may have life everlasting? Who said to him: Why asketh thou me concerning good? One is good, God. But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He said to him: Which? And Jesus said: Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness. Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith to him: All these I have kept from my youth, what is yet wanting to me? Jesus saith to him: If thou wilt be perfect, go sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come follow me." 

Revelation 3:16

So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

1 Corinthians 15:33

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Psalm 27:1

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?

Mark 11:24

“So I tell you, when you pray for something, believe that you have already received it. Then it will be yours.

So many Amazing verses its so tough to narrow down and pick few :)

5 people like this

I have quite a few favorite verses.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

The Lord reveals His omnipotence to Job (Job 38-39)

Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations. (Psalms 100:3, 5)

But Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me.†(Ruth 1:16, 17)

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ ? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.†(Matthew 19:4-6)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.†For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 1:16, 17, 20-23, 25)

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (Colossians 1:16, 17)

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— (Romans 5:8, 12)

1 Corinthians 13 and John 3:16

Oops, I think I posted little too much... :)

2 people like this

The Word of God is so beautiful, wonderful, powerful and marvelous!

To choose one is so very difficult but Ruth 1:16-17 comes to mind first. 

I also love Psalms, Proverbs and Ephesians.

3 people like this

PSALMS 37: 3-7

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:........."

These are the passages that really help when I have those moments of feeling low, frustration & loneliness {like yesterday...Uggh!!}.....God reminds me [like just know, thru this thread] that He will keep His promise to me.....And that He Loves me....I just have to continue to trust Him & live my life for Him....After I read it....my strength is renewed & I can go another day!!! God is SO AMAZING like that!

2 people like this

PSALMS 37: 3-7

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him:........."

These are the passages that really help when I have those moments of feeling low, frustration & loneliness (like yesterday).....God reminds me that He will keep His promise to me.....And that He Loves me....I just have to continue to trust Him & live my life for Him....After I read it....my strength is renewed & I can go another day!!! God is SO AMAZING like that!

Amen!!

Ephesians 6:16 “… Take up the shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.”

Romans 3:4 “Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.”

2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound-mind.”

3 people like this

He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD Proverb 18v22

House and wealth are an inheritance from fathers, But a prudent wife is from the LORD. Proverb 19v14

;)  :) 

post-41207-0-94010500-1448066387_thumb.j

1 person likes this

Isaiah 40: 12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?

Job 37: 5  God's voice thunder in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.

2 people like this

I have always stunk at questions like this. What is your favorite this or what is your favorite that. I can't say I have a favorite food, or a favorite restaurant or a favorite movie and I can't say I have a favorite verse. My mind just doesn't work that way. I have favorites. I have several places I like to eat for example and I may choose a different place based on my mood. I have several verses that I really like or they inspire me. Some of my favorites are:

Isaiah 55:8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Philippians 2:9-11

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

John 14:5-6

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?â€

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

1 Corinthians 2:9

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.â€

1 person likes this

My #1 go to verse: Proverbs 31:8 Speak for those who cannot speak and seek justice for those on the verge of destruction. 

2 people like this

John 3:6-7

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again'.

1 Corinthians 15:46-49

46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.

47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.

48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.

49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

1 person likes this

One whose heart is corrupt does not prosper; one whose tongue is perverse falls into trouble. Proverb 17 v20

Well...I have plenty of favorite verses, actually :P but I wanted to share the above today...so :)