Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Kissing Under the Mistletoe?

20 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Justin Bieber's new music video inspired this question, lol. I'm not too familiar w/this idea, so correct me if I'm wrong, so it seems that the idea is to put up a mistletoe hanging from a door or something and then when people meet under it, they have to kiss. So just wondering, do any of you do that? I can understand if you do it with your loved one/partner, but do you do it if it's a random person w/u? Just curious.

I forgot that you're not Christian when I first read this =P No, I don't do that. I would want to with a bf lol, like it's an excuse to kiss him, but I've never kissed under mistletoe before.

Ditto on the never kissed under mistletoe, I spend mosty time avoiding it as I don't EVER kiss outside of a relationship.

As its just about the only thing I've never done maybe I should save this until I'm married, so at least I saved something for her?

-Aaron

I think kissing under the mistletoes is fine in a relationship before marriage---what if your long term gf said no to a quick kiss under the mistletoe? To me, its not a big deal, but we're all different. =)

Ditto on the never kissed under mistletoe, I spend mosty time avoiding it as I don't EVER kiss outside of a relationship.

Hehe, me too. I dodge mistletoe, because I also won't kiss anyone I'm not in a solid relationship with. I think the idea is really cute, but kisses are really emotionally charged for me... I won't hand them out so easily.

1 person likes this

I know the feeling claire. To me when I kiss someone its like I feel I'm compleately in love with them because I always get such strong emotions when I kiss someone.

I'm lucky in that the 2 people I have dated our relationship was kind of like we were friends first in that we didn't kiss/hold hands/cuddle straight away (although we were dating).

I don't know how it's going to be when I start dating again, I mean how do you tell a women that you really fancy her but you don't want to kiss her until your dating without seeming to pushy or that you don't find her attractive? I feel this would make a first date really awkward.

I definately think kissing under the mistletoe is cute but only if the people kissing are in love otherwise to me I just think eww no thankyou.

-Aaron

Aaron, hopefully mistletoe won't be involved in a first date lol. I think it would be really understandable if one a first or second date you say that you don't kiss right away because its really special/important to you-you don't want to rush that. I think most girls would find that refreshing and admirable.

Aaron, hopefully mistletoe won't be involved in a first date lol. I think it would be really understandable if one a first or second date you say that you don't kiss right away because its really special/important to you-you don't want to rush that. I think most girls would find that refreshing and admirable.

Lol hopefully not.

Thankyou for the advice sally I will definately remember this for when I start dating again.

-Aaron

Sally I wouldn't mind if a long term gf said no to kissing under the mistletoe (sorry for the belated awnser I must of missed it lol) as I wouldn't ever pressure a gf to do something they don't want to or aren't comfortable with as to me if I'm dating someone I should always make them feel comfortable and safe and for them to know I care about them. Whether that is looking after her when she is ill, protecting her if someone trys to hurt her or standing up for her when someone is saying nasty things about her, I am her bf so she should always feel safe, happy and comfortable around me and not have to worry about how I am going to react to her thoughts, feelings or opinions as she should be able to talk to me about anything at anytime and know I will support her in any way that I can.

-Aaron

I've never done this, but I'd like to someday. If I'm dating someone... preferably in the 'exclusive' stage of the courting process (for me this is what I think of as the 2nd stage of the relationship), but I'd probably agree even if I was seeing someone casually (to me this is the 1st stage... and every stage I have requires discussion to decide where we are 'at'). Though, I don't think I would with someone who is just a friend. I want to share that kind of thing with someone who has SOME potential to be serious.

Just my thoughts. :)

Yes, I know this is an old topic. lol

I don't know, it seems like it would be kind of cute to kiss someone under the mistletoe. Obviously I would want to kiss someone not related to me, and someone I didn't hate. It would also have to be someone of the opposite gender...

Never had the opportunity to do this. I think I'm the only one that notices my mom puts a mistletoe up in her house. We're a kissy family, so it doesn't even matter. I think whomever the person under the mistletoe with me would be the determining factor weither I give a kiss on the lips or a kiss on the cheek.

whether I give a kiss on the lips or a kiss on the cheek.

I'm glad someone pointed this out.  You don't have to kiss someone on the lips.  You can kiss them on the cheek.  And if you do kiss on the lips, it doesn't have to be a romantic make out session. It can be a quick closed-mouth peck on the lips.  If you'd still rather not participate unless you're in a serious romantic relationship, that's fine too.  

Like Samaye, I come from a kiss-y family, so we're all comfortable giving each other kisses on the cheek, and many of us are comfortable giving each other pecks on the lips well into adulthood (and even with relatives of the opposite sex).

3 people like this

If I were under the mistletoe with someone other than my husband, I'd go for a peck on the cheek, or if that person were taller than I am, s/he could kiss the top of my head.

If it's my wife (Hi Belle), a kiss on the lips. If it's a friend, a kiss on cheek. If it's someone I don't like, well they can kiss my ass ;)

2 people like this

Also, I think the Christmas ad (for this year) for the Samsung Galaxy with Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard is adorable. He draws a Mistletoe on his phone and holds it above her head.

2 people like this