ImpossibleIsNothing

Men and crying.

34 posts in this topic

I don't cry that often, though I have cried once or twice before (Due to very emotional cirmcumstances i.e. Family dying, ect).

I guess my future wife is going to have to try really hard to make me cry. (In a good way, obviously!) :P

I just don't cry at all anymore, nothing upsets me enough for me to cry, even when family dies I don't cry, I'm not a stone cold person made of steal but nothing upsets me to the point of tears.

My boyfriend cried in front of me before but he is ussually very good at holding it in, I lost my cousin in a tragic way and he was able to hold everything in at the funeral. I dont get how you guys do it. haha. Testosterone?

Not all men do. I consider myself emotional in the romance aspect of life but I can never become sad to the point where tears actually flow. The only time I have tears come out is when I'm physically hurt and that's if I'm alone lol.

But just because I'm not tearing up doesn't mean I don't have strong emotions. I could be just as sad as anyone but you won't see my tears.

1 person likes this

My boyfriend cried in front of me before but he is ussually very good at holding it in, I lost my cousin in a tragic way and he was able to hold everything in at the funeral. I dont get how you guys do it. haha. Testosterone?

I know right...I totally envy men in that department...I cant stand crying/getting emotional.

I have never seen my dad cry in my entire life, and my mom (who has known him for nearly 30 years,) has only seen him cry once: when his dad died. However, my dad sometimes tears up a bit in tragic operas and he did in Les Mis. That shocked me because it is a movie, but maybe because it was a musical it had a much bigger affect on him (he adores music.) Such a heart-breaking but hopeful movie. I had tears pouring down my cheeks. lol.

Seeing guys cry is really hard for a lot of girls.

I will admit, I am a crier. Movies, TV shows, operas, plays, anime, sad dreams...but rarely, rarely, rarely do I ever cry because of something that is happening in my life.

If for whatever reason you end up crying in front of your girlfriend/wife, what would you like her to do? Take your hand, hug you, something else?

2 people like this

If for whatever reason you end up crying in front of your girlfriend/wife, what would you like her to do? Take your hand, hug you, something else?

Hmm...I doubt if I were crying about something I'd want to talk about it, at least right away. I can think of a couple options:

a) give me a good long hug and then leave me alone for a while. I'll take a nap or play piano (maybe another guy's equivalent to working on a car or something) and be fine.

b ) cuddle and play video games or watch a lighthearted comedy or action movie with me

I think a) would be best; b ) could come afterwards  :)

3 people like this

Thanks for answering matthew, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Love the cat btw :)!

1 person likes this