ImpossibleIsNothing

Men and crying.

34 posts in this topic

I have seen men cry-the President had a hard time holding back tears when speaking of the tragedy at the elementary school.

1 person likes this

Of course men cry, I've cried plenty of times over my life span

1 person likes this

Oh yeah.. we men do cry. There is nothing wrong men when men cry. Its an emotion you can't hold back. Every one can hold back tears trying to look tough... but trust me when you're alone [somewhere] you as man will break and cry your heart out. Even the hardest criminals do cry.

7 people like this

Real men don't cry...just kidding :) We don't have tear ducts for nothing. lol. Personally, I hardly ever cry even at funerals. I just express sadness differently than most. The times when I was most distraught was when I just had a long face.

I can speak from personal experience that most men cry, sometimes quite often. It's just that usually we try to hide it or stay strong in front of others. And most of us don't tell people when we have cried. Truth be told, in many men, emotional pain can come out as anger before we actually break and cry.

1 person likes this

All Men cry over something, whether seeing their bride for the first time or because the Saskatchewan Roughriders won the Grey Cup. There seems to be this bullshit rationality that men are not allowed to cry. I think it is stupid. I think we should all attempt to maintain our composure when necessary, however, it is perfectly acceptable and sometimes helps.

I mean, I cried when my father passed away, I cried when the plane hit the World Trade Center, and I cried when I saw my girlfriend on our 1 year anniversary. None of this was full-out balling, but tears were shed. Crying reinforces that we are human and we are able to show emotion. It proves we have a soul.

1 person likes this

I cry not very much.... cause you know I'm a man.... but kidding aside yeah it happens men get sad heck even sad movie could do it for me. Like my dad he is this big 260 pound dude very hard headed and very angry guy most the time but I seen him cry a lot.

What Candyhall said :) if you dont cry I think youre basically heartless - unless you're someone like vince!

5 people like this

i sometimes cry too yeah sometimes a movie gets to me like saving private ryan, some of you may think it was dumb to cry about that movie but for some reason the ending really got to me and my mom was in the room and i tried so hard to hold it back but then afterwards i really wanted to when she wasnt around but i couldnt and it was just wierd lol. heck even that our love story video on youtube someone brought up, the first time i seen that i started to tear up. but id have to say the most i cried was at my brothers wedding, when they were dancing together at the reception and they started to play heaven by bryan adams and i just lost it. i tried to hold them back but no luck, there was no stopping the tears, i feel the reason why i cried was because seeing them dance like that made me wish that i had someone to dance with and call them mine. all i could think of at that moment was asking myself wheres mine, wheres the love of my life, everyones finding love and here i am living in the shadows all alone. out of all the kids in my family cousins, my brother, everyone is married now except me and just recently the youngest cousin which is actually younger than me just got married.

3 people like this

I think a lot of men tear up, but don't cry as in sob.

Funny enough, it's usually story and cinema that elicits tears, not everyday life. It's the acts of self-sacrifice, like Theoden and his Riders of Rohan yelling "DEATH!" as they ride, or Jim Caviezel's Jesus in Passion of the Christ saying "see mother, I make all things new!" on his way down the Via Dolorosa. A sad tune, a sad thought or a sad story is more likely to make me cry than life. I can about guarantee you there will be tears during Les Miserables when I watch it tomorrow.

But who knows. That all could change. In locking away sadness, sometimes you lock away happiness as well. Unlocking happiness may bring with it the capacity to cry again one day.

5 people like this

Funny enough, it's usually story and cinema that elicits tears, not everyday life.

Me too!!!

I just got back from seeing Les Miserables, and I will admit there were a few scenes where I teared up.

2 people like this

I only cry about twice a year about very serious things that are out of my control. My dad, however, of whom I am apparently a clone, gets all weepy fairly easy watching sad movies. I think it all changes once you have kids. lol. But I agree with LK about those cinematic moments. I don't cry but I get a serious lump in my throat (happend a whole lot in LOTR).

2 people like this

Today my dad called my niece (age 4) to tell her happy birthday, and when he hung up I saw tears on one of his cheeks -__-

Note: I consider my dad to be a MAN, though he is getting to be an old softy.

2 people like this

In my experience, yes, the best men cry, or at any rate, tear up. Not as often as some of us girls, perhaps, but they do during experiences that evoke strong emotions. I think that a lot of men are more susceptible to "happy tears" than "sad tears."

When my first boyfriend broke up with me, he started crying pretty hard; he said it was the first time he had cried in ten years.

I don't cry from personal sadness very often. Like many of you, I am more likely to tear up from something in a story. But when I am sad, and I feel the pressure starting to build up in my tear ducts, instead of crying, I normally sneeze! It is so weird.

1 person likes this

I've rarely seen a man actually sob but I have seen one shed a few tears. I'm sure men can sob but due to cultural stigmas and such it would most likely be during death or tragedy like the fathers in the Newton shooting.

or if any of you are familiar with the show the walking dead on amc, the time when when ricks boy carl and the other girl i cant remember her name was walking out with the baby. carl didnt have to say a thing and his dad rick already caught wind of what happened that carl had to shoot his mom lorie in order to save the baby. for any of you that dont know the show ill put it in a little more detail, lorie was trying to give birth to a child but couldnt so the one girl had to do an emergency c section on lorie to save the baby and carl had to shoot her so she wouldnt turn into a zombie because they are all infected and when they die they turn. but anyways back to the point rick the father knew by just looking at his son and the girl and the baby what happened and that is the first time ive ever seen a guy just lose it, i know its only a show and he was just acting but my heart just sank when he started sobbing and really just lost it. throughout the whole show weve never seen rick cry or show weakness but at that moment you really got to see his emotions surface and it took me by such suprise i almost wanted to cry myself lol. i mean if you could just imagine a 9 or 10 year old boy having to shoot his mom, how heart wrenching that would be for the father and especially the boy, which i was kinda surprised too by the way the boy handled it, it looked as though he was shedding tears but he wasnt balling like rick was.

I don't watch Walking Dead, CB; but I might, so I stopped reading your post. Any spoilers in there? lol

I don't watch Walking Dead, CB; but I might, so I stopped reading your post. Any spoilers in there? lol

yeah maybe if you havent seen it ha ha sorry if i spoiled anything :D

Wow, is that what happens in The Walking Dead? I stopped watching during series..sorry...season two, because I got bored...

xxx

I personally think Real Men do cry...if Im am dating a guy and he says he doesnt cry or never cries its a red flag to me.  It could mean many things ie; he could be cold hearted or not sincere but thats just for me personally.

i cant remember her name was walking out with the baby.

CB. It was Maggie that help Lori deliver the baby.

But a movie / film that gives me tears to my eye.. its Gladiator. But must be the music that plays on your feelings :P

1 person likes this

But a movie / film that gives me tears to my eye.. its Gladiator. But must be the music that plays on your feelings :P

Yes,  :)  The music in movies really tugs at the emotions. Especially for those dramatic scenes, where someone is making this huge sacrifice or people are finally rescued, the music is always right there causing that swell.

I wonder what movies would be like without background music.