Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ImpossibleIsNothing

"For we are God's masterpiece..." (Eph. 2:10 NLT). Another reason to honor God with our bodies and save them for marriage.

4 posts in this topic

Too often we emphasize on the bad reasons why to abstain from sex (emotional hurts, STDs, unwanted pregnancies). But what about the good reasons to saving sex for marriage? Let's talk about that.

1 person likes this

Well I believe a good reason to save sex for marriage would be that to be a great example to your children. Do you see how bad this sex crazed world is becoming? Imagine how it would be when you have children, if you plan on having any, I'm afraid to think that this world would be even worse, now hopefully I get proven wrong. But when your teenage daughter or teenage son comes up to you and asks "Dad" or "Mom did you wait to have sex?" You could proudly tell them "YES!!!"

4 people like this

I have a few thoughts at the top of my head right now.

It creates a trust for your future spouse. They can trust in you because you've remained faithful to them way before you met them.

It shows just how much you love your future spouse more than anyone else by giving up your own temporary satisfaction for a remainder to share it with them after you've both said "I do".

It shows that we can make morals for ourselves and stick with them, no matter how many times we may get mocked.

It shows that we respect ourselves and others, and that we want more than just a quick buy at physical satisfaction.

If you believe, it keeps God's holy temple pure and free from any guilt. It shows people around us that we serve God no matter how hard, he comes first. He bought us at a price, so we are to be a living sacrifice to him.

It's pure evidence to our future spouse that they are the only one in the entire universe who could ever have this part of me, which is a gift for them.

I like what Tev said as well. :)

2 people like this