wny

Is Church a Place to Meet Virgins?

30 posts in this topic

Not in the churches Ive attended seems like most go now to sin all week and repent on sunday...which is why I've stopped going.

Such a shame as I dont want to judge but I do know that God is saddened to see that, yes its good to praise the Lord with others but they could atleast try and be better followers of christ and take him alittle more seriously.  Its a mockery really.

@Tatyana-That's too bad. You don't think that there is even a slightly higher chance compared to meeting people in every-day life?

@wny Not In my experience, your best bet would be youth groups. Or christian meetings in college they are usually there...

The people that I know personally that are Virgins and WTM... I didnt meet them in a church.  I met them by the grace of God in a Cafe that I started to work at, they were hardcore Christians but they didnt really attend church either. Instead they had weekly bible study at one of their homes where kids (mostly college age) were there to talk about jesus and sing songs.  Some of them did attend church once in a blue moon but they mostly met at houses. Basically they were very interactive with the world like me.

I say just get out there in the world dont focus too much on finding someone and allow God to lead you in the right direction with the right people like he did with me and my friends and this site :) 

1 person likes this

@Tatyana-I appreciate your input. Your post and input from other posters have started to get me thinking that I should be more active in looking for a woman to date. I initially thought I should avoid dating until I'm closer to being what I consider financially ready for marriage, but now I'm thinking I should maybe start to look sooner and just hope I find the right woman who would be willing to date and maybe even marry someone who is going to be a student for years to come still.

Unfortunately, I think that the church is becoming more and more like the world, and that Christians are becoming more and more like the world.

Sex outside of marriage has been pretty much socially accepted by many people these days.   It is very sad.   And a lot of people who attend church also have accepted it.  :( 

When I talked to my aunt last summer and told her that I wanted to find a man who was waiting to have sex until after the wedding, she basically told me that I wouldn't find a man willing to wait.  And my aunt goes to church and is a Christian.  :(   She is from a big city on the East coast, but it seems that this is the case with people all across the country now.

I know that I am a Christian, and I go to church, and I am waiting until marriage to have sex.....and I know that I can't be the only one.   There have to be others out there....this site should be proof of that.   So, yes, there are Christians who go to chruch who are waiting, but you might have to look a long time before you find one.