Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sophie

Am I the only girl who feels like she gets more support and respect from guys than girls?

5 posts in this topic

I have been surprised to find that the majority of my female friends (whether they are virgins or not,) can't understand why I am considering waiting until marriage. Which is weird because the vast majority of my female friends are still virgins. And whenever I talk to girls about my decision, whether they're my friends or not, they find it odd and give a fake "oh, good for you! it's great that you have such integrity and you're making the right choice, blah blah blah, etc." They say it in such a phony voice, and I know they're thinking, "stupid prude just can't get laid." Hello? ANY girl could get laid if she wanted to. But guys give me WAY more respect. Lots even say "finally! it's so great to meet a girl who respects her body. I really wish there were more girls like you out there." And they're being genuine, and they seemed relieved to have met me. Some guys think I am just playing hard-to-get, but when they realize I am serious, they actually respect that.

Does this just happen to me? Because girls think I'm a total loser and guys think I'm awesome (granted, I'm not dating any of them.)

It depends on the girls and guys you talk to. If I talked to some ofmy friends who share my morals---the support would be the same; girls and guys. If I talked to people who don't really share my morals, I'd probably get the same response as you. Women like to feel attractive, desired, and wanted, and youa are 'sacrificiing' that by WTM in their eyes. Guys will respect that and think its great in general until they want to date you. Ironic, huh? Guys will watch out for their sisters, girl friends, but if they want a girlfriend, they want whatever they can get. It's kind of a double standard. That is at least what I have found anyway from my personal experience.

i find i get sport from my friends in general but as it gets out side of my friends group, that's when they like to tear you down for it :( but my close friends weather guys or girls respect me for it, some don't understand but still respect me for it ;)

Guys will respect that and think its great in general until they want to date you. Ironic, huh? Guys will watch out for their sisters, girl friends, but if they want a girlfriend, they want whatever they can get. It's kind of a double standard.

Yeah, you have a point there. lol. I mean, I'm not saying I blame them. If I had been sexually active with the hormones of a male and then I ended up dating a guy I loved who wanted to abstain from sex, it'd be very difficult. Not so much because I want sex in general, but because I'd want sex with him. So I don't blame guys for having a hard time dating girls who are WTM, but sometimes they really put on the pressure, or cheat, or just dump you after being like "yeah, I'm fine with that!" That's why I'm not dating yet, and I bet I'll never date any guy in my age group (18.)

I have been surprised to find that the majority of my female friends (whether they are virgins or not,) can't understand why I am considering waiting until marriage. Which is weird because the vast majority of my female friends are still virgins. And whenever I talk to girls about my decision, whether they're my friends or not, they find it odd and give a fake "oh, good for you! it's great that you have such integrity and you're making the right choice, blah blah blah, etc." They say it in such a phony voice, and I know they're thinking, "stupid prude just can't get laid." Hello? ANY girl could get laid if she wanted to. But guys give me WAY more respect. Lots even say "finally! it's so great to meet a girl who respects her body. I really wish there were more girls like you out there." And they're being genuine, and they seemed relieved to have met me. Some guys think I am just playing hard-to-get, but when they realize I am serious, they actually respect that.

Does this just happen to me? Because girls think I'm a total loser and guys think I'm awesome (granted, I'm not dating any of them.)

Hey Sophie, I get what you mean. In today's world, girls aren't girls anymore. They give guys everything they have just to get it over with, but at the end of the day guys get tired of sleazy girls and want someone who will take care of them.