Sophie

Do any of you believe the world will end on Dec 21 2012?

30 posts in this topic

Nope. Jesus said that no one would know the day or the hour when the world would end. So the Mayans wouldn't know either. However, I am interested to see what happens closer to the time. I reckon some people will start buying up food and supplies and stuff, just in case...

xxx

8 people like this

It won't end, not on that day at least :P

I think people are anticipating the end because they're miserable and hate life.

People already have it in their minds that the world will end in their lifetime, that's why there is such a moral decay.

3 people like this

Nope.. I don't believe that hoax either. As christian .. no one knows when the day will come.. not even the angels.

6 people like this

No I don't. People have tried to convince me that it will, but everything they have told me has been disproved (except for the Mayan calendar thing, but honestly people are trying to make a bigger deal out of that than it is).

1 person likes this

http://news.yahoo.com/mayan-apocalypse-2012--how-predictions-came-from-new-age-magic-mushroom-trip-130852054.html

There is nothing in Mayan folklore that even suggests the end of the world. The doomsday scare is entirely perpetuated by the New Age movement. In fact, there have been Mayan ruins that contain calendars that extend beyond 2012. It will just be another day.

6 people like this

I don't believe that it will end on that day. However, I do believe that we are living in the last days.

1 person likes this

I don't. My faith says that before the world ends Jesus is supposed to come down and rule the world and create world peace. For forty years he'll live on earth. After that (His death), No one knows exactly how long after, but his death will be a sign of the last days.

1 person likes this

Pass the guns and ammo (and canned goods), folks! The end is NIGH!

I'm going into my bunker on the 21st. I'm coming out of that hole like a groundhog on the 22nd.

If I see my shadow, that means 6,000 more years of happy, peaceful, everyone loves each other coexistence that we've had thus far.

If not, you heard it here first!

5 people like this

I'll be at an Indiana University basketball game that night so if it does end at least Im goin down with my Hoosiers!! :P

6 people like this

http://news.yahoo.co...-130852054.html

There is nothing in Mayan folklore that even suggests the end of the world. The doomsday scare is entirely perpetuated by the New Age movement. In fact, there have been Mayan ruins that contain calendars that extend beyond 2012. It will just be another day.

Yes, there was a lecture about this at the Museum of Natural History. I think last month. Basically trying to explain, and curtail peoples' fears that in fact the Mayans do not predict this at all.

No. The Mayans did not account for Leap Years which mean that in a standard day there is 23:56 of day. That remaining 4 minutes (and change) was never calculated, so if you account for that time, the "Great Cycle" would not be complete.

HOWEVER:

If the world was going to end it would NOT be like the movie 2012. The world would not simply collapse into itself. Furthermore if changes were happening on a global scale, we would know. There would be seismic anomalies, electro-magnetic fluctuations, world-wide weather shifts, etc. NOTE: I do not believe the world would end due to "natural causes," it could end by someone hitting a nuclear lunch button.

The world will not end due to religion or a natural extinction-level event. Instead rather by Man's hand.

Nope. No one knows when it will end, but when it does, we'll all know. If somebody taps you on the shoulder and says, "The world's ending!", don't believe him. You'd already know. That's a Christian viewpoint, anyway. I'd be anxious to know what other religions say about it.

@Eugene.... Like the "dramatic look".

2 people like this

I doubt that a human will ever be able to predict that. Besides, I wonder how it'll work, when it's Dec. 21st in Tennessee, and Dec. 20th in California. :-P

1 person likes this

Ack, I'm almost too late to answer on this!

Nope, I don't think tomorrow is the end of the world. I think the 21st is just a marker for the start of a new cycle of the Earth. It takes time for things in the universe to happen. So if anything will happen to this world as we know it, it will still be years down the road and we'll have plenty of warning signs and time to prepare ourselves.

I'm with Stabler in that Man worries me more than natural changes to the Earth. It seems like our society keeps getting more and more unstable.

Oh yay! I can't wait until Friday (tomorrow) when I get to stay up late and start enjoying the weekend! :D

(But really, I don't believe it'll end. If it was said by another human than I won't believe it.)

I know there is just over a couple more hours; (Or 5 for you guys on the West coast), of this day left, but I think it's safe to say that we were all right in the fact that the world will not end today. When will people learn that humans cannot predict the end of time??

2 people like this

So umm...anyone else notice the world ending?

I know right. This just proves that no human can know when it will.

@ Zeke. I must have posted that "dramatic look" ^_^

I wanted to updated on this thread yesterday.. we're still breathing this side hehehe. Told Vince, I haven't saw any forms of lightning, nor meteors, nor UFO's anything you can imagine. The world will stop when there is another recession :P