Sophie

Your dream home

16 posts in this topic

What would your dream home look like? Apartment, house, mansion, townhouse? What city/town would it be in?

I, personally, would like an apartment because the thought of burglars terrifies me. I wouldn't ever feel safe in a house. My dream apartment is in my home city, Vancouver, and my home neighborhood (which I guess isn't a good idea to say on the internet, so I won't,) and has two floors. I would love it to have a view of the ocean and be close to the beach. I once saw this apartment that had a spiral staircase that led up to the second floor, so that would be awesome. And a balcony on both floors. I would want to be high up enough that no one could climb up and get in. But when I think about it, if I have more than two kids, that place would become to small. I guess then I would have to get a house, also in the same city and neighborhood and close to the beach! Of course I just described the home I grew up in, but I can't live with my mom when I'm married with kids. :P

Course, I wouldn't say no to this!

modern-bedroom-deasign-3-500x375.jpg

I think that's beautiful. Some of what you said, described the things I would look for too. A condo in a great location in my city close to home, high enough so that no one can climb up but not so high that I myself am terrified lol. I think houses are great, but I too, would never feel safe in a house, I think there is a security issue when it comes to a house, especially if it is detached. For those who live in houses, great, but this is just me being so paranoid with houses. (If I ever did live in a house, it would have to be big and have guards outside lol). A condo is what I've always wanted, something big and beautiful, modern yet unique. I would like a balcony, but I would renovate it like crazy lol, I'm very picky with balconies. I would want it to have big rooms, so that I could have different things like a mini gym in one, and entertainment room in the other, etc. The location is very important, it has to be good. The people also, I'm not trying to be mean, but if I make a huge investment like this, I'd want nice neighbors who don't give me a dirty look every time I walk out of my apartment. I'm young, so having children is not on my mind right now, I think a condo would be nice for my hubby and I. Even if we do have kids someday, the condo would be prefect. I don't see why children can't be raised in apartments, as long as there's is plenty of room and a loving family, I think it's fine. I don't know why a house would be better, I think a condo can be just as great for raising kids. I just want a nice roomy place I can call home in a welcoming neighborhood filled with friendly faces. A place I would be happy to go to after a long stressful day to see my loving family.

1 person likes this

The only thing I hope to have is a high ceiling in our living room. But, even that is not really important to me. Home will be wherever my husband, our children, and I are♥hopefully close to our own parents and siblings. Home is family, to me!

That would be crazy to have your bed in the middle of the pool, what if you fell out of bed in the middle of the night, that would be a rude awakening! I grew up in a house so I don't feel scared at all of living in one.

2 people like this

That would be crazy to have your bed in the middle of the pool, what if you fell out of bed in the middle of the night, that would be a rude awakening! I grew up in a house so I don't feel scared at all of living in one.

I grew up in one as well. But when I was in grade three, a classmate of mine was very, very late for class. She never showed up, and the next day, we learned that two burglars had broken into her house while she and her mom were at home, forced them on the bed, and made them stay there while they ransacked the house for stuff. They were okay, but visibly shaken. After that, I got terrified of burglars.

I grew up in one as well. But when I was in grade three, a classmate of mine was very, very late for class. She never showed up, and the next day, we learned that two burglars had broken into her house while she and her mom were at home, forced them on the bed, and made them stay there while they ransacked the house for stuff. They were okay, but visibly shaken. After that, I got terrified of burglars.

Understandable then :(-

I would love a concrete multi-storied house with thermal, seismic and acoustic insulation.

There would be electric fencing and motion sensors to keep burglars away.

The house would be a "green building" .

The house would depend less on municipal water and electricity supply and more on natural water and solar power sytems.

I don't like apartments for the following reasons:

1. The doorbell is my enemy. People press it "on demand", whenever they need something from me.

2. I don't like the idea of the people on floor above dancing and jogging over my head.

3. A negligent resident causes fire to break out. Or exhausts the water supply. What then?

4. I presently live in one :(

1 person likes this

A brand new house in southern California.

My hubby and I will share it :]

Oh yes, and my future daughter too. 

1 person likes this

nice modern house near the beach in southern California for my amazing beautiful wife and kids(a son and daughter) to share with a BMW in the driveway.

This would my dream house

post-24103-0-65383300-1380316985_thumb.j

http://www.americanam.com/fantastic-contemporary-residence-design-in-california/architecture-fantastic-swatt-miers-architects-oz-house-around-modern-home-california-4/

As a technologist I would love to work on the west coast.

Why a barn?

To store my fine automobiles in over the winter, there are four left in my name, none of which I would sell.

1 person likes this

To store my fine automobiles in over the winter, there are four left in my name, none of which I would sell.

Oh, I thought you meant to raise chickens and stuff. 

1 person likes this

I guess I would like something that has character. Victorian houses and homes with "southern charm" are so pretty.

7-roof-4.jpg

It would also be nice if there was enough space in the backyard for a garden. Other than that, I don't really have any "must-haves".