Sally

6 Ways to Waste Your College Education (And How to Avoid Wasting It)

19 posts in this topic

Good article I would consider going to a college that's not Christian but for what my major is going to be I can really...

1 person likes this

Wait a minute..."6 ways to waste your college education"...but I see a Web page dealing with non-Christian colleges. I'm sure there's a mistake here.

LFTO: it's trying to give advice about mistakes NOT to make and his to make the MOST of your time at college

Wait a minute..."6 ways to waste your college education"...but I see a Web page dealing with non-Christian colleges. I'm sure there's a mistake here.

Yeah, the article is "3 reasons why Christians should attend non-Christian college", which is the same article Sally posted in another post, so I think there's a mistake...

xxx

Vince: thanks I appreciate it!

Dasboy: that's awesome! I know a guy who did that at a private Christian college in Ohio

The only schools I know that offer that are private. :/ like Cedarville, Xavier, Steubenville

Those are all private. Public colleges don't have a religious affiliation, like OSU, Kent State, BGSU, UC, Miami...UD is actually private Catholic. I didn't realize that until I went with a friend to visit people.

Huh I didn't know that I guess i was never told I mean colleges are colleges I know most have you pass a test to get in, but I never thought of them like that I always thought colleges were outside the rules on that cause you're paying to go no matter what.

Dasboy, maybe I can help clear some things up for you. Though you do pay for college no matter what there is a different between private colleges and public colleges. Public colleges receive government funding(I believe it is usually state government funding). Private colleges do not receive any funding. Public colleges are generally cheaper because of the funding they receive, but that also means they have to play by more rules than a private college.

1 person likes this

Not all colleges require admissions tests, just go off your previous grades and reputation... Penn State and Florida State I know for sure....

I'm going to have to look this article over more thoroughly when I have time. Number 3 really hit home.

"Many self-proclaimed "truth seekers" unintentionally assume that they are more intellectually sincere than firm believers. As G.K. Chesterton pointed out in his book, Orthodoxy: “Merely having an open mind is nothing. The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid.”

^This. I like to think I'm intellectually sincere and open-minded, but I think more often I'm just intellectually lazy..

I spoke to my dad once about my "crisis of faith" that started my senior year of high school. He's confident I'll come out of it a firm Christian, as he did in his college days. Anyone on here go/going through something similar? Thanks for posting this, Sally!