WanderingWashingtonian

Dressember

17 posts in this topic

Dressember is basically the idea of wearing dresses on all 31 days of December. Repeats are allowed, skirts are not. Ideally, you also take a photo of yourself in each days outfit and post them on some social media website.

One of my best friends participated in Dressember last year. I didn't find out about it until it was too late, but I was definitely intrigued. I am strongly considering doing it this year. It seems like a good way to bring a bit more fun and adventure into the world.

More info:

Facebook

Blog

Flickr

Will any of you be participating in Dressember?

Come on ladies, you know you want to! And if there are any guys reading this, I challenge you to make it "Dress Up December." Cross-dressing is NOT necessary, but maybe you could add a tie or something to your wardrobe... assuming a tie is not a component of your normal wardrobe.

Whatever you decide, have fun with it!

2 people like this

This may be a stupid question; but I'm extremely weak in female clothing terminology. But, what exactly is a dress? I mean, from a definition point of view? And how does it differ from a skirt or a blouse?

I love this! I really want to participate, but since December is tomorrow and I just found out, I may have to wait until next year. I love this idea so much though. :) One of my favorite pieces of clothing are dresses and this is definitely something I'd be happy to do. And I love that they raise money to donate to charity :)

1 person likes this

Same as April here. I hadn't heard about this before but I think it's a great idea! Dresses are my favorite when it comes to clothing :) If I had known about this earlier I would definitely do it this year!

1 person likes this

I only have 2 dresses so this isn't going to work. Maybe I will wear a dress the final day of december :P

1 person likes this

Yeah, I only own about 5 dresses...One is a shortish summer-dress, one is a floor-length summer-dress, one is sort of a winter dress, one is a prom dress, and the other is a really pretty Halloween dress...

xxx

1 person likes this

This would be fun, but all of my dresses are for warm weather-it would definitely be a lot of fun though :D! It reminds me I need to buy more dresses too ;)!

1 person likes this

Well, Day 1 for me consisted of a bright blue sundress I got in Hawaii on top of black capri leggings and a purple shirt. On top of that was a long brown sweater-coat, and two homemade scarves. Yeah, I had fun coming up with that look!

I went shopping today, and managed to find seven awesome dresses, all for a grand total of only $32.

Just for the record, if a part of you wants to participate in Dressember, it is better late than never!

3 people like this

This may be a stupid question; but I'm extremely weak in female clothing terminology. But, what exactly is a dress? I mean, from a definition point of view? And how does it differ from a skirt or a blouse?

oh my god

2 people like this

It's too cold outside haha

LOL, that's what tights are for, Neen... and boots... and leggings... and if all else fails, I will be wearing jeans underneath my dress. :D Though hopefully it won't get that chilly!

1 person likes this

I love dresses!  But no skirts?  This is going to be a challenge.

You can wear a skirt OVER a dress! That is still legal. I have made dresses into skirts by putting tops on over them, and I have made short dresses into tops by putting skirts over them. Part of the fun of the challenge is having to get super creative and think outside the box with your wardrobe.

Are you thinking of giving it a try? :D

I had fun looking at how the creator of Dressember makes it work. Last year, as an extra challenge, she wore a little black dress all month and came up with different ways to style it, as a response to people saying they did not have enough dresses to make it work: http://blythehill.blogspot.com/search/label/Dressember

I would totally do this if it wasn't in December! I don't want to freeze my legs off. burr

Would totally try this. I love wearing dresses! It's too cold though lol and can't wear a dress in certain settings :(