Sunny

How do you feel about shy girls?

42 posts in this topic

Is a shy girl someone you would be willing marry?

I've heard people say that shy girls are not the greatest as wife material because they are a lot of times less passionate and have a lot of insecurities and inhibition. Do you think there is some truth to that?

1 person likes this

I've heard people say that shy girls are not the greatest as wife material because they are a lot of times less passionate and have a lot of insecurities and inhibition. Do you think there is some truth to that?

One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful <---- Shyness Solution.

2 people like this

I'm attracted to different types of personalities. There is something fun about more outgoing women, but I also find more introverted women to be attractive as well. I think it is important to note that there is a difference between being shy and being more introverted. When I think of shy I think of refusal to ever assert one's thoughts and opinions, but when I think of being more of an introvert I think of someone who may not be the most outgoing, but who expresses thoughts and opinions in appropriate forums and in discussions with friends. I could not see myself having a long-term relationship with someone who doesn't ever take place in discussions, but I definitely could be with a more introverted woman.

In fact, I might be more likely to ask out an introverted woman than an outgoing woman. This is because, fair or not, I'm more likely to assume that an introverted woman is a virgin and is waiting until marriage than an outgoing woman. This is important to me, as I will only marry a virgin.

3 people like this

They're cute honestly, just not a girl like who would be to shy to try new things in general.

2 people like this

I'm perfectly fine with marrying a shy girl. I actually might prefer it. (I have nothing for or against shyness, but I think shy girls are more likely to have features I do care about, including waiting until marriage--see wny above.)

1 person likes this

I find shyness attractive, as long as the shyness doesn't come with a really low self-esteem or insecurities. I'm not sure if I count as shy myself (I'm pretty outspoken and don't have trouble talking to strangers, but, being introverted, I don't usually see the point and prefer to stay in my won world), but I certainly used to be, so I guess I can relate to shy girls better.

The main problem with shy girls is that it is difficult to tell whether a girl is shy or just not interested in me (or plain stuck up).

2 people like this

Though I can't speak for all guys, I find shyness attractive in a woman. In fact, if I were in a room of single women and there were several out going women and several quiet women, I'd be more drawn to the quiet ones. They might be harder to talk to at first, but one can hardly judge the character, values, and person of woman by her initial appearance. I would definitely consider a shy girl for marriage, but no more or less than I would consider an out going girl. I think, though, that marital compatibility has more to do with the two individuals involved, than their general personality types. I, personally, might be more drawn to a shy woman just because I'm kind of shy myself and I can relate...

2 people like this

I dont have a problem with shy girls. Personally I think they are nice. Rather be a shy person than an arrogant one. And Zeke has a point.

2 people like this

Have had a stupid little crush on a inconceivably shy girl for the last year. I know it's pointless; no sense in pursuing someone who isn't even willing to branch out and meet new people. 

I love shy girls!!! everyday has a new discovery, Building the trust strong enough for them to be passionate to you!! Knowing more about them than anyone in the world

3 people like this

I want to marry a shy girl, because I am a very quiet person who is not very outgoing. Very “bubbly†and outgoing people annoy me. I would love to marry a girl who would rather stay home and do something quiet with me than go out and have to deal with other people.  

Well I highly doubt I will ever be with a shy girl. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because I'm very shy myself and tend not to approach new people. A person I might end up with will most likely be a very out going and assertive person, which I wouldn't mind at all, I'm out going once I'm comfortable, but when it comes to new people ehh not so much.

1 person likes this

Shy girls are cute.

However.

She's got to be a wildcat with me. :D

I am more attracted towards shy girls. I thinks shyness is their strong point and makes them even more attractive.

I think that shy girls have a better chance of getting in a long lasting marriage. No offence to some girls out there but, most guys will marry an innocent girl rather than a whore or a slut. And even if they do marry them, the marriage will probably not last very long.

Let's be careful not to stereotype the shy and the outgoing.  There are not just two choices; the shy and the whore.  Neither does shy make for a less passionate person with insecurities. 

I think that shy girls have a better chance of getting in a long lasting marriage. No offence to some girls out there but, most guys will marry an innocent girl rather than a whore or a slut. And even if they do marry them, the marriage will probably not last very long.

3 people like this

^^exactly might I point out there are shy whores just sayin...

1 person likes this

I second this.

(Badass sig, btw, Leonidas.)

Let's be careful not to stereotype the shy and the outgoing.  There are not just two choices; the shy and the whore.  Neither does shy make for a less passionate person with insecurities. 

I agree with you.  I brought that up to see whether or not many WTM guys think that. When I made the thread someone had recently told me that if anything extremely shy girls are the worst kind of girls to "get stuck in a marriage with" and listed those as reasons why (less passionate, insecure, inhibited) so I made a thread about it to see whether or not many WTM guys think that.

Of course there aren't only two choices, many of the waiters here are outgoing, and in my personal life I have encountered promiscuous shy girls, and some people fall somewhere in the middle of virgin and slut and outgoing and shy. 

1 person likes this

Yes, shy girls can be deceptive, though. In fact, I think I've screwed up and "fallen for" one. 

Well, I hope they will or I'm in trouble! But to add a girls opinion on the whole marriage material thing. If I'm comfortable enough to marry thing guy I'm not going to be shy with him. And trust me, passion is not going to be an issue...

Shyness is not a weakness. It's an opportunity. I had a girlfriend that was really shy and so to open her up, I would engage her. She couldn't or didn't want to start a topic of conversation? I would or I would start one about something she liked and then she would begin to open. 

Shyness is not the end of the world you just have to work on positively â€‹manipulating the girl to be open about herself or what you are talking about. Again, past girlfriend played the cello, so i told her i loved the cello and we discussed classical music. She lit right up! Remember you're not against each other, and you're not stealing anything, you're merely building bridges of trust and communication. 

2 people like this

I am really shy. People who have never been shy seem to blame me for it, as if it was a choice that I made. Maybe it was, but if so it was at a very early age since I have been shy for as long as I can remember and it seems to be a pattern in my family. Either way, it is not an easy thing to get over. I have been trying to become more social for years and years with some progress but I am still bad enough to still be labeled shy. Close friends and family know that I am pretty open, wacky and a tad bit crazy when they get to know me, so if a guy thinks he wants to get in a relationship with me because I will be quiet and sit back when it comes time to make decisions, he has another thing coming. True, I am not aggressive when it comes to confrontation even when I know someone well but I know how to be heard and not let someone walk all over me. No matter how quiet I am in public, I will be quiet the entertainer for my husband when we are together. 

The important thing to remember when approaching a shy person is that shyness is just a protective covering, much like a m&m shell over the true personality. What is underneath that shell can be surprising.  It could be a reserved, peaceful person or it could be a wild child.

7 people like this