Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sarah Elizabeth

When did you decide?

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone :) I was just wondering at what age did you decide to save sex for marriage? Growing up no one ever really told me about waiting until marriage, so I just figured I'd wait for the "right" person. Over the past year or 2 I've started educating myself on the topic and after MUCH thought and consideration I became committed to my choice. My family actually doesn't completely agree with it, but I'm okay with that. Tell me your story on how and when you made your choice? Thanks!

I decided when I was about 14 or 15. I was reaaallly involved in my church's hs youth group, and my friends there really influenced me in a positive way. My sister lost her v-card at 17, my mom is fine with it as long as I"m 'safe', not sure about my Dad, but I don't really talk to him about that :huh: I've questioned my decision with a friend before; we wre both frustrated abt if we wait around and the guy we fall for had been running around.....I guess it's mainly my own emotional protection + a better marriage relationship that are my 2 primary motivating factors

Well I decided after something really bad happened to me. I was 8. I'm 26 now and I am not ashamed of my decision

i made my decision at 11 i think, we had learnt about sex, and we had learnt about the catholic opinion, i wanted to be a good catholic and follow ,y faith and my rules, and as time went on my reassurance in my decision has become stronger. i think my cuzzon helped be there he was the first person i told and he was very sportive so since think i new :)

Hi Sarah Elizabeth!

I think I decided when I was 15 or so... I started out with the whole, "I'm not going to have sex until I find the right person," then it sort of dawned on me that the thought of making love with more than one person in my life felt a little...icky...so I guess from there, I just decided that it made sense to wait until I was married. Plus, of course, I'm Catholic, so I think I've always considered the idea of WTM since I was a teenager, but it was only then that I decided for sure that I would wait.

I think most people probably start out with waiting for the "right person", then it develops from there into waiting till marriage.

xxx

I don't think I've ever decided at some point. I mean both in my religion and my cultural background, waiting until marriage is the norm, so I've always had that in my mind. And then as I got older, it just started making even more sense of a choice. So I've always had the will to wait, I guess. :)

Strangely, I remember the exact moment. I was 17, driving in my car, and making a left turn at an intersection when I made up my mind to wait until marriage.

I knew I didn't want to have sex without love, and for some reason at that moment my brain did this:

1. Don't want to have sex without love

2. But everybody tosses around the word love like it's nothing

3. Welp, I guess I'm waiting till marriage then

I was also in the midst of my first big relationship at the time, so it was a decision born of necessity.

I think most people probably start out with waiting for the "right person", then it develops from there into waiting till marriage.

Yeah me too. That was pretty much the story in my case.

It's nice to see everyone's different stories---coming to decide while in a relationship, versus always knowing, etc. Thanks!!

I never actually "decided." I have just always found casual sex to be very gross and wrong, and my entire life I have firmly believed that sex should only be between two people who are madly in love with each other. This does not have to mean married though. I thought there was something wrong with me because I had conservative beliefs, and one of my friends even slightly bullied me for them. But I finally realized, not too long ago, that I will never ever be okay with casual sex, or even sex between two people who just have crushes on each other. That's just the way I am. And I still haven't decided 100% if I am waiting till marriage, but whatever happens, I will never have sex with someone who I don't love with all my heart and who doesn't love me with all their heart.

I was 15 years old and on a retreat for my Confirmation class. We all had to take a walk and have a talk by yourself with God. I sat on a rock in the middle of the desert (I live in Arizona) and never in my life felt closer to God. I truly "Confirmed" my faith and knew that I would surrender all I had to him.

Also over the years of hanging out with cousins and friends I heard the stories of hooking up and what not and could see the emptiness of that type of lifestyle. I knew even back then that I wanted more and deserved more. I could see the results of having previous sexual baggage and how it strains a relationship with people I knew. I knew I didn't want to sell myself short and ruin what will one day, I hope, be something so wonderful words can't describe.

Well, I decided when I was around 17 or 18 coming from a bad experience. And, I don't regret it.