Tev

Loving Couples

21 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I wanted to ask you guys when you see celebrity couples or couples in public, or athletes and their significant others, do you guys ever get like that feeling of " Oh my goodness they are such a beautiful couple. I want that to be me" type of feeling. And when you listen to or read up on how they met that feeling just increases? Thats how I feel every time. Sometimes just for the heck of it I would go on celebs/athletes` twitters and I would see their post and if they have a significant other I would go on theirs as well and see the nice pictures they have of each other or the nice tweets they tweet each other and stuff like that. It`s a beautiful thing! And when I`m listening to muisc like the songs Music Soulchild makes or Ashanti or Old School R&B that feeling just keeps increasing like "This is the song I wanna play for my girlfriend or wife". And now I`m getting to the point of planning my first date. Like my first date with a young lady would be us in the park (especially around this time of the year in Florida), talking sitting on the bench and watchin the sun go down and me giving her roses...... You see how bad its gotten for me? I planned every detail for my first date. But anyway, sorry to make this post almost like an essay but its something I`ve been thinking about since last night. So have you ever experienced this and are you still experienceing it? And what can I do to not experience this as much, (besides the obvious answer which would br to get a girlfriend............ Alot easier said than done people)

2 people like this

do you guys ever get like that feeling of " Oh my goodness they are such a beautiful couple. I want that to be me" type of feeling.

Tev my friend.. to be honest.. never experienced anything like that. Not really follow celebs or athletes.. so I can't really share with you any with that. All that I can say is.. when you meet your lady [and I believe you will] just focus on her and make her feel special.. like she's the only one. And I believe she will adore you [the romantic details you mentioned ~ sunset / roses = winner]

I know it sounds kinda weird but its kinda a habit that I have going on others` twitters

I've felt that way about other couples in general, not just celebrity ones! Haha, it's often a struggle for me to be around other couples too long because then I start feeling envious and sad that I'm still single and wanting that connection with someone so badly!

@Waitingforyou<3 Thank you :). It makes me feel really good being told that

@Tev omg I totally do this. I will see a celebrity couple and be like wow they are such a nice couple, and proceed to listen to all their songs/movies/or look up pictures of them! I haven't done the twitter thing yet, good idea. The celebrity couple I am in love with ATM is Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert. I just love them together :D And they are actually married now! What celebrity couples do you like?

I meant that post above in the most non-creeperish way possible btw haha. I feel like I do this out of sheer interest in their relationship :)

I see couples out often enough, especially the affectionate ones, and it hurts a little, even though I'm happy for their sake. I wouldn't want to deny someone a steak dinner just because I don't have teeth. But it still makes me hungry for steak. If you take my meaning.

1 person likes this

"You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love."

Yeah, Tev, I do that! Both with celebrities and with people I know in real life. As a hopeless romantic, if I cannot have a love story of my own, I make do with living vicariously through the love stories of others. And yeah, I spend a lot of time making up romantic scenarios in my head of meetings, first dates, and stuff like that. And I've been known to spend more time than I care to admit watching videos of proposals on YouTube. :D

If nothing else, Tev, all of this romantic energy of yours is going to be cherished someday by your wife, and you will love being able to surprise her with all of the plans you are forming now.

2 people like this

@Pure The celebrity couple I love right now is... well their not celebrity by definition ... well maybe they are idk, but President Obama and Michelle Obama. I love them soooooooooooo much. The love they show towards each other is heartwarming. And if you look at pictures from when they were college students you can see that love back then is still there today. And I love em so much. I could talk about them all day but anyway another couple would probably be Jay-Z and Beyonce. Now obviously, Jay is not the most handsomest dude in the world, BUT I`m sure he to Beyonce he is very charming and loving and a great father to their daughter. So yeah those are my two favorite couples. And I definitely want to have a relationship like these four people have. And just like the men in these relationships have, I will treat my lady with the ultimate respect and give her my continous and everlasting love :wub: ! I`m excited just thinking about it, I really can`t wait :D !

1 person likes this

Thank you @WW I`m going to treat my lady as the beautiful queen that she will be

My post is not directly related to celeberity couples or regular couples, but I have a really cool fact I read in an article:

"In a survey [about commitment] of currently married men, 90% say they would marry the same woman again."

Rock on!

Um...actually every time I see a celebrity couple, it just makes me not want to be famous just that much more. Celebs aren't exactly known to have lasting marriages and the media just eats up all the drama that goes with their relationship woes. I usually make bets with myself over how long a celeb couple will last and it's usually less than 5 years. Usually it's the couples I see out in public that triggers my yearning to be with a girl. They usually look so happy together and it makes me wonder when I will be in their shoes.

But I see what you mean though, Tev. I do find myself listening to a romantic song and thinking to myself, "I'm going to sing that for my future girlfriend or wife."

2 people like this

@envincebal Uhhhhhhh...... Yeah...... I don`t know about singing a romantic song to my lady BUT I can guarantee we will be having a nice smooth slow dance to em. Cause God knows I cannot sing..... AT ALLLLLLL....... I was not bless with the ability to serenade a woman.... But hey I`m not complaining

@Stabler That is an awesome fact! Stuff like that always puts a smile on my face. Knowing that there are men out there who love the woman who they're married to. It's very heartwarming :wub: !

1 person likes this

Um...actually every time I see a celebrity couple, it just makes me not want to be famous just that much more. Celebs aren't exactly known to have lasting marriages...

True, but don't forget the list I made a while ago about celebrities who stayed loyally married for 50+ years! There were quite a lot of them! Also, don't forget the current list that Mike has made in the "Projects" section of the few who have been and are still married for many years.

1 person likes this

Tev, it happens to me 2...at the moment m luvin Devon Franklin n Meagan Good as dey took de path dat I am walking ryt now.

I am so inspired by their faith in God and it makes my heart smile everytym I read about how they met, begun datin until their wedding.

I pray for a man who luvs,puts 1st n trusts God lyk Devon does.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I forgot about those two. They are another beautiful couple. They are a great example of what a relationship should be with the foundation of their relationship is their faith. I love seeing those two. Good one @Motso I really forgot about those two

Celebs aren't exactly known to have lasting marriages and the media just eats up all the drama that goes with their relationship woes. I usually make bets with myself over how long a celeb couple will last and it's usually less than 5 years.

Exactly. I'm most definitely not inspired by celebrity couples in the least. *couch* Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart *cough cough* I am inspired more so by older couples who still hold hands or he has his hands around her waist when they go out in public- this, to me, is true lasting love where two people can just be content in one another's presence. Sadly, this isn't such a common occurrence these days. ;/