Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest head girl

phone app

8 posts in this topic

What would be the purpose of the app? To find other Waiters nearby? :)

But seriously, to do what? Remind us of reasons to wait? Network? Building the app is difficult enough, someone has to drive content.

1 person likes this

@head girl - Actually, you can download the "Invision Power Communities" app, which will make the forums work a little better from your phone. But as for a dedicated WTM.org app: I think we will do it at some point, but as LK said: we have to figure out a purpose first. And you can help with that! What were you hoping that it would do?

@LK - I thought about doing "waiters nearby" but that could go real bad real fast. Our topic can really bring out the creepers. :lol:

@Altan - How are your iOS skills coming along? Maybe we could team up on this at some point. :D

You don't need an "app" to visit a web site--what you're looking for is a just a mobile version of the site. (I'm assuming that that's what you have in mind)

The entire "app" thing seems quite pretentious to me. I mean, there are "apps" out there that aren't really programs at all (or, at least, wouldn't be programs on a PC). Also, why don't people say "application" anymore?

Also, why don't people say "application" anymore?

I guess it's shorter and easier to say. It's like saying "demo" instead of "demonstation" or "recap" instead of "recapitulate" or "fax" instead of "facsimile" or "memo" instead of "memorandum", etc.

@Mike: I'm more of an Android guy, but I could learn to iOS development process easily enough. I'm getting better at this softeare stuff as I go along.

well have you ever been having a rally hard day, and this sight is very inspirational, reminds us what's important in life and in our wtm, its nice to be able to just look at the general discussion etc, wen your out and about and think, ow yep actually things ant so bad, which atm if you don't have a pc near buy you cant do :)

1 person likes this